The Trump Indictment Thread

With his threats and incitement, Trump is a clear and present danger to the nation

So why do the Dems think running Biden, who is current polls (even after the latest indictment) in a statistical tie with Trump, is a good idea?

If Trump gets the nomination and beats Biden, his election is on the leaders of the DNC that protected Biden and let him run.

Slam me all you want, but Biden should not be running.

So why do the Dems think running Biden, who is current polls (even after the latest indictment) in a statistical tie with Trump, is a good idea?

If Trump gets the nomination and beats Biden, his election is on the leaders of the DNC that protected Biden and let him run.

I think it’s mainly because there currently isn’t a viable candidate, but I also blame the DNC and left leaning media for promoting the lack of a viable candidate narrative. The media wants a horse race, damage done as a result be damned. The DNC wants to maintain the neoliberal status quo at all costs. So they’ll just continue with “there’s nobody better than Biden” propaganda and give any primary contender as little oxygen as possible.

Not sure the @mac_in_tosh was even remotely trying bring in the notion that Biden shouldn't run. Or at least the section you decided to quote, doesn't even come close to Biden being a favorable candidate.

Last edited:

The answer to "this guy is corrupt, violating the law, and wants to install himself as an authoritarian leader under a cult of personality" should never be "the other team needs to field more charismatic leaders to counter the shit". I mean, the DNC should, but that's not the point.

If we want to engage in whataboutism olympics, let's start with why the heck the RNC is bending over backwards for TFG and embracing his tactics? Why are the Democrats on the hook for fixing the Republican party? Stones, glass houses, all that?

I wish Biden were more forceful at countering the empty accusations being leveled against him, by the GOP committees and by Trump. Biden crime family? Biden bribes? The most corrupt president in history? Has he come out and strongly denied them? Trump's strategy is always to keep repeating a lie until it's generally accepted as the truth (at least by his deplorables). By not strongly countering these accusations, I think Biden is conceding too much space to Trump.

As far as whether he should run again, I think someone like Gavin Newsom would make a better candidate. He's knowledgeable and younger. I like the way he handled Hannity in that interview, countering all of Hannity's b.s. right wing talking points with facts.

If you're saying Trump is such a danger that the Democrats shouldn't take any chances and should run someone younger and more forceful than Biden, I agree.

But if it comes down to Trump vs. Biden, which I think it will, the choice should still unequivocally be Biden. Do you disagree?

If you're saying Trump is such a danger that the Democrats shouldn't take any chances and should run someone younger and more forceful than Biden, I agree.

But if it comes down to Trump vs. Biden, which I think it will, the choice should still unequivocally be Biden. Do you disagree?

I think you got what I was saying. If the Dems don’t want to take the chance that Trump becomes President again, Biden should not be the nominee.

As for you last question, I don’t not want Trump to be President. But I also think the Biden’s are as corrupt as Trump. So I don’t want Biden either.

I wish Biden were more forceful at countering the empty accusations being leveled against him, by the GOP committees and by Trump. Biden crime family? Biden bribes? The most corrupt president in history? Has he come out and strongly denied them? Trump's strategy is always to keep repeating a lie until it's generally accepted as the truth (at least by his deplorables). By not strongly countering these accusations, I think Biden is conceding too much space to Trump.

I appreciate that he doesn't want to get down in the mud and play the other person's game. I hope this isn't a "let the truth speak for itself" situation. Hopefully when he switches from President mode to Campaign mode he'll address it.

I think you got what I was saying. If the Dems don’t want to take the chance that Trump becomes President again, Biden should not be the nominee.

As for you last question, I don’t not want Trump to be President. But I also think the Biden’s are as corrupt as Trump. So I don’t want Biden either.
And with that nobody sane will ever be able to have a conversation with you. Try to understand just how ridiculous this sounds to the normal person.

And with that nobody sane will ever be able to have a conversation with you. Try to understand just how ridiculous this sounds to the normal person.

Because I think the Biden’s are corrupt?

Maybe some of you need to take a look at some of the evidence and not what CNN wants you to see.

Actually read Devon Archer’s testimony. Not just the part your preferred news outlet gives you.

