The Trump Indictment Thread

totally useless crap in court. if he has been a lawyer for 40 years like he said and thats his argument thats saying something.

Right now, he's arguing in front of the court of public opinion, as overseen by the Trump faithful. All he has to do is say what they want to hear, and they'll believe every word of it.

There are dozens of us! DOZENS!
Yeah buddy, all the MAGAts watched a shitload of their buddies get sent to the clink over Jan 6, I'm guessing they learned a little something from that. Playtime is over and there's a new sheriff in town.

I know this guy has quite a mouth on himself but I have to give him props for adroitly nailing the situation.

Screen Shot 2023-08-03 at 9.05.33 AM.png

So if one were to offer to pay someone to murder their spouse and then gets busted for conspiracy, would that be considered free speech?

So if one were to offer to pay someone to murder their spouse and then gets busted for conspiracy, would that be considered free speech?

"Why did you shoot that person dead?"
"I was expressing that that person needed to be dead. That is protected by the First Amendment freedom of speech clause. If I had dropped a boulder on them, the freedom of press part would also cover that."

Trump has been indicted three times and life is moving on. And if he’s convicted, life will move on. People will protest, but at some point, republicans are going to realize constantly pandering to about 1/6th of the electorate is not a winning strategy.

The crowds - or the few people who gathered in defense and in protest of Trump - were peaceful.

This is why you execute justice. If the J6 folks were rounded up and tried for their crimes, things may be a lot worse now. Trump has a lot of supporters, but not all of them are willing to go to jail for him, or even take time out of their day to show up to a courthouse.

It’s also why democrats must win in 2024 - including the house and senate - so that Trump is not able to escape trial or conviction.

Would be nice if Trump’s insistence on winning means another Republican can’t win and pardon him.

I came across this quote by Yale history professor Timothy Snyder (via Heather Cox Richardson) and thought it was pretty spot-on considering trump's whining:

“That Trump will be tried for his coup attempt is not a violation of his rights. It is a fulfillment of his rights. It is the grace of the American republic. In other systems, when your coup attempt fails, what follows is not a trial.”

Passing comment I heard that sounds a little extreme but still has some merit. How is the Republican party allowed to still exist at this point? Beyond just Trump and the 6 coconspirators think of the countless Republican politicians that continue to push the big lie and the politicians who got voted out of office entirely based on the fact that they didn’t support it. Toss in the Republicans who requested a pardon from Trump for their connection to 1/6. How few Republican politicians have done the bare minimum of just saying let the legal cases play out?

Passing comment I heard that sounds a little extreme but still has some merit. How is the Republican party allowed to still exist at this point? Beyond just Trump and the 6 coconspirators think of the countless Republican politicians that continue to push the big lie and the politicians who got voted out of office entirely based on the fact that they didn’t support it. Toss in the Republicans who requested a pardon from Trump for their connection to 1/6. How few Republican politicians have done the bare minimum of just saying let the legal cases play out?

It’s a cult. Lindsey Graham is already attacking the judge, and some members are attacking the jury, which isn’t even picked yet.

They don’t address the points in the indictment. I’ve heard Marco Rubio offer up a half dozen defenses since last year. None of them involve what Trump is actually accused of.

This is not a free speech issue, a document storage issue or any other garbage the defense is trying to drum up.

The GOP will need more election losses to get the point. Hopefully, they will learn that lying about election fraud will not help them. If they won’t tell the truth out of decency, maybe they can do so after enough election losses.

Back