The Trump Indictment Thread

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
trump's press conference will be at 11am (presumably eastern time) tomorrow.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Does it end with sentencing? If it’s still in effect, seems like he was close to a violation in his post-verdict rants today.
ends when the judge issues an order ending it. Lawyer-buzz today was there was some surprise blanche didn’t ask for it to be ended. There is some logic keeping it at least partially going as long as the court still has jurisdiction, as you wouldn’t want trump trying to intimidate the judge into giving him a lighter sentence by threatening the judge’s family, etc. The part about not dissing witnesses would seem to be pointless at this point though.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
The meltdown is real.

IMG_4515.jpeg

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
He will be able to vote in Florida, even if Governor DeSanctimonious has to draft a special rich-white only exemption to felons voting. I don’t expect he’ll do public videos of felons who voted not knowing it was illegal getting publicly arrested for show.

Does he really need to vote in FL? He will win it by 10 points with or without his vote.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Does he really need to vote in FL? He will win it by 10 points with or without his vote.

Probably. But Florida has two state constitutional amendments on the ballot, one rolling back abortion restrictions and another to legalize cannabis, both of which seem to be very popular and may attract not-his-kind-of-voters to the polls. So the possibility that he might not actually carry Florida is within reason.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I'm wondering if there were any festivities on 5th Avenue last night. Perhaps a dogs and cats dancing together in the streets event (a reference to Dan Aykroyd in Ghostbusters :) ).

What puts a smile on my face is trump probably believing it was going to be a slam dunk acquittal on all 34 counts, because "hey, they're New Yorkers and they love me." Yet it took only 10 hours of deliberations to do the opposite, sending him a message he's just a tiny piss-ant rube. Justice and sanity prevails!

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
From what I read:

"Things a convicted FELON cannot do in the United States:

Vote
Travel abroad
Bear arms or own guns
Jury service
Employment in certain fields
Lost Public social benefits and housing"

"But ironically can still run for president".

Hopefully @Cmaier can confirm or fill us in.
Being able to run for President as a felon seems like some sort of ludicrous oversight. 😳

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Now the RW "experts" are saying that the judge did not require the jury to be unanimous on the underlying crime that elevated the charges to a felony and therefore the verdict will be thrown out on appeal. They say there were 3 possible underlying crimes, but I am not clear on WTF they are talking about. AFAICT, the underlying crime was a campaign finance violation.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
They say there were 3 possible underlying crimes, but I am not clear on WTF they are talking about. AFAICT, the underlying crime was a campaign finance violation.

The underlying crimes were Misdemeanors.

But Bragg argued that since they were in furtherance of another crime, they became felonies.

Top Bottom
1 2