The Trump Indictment Thread

True, but dampened enthusiasm helps only the republicans. That was also a big part of Hillary’s loss, and Biden pulling out. There’s nothing wrong with Obama-level optimism, that was as big a part of his success as his own brilliance.

Hillary ran as if she was the presumptive winner. I don’t see Harris doing that.

And **** it, I still think Trump loses and I’m not ashamed to say it. If I’m wrong, I’m wrong, but democrats win when enthusiasm is high and people turn out. It’s hard to win if you don’t believe you will.

*On topic, going back to the original posts in this thread, if Trump doesn’t win, I don’t think he’s as safe from prosecution as he thinks. Even if 3/4 of his charges are dropped somehow, would lying to the FBI or obstructing be ok even if he had the retroactive (thanks to our bought and paid for Supreme Court) freedom to take classified documents? While the J6 case seems more serious, the classified docs case is pretty serious and I don’t see how he skates with stuff he did while out of office, even if he did somehow ridiculously get a pass for taking them home and hiding them.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Superseding indictment was filed in the J6 case… we may get some more info from the documents...

*Looks like it was cleanup work to fit the new Supreme Court ruling. I’m looking to see if there’s any new names or info that can be taken from this.

More details on this, wow.

Some key points (from ABC News):
  • Jack Smith's team says that the superseding indictment was "presented to a new grand jury that had not previously heard evidence in this case," which separately charged Trump with the same crimes.
  • Rather than go through the evidentiary hearing in DC, Jack Smith goes back to a grand jury and gets a superseding indictment based on what it believes satisfies the Supreme Court immunity decision. This resets the case, requires a new arraignment, and Court process.
  • The news is an entirely new grand jury decided to re-indict Trump on the same election subversion counts without seeing the evidence that the Supreme Court barred from consideration—i.e. the DOJ corruption stuff and any other conspiring with federal officials.
  • Jack Smith added "private" to all of the co-conspirators, to highlight their clearly non-official roles — and got rid of Jeffrey Clark, the DOJ guy who was willing to be acting AG and pursue Trump's fake election fraud claims if Trump let him.
  • Judge Tanya Chutkan remains the judge on the case

Presumably he wanted it moved to federal court so that it will be under the jurisdiction of his AG once he is elected, and that sycophant will just stop the prosecution of it.
main reason was to derail the sentencing until after he’s elected. He knew there was no chance of it being transferred, but if the federal district court judge had operated on a typical time table, there’s no way he’d be sentenced next week.

there’s no way he’d be sentenced next week
The sentencing is not for next week, it is two weeks from tomorrow. There is to be a ruling on immunity or something by Judge Merchan on the 16th.

The sentencing is not for next week, it is two weeks from tomorrow. There is to be a ruling on immunity or something by Judge Merchan on the 16th.
ah. i was off by a few days. Merchant won’t delay the sentencing either.

I wonder if he cancelled this for his campaign or so judges wouldn’t see him sucking up to criminals before sentencing…

I feel bad for those who bought tickets (Not!)… I’m sure it wasn’t cheap for seats to that circus.

I wonder if he cancelled this for his campaign or so judges wouldn’t see him sucking up to criminals before sentencing…

I feel bad for those who bought tickets (Not!)… I’m sure it wasn’t cheap for seats to that circus.

$1500 for the cheap seats 😂.

I’d somehow thought this event already happened, and that article doesn’t say when the planned date was. Indefinite postponement means the Trump campaign is worried for sure.

$1500 for the cheap seats 😂.

I’d somehow thought this event already happened, and that article doesn’t say when the planned date was. Indefinite postponement means the Trump campaign is worried for sure.

I think it was scheduled for tomorrow, which I thought was odd because it was so close to the debate. Like, it’s not as if Harris or anyone else is short on ammo against Trump, but even that seemed pretty ballsy for a guy running to stay out of prison five days out from a debate with an untested opponent.

Not testicular ballsy, more like a ping pong ball bouncing around his empty head ballsy.

This is new...

Right after this was filed in court the trump campaign announced a total media blackout for all its campaign workers. No one is allowed to speak on or off record.

In a new twist in the federal election interference case against former President Donald Trump, Special Counsel Jack Smith has submitted a mystery document, hidden from both the public and Trump's lawyers.

The filing was made in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, where Judge Tanya Chutkan is overseeing the case.

A Wednesday court notice shows that Smith filed a document titled "Government's Classified, Ex Parte, In Camera, and Under Seal Notice Regarding Classified Discovery," a formal way of saying the Department of Justice (DOJ) has submitted a confidential document that contains classified information in the case.

This is new...

Right after this was filed in court the trump campaign announced a total media blackout for all its campaign workers. No one is allowed to speak on or off record.

Interesting. I would *speculate* there's additional government interest regarding trump, possibly relating to national security matters, where he is currently under an ongoing investigation that's separate from the one that lead to the charges he's facing today. And that the government felt Judge Chutkan needed to know about it.

It may have been here I read that Trump was refusing security briefings, which is a normal thing for former presidents to get. The reason being that he didn’t “want to get blamed for leaks.”

That’s absurd on the face of it, and likely means he’s already crossed the line, probably stuff we haven’t heard about yet. That should be brought up during the debate.

refusing security briefings

There are two reasons for this. He wants to keep his bullshit taps wide open, and any plausible assertion that he should know better because of the briefings must be avoided at all costs – to him, ignorance is not blissful, it erotic. Then, of course, the briefings bewilder him, being so far beyond his comprehension: he cannot afford to deliver his incoherent blortings while also in a state of befuddlement, lest he lose hold on the tiller of his grift.

It may have been here I read that Trump was refusing security briefings, which is a normal thing for former presidents to get. The reason being that he didn’t “want to get blamed for leaks.”

That’s absurd on the face of it, and likely means he’s already crossed the line, probably stuff we haven’t heard about yet. That should be brought up during the debate.

I suspect the government has denied him courtesy security briefings that ex-presidents routinely receive. Wouldn't be shocked if his clearances were yanked and that mandated the above.

Trump would never refuse briefings. He was denied them and used the “they won’t blame me, I refuse!” excuse instead. Probably due to something he wants kept secret, or he’d either accept the briefings or rant on Truth Social that he’s not being given the courtesy. Just a hunch based on very good evidence - everything Trump has ever said or done.

Back