Donald Trump has 78 felony charges. Joe Biden has zero, has never tried to overturn an election, has never raped women, has never obstructed justice.

Please, enlighten us as to how Joe Biden is "just as corrupt"? I'll wait patiently for a rational response.

Maybe some of you need to take a look at some of the evidence and not what CNN wants you to see.
CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, etc. even Fox News breaks in to the local affiliate to cover the charges. This is what happens in the real world when you're not spoon fed by a right wing propaganda machine of angry pundits. Seriously man, think of yourself, it doesn't hurt.

No offense, but that's the same thing your side said about the stolen election.

I don't know if Biden is corrupt. I've heard a lot of hot air, but haven't seem a lot of evidence beyond the circumstantial type. But I'm not following it super close either.

One thing I do know is that if he is found guilty of crimes, I'm not going to point all 10 fingers in different directions trying to deflect. I like him at this point, but don't really have any emotional connection past that. If he's guilty, he should be charged and given his day in court.

No offense, but that's the same thing your side said about the stolen election.

I don't know if Biden is corrupt. I've heard a lot of hot air, but haven't seem a lot of evidence beyond the circumstantial type. But I'm not following it super close either.

One thing I do know is that if he is found guilty of crimes, I'm not going to point all 10 fingers in different directions trying to deflect. I like him at this point, but don't really have any emotional connection past that. If he's guilty, he should be charged and given his day in court.
They're out of their minds about Hunter Biden, the closest thing they can come to hitting his father. Joe has never said a word about any of this publicly, has stayed out of the way of the DOJ and has remained neutral. Fox News would have you believe he's pulling all the strings with absolutely no proof whatsoever other than angry pundits spouting bullshit claims.

Sorry, but I have no tolerance for these ignorant assholes anymore, "the bidens are just as corrupt" is 100% bullshit. If they want to make a real case then make a real case and back it up, other than that it's no different than saying the election was rigged, etc. It's red meat for their base but in the end it is turning off independents and if you can't win them over, you won't win the election.

I think a key difference is if Biden went down similar to Trump there wouldn’t be threats of violence, attacks on government buildings and employees, or lone wolves picking random people off because of the related propaganda. There’d be a national lol if he attempted some kind of “an attack on me is an attack on you!!” propaganda. Nah bro, this is your bullshit. Nobody is coming for me next.

Actually read Devon Archer’s testimony. Not just the part your preferred news outlet gives you.
OK, I just read his testimony (yes, the full transcript). What I gather from it is that Hunter Biden was/is a sleaze who tried to use the fact that his father was VP to enhance his own standing and profit. But there is nothing to support your claim that Joe Biden did anything corrupt. It includes the following Q&A:

Q Does anything in your knowledge or experience contradict the conclusion that there was no corruption, wrongdoing, or impropriety on the part of Vice President Biden?
A I have no basis to know.
Q You have no basis to know or is that a no?
A I would have no idea.
Q Are you aware of any wrongdoing by Vice President Biden?
A No, I'm not aware of any.

If you compare the above to the series of transgressions and felonies Trump has been accused of, including many we all witnessed directly, and still conclude Trump and Biden are equivalent in their unsuitability for the presidency, you are... I'll leave it up to others to come up with a suitable adjective.

I appreciate that he doesn't want to get down in the mud and play the other person's game. I hope this isn't a "let the truth speak for itself" situation. Hopefully when he switches from President mode to Campaign mode he'll address it.

This is Democrats’ biggest issue right now. Republicans hurl some asinine accusation at Democrats and then the Democrats respond with…..nothing. They need to realize voters want a counter. Otherwise too many will believe whatever bullshit reaches their ears.

OK, I just read his testimony (yes, the full transcript). What I gather from it is that Hunter Biden was/is a sleaze who tried to use the fact that his father was VP to enhance his own standing and profit.

That’s more than most here are willing to admit.

Donald Trump has 78 felony charges. Joe Biden has zero, has never tried to overturn an election, has never raped women, has never obstructed justice.

Please, enlighten us as to how Joe Biden is "just as corrupt"? I'll wait patiently for a rational response.

You don’t remember when the Saudis kicked down $2 billion to Hunter Biden as soon as his dad was out of office as VP? Me neither.

Back