The Trump Indictment Thread

You don’t remember when the Saudis kicked down $2 billion to Hunter Biden as soon as his dad was out of office as VP? Me neither.
Cued up meme making the rounds today.

KU3a6At.png

The latest attack. I just wish Biden wasn't "just as bad".

vpnnmocq3qgb1.jpg

That’s more than most here are willing to admit.
You said to read the full transcript. I did and found nothing other than what I summarized above. Your reply is meaningless, and you know it. It's as if someone wrote "People are saying the Herdfan family is into some sleazy dealings." You'd rightfully condemn it as baseless, though it's a tactic Trump has used again and again. Repeat something often enough, even if you know it's a lie, and people will believe you.

Because I think the Biden’s are corrupt?

Maybe some of you need to take a look at some of the evidence and not what CNN wants you to see.

Actually read Devon Archer’s testimony. Not just the part your preferred news outlet gives you.

Key Witness Doesn’t Back Up G.O.P.’s Biggest Allegations on Bidens​

The testimony of Devon Archer, a Hunter Biden associate, paints an unflattering portrait of Hunter’s business dealings, but contradicts reports of bribes or material involvement by the president.

here is the transcript point out the parts that pertain to Joe.

This thread is about Trump's indictments, we already have a thread about Hunter Biden that we can use. Let's not let the Conservative machine pollute this with their faux whataboutism outrage.

That’s more than most here are willing to admit.

That’s literally what many people here have said?? 🤔

It’s you who’s saying Hunter profiting off his family name and breaking laws means his father must have been bought by China or profiting from his son’s ventures?

Ok, fine. If that was true, it in and of itself isn’t proof of a crime unless Biden also lied on his taxes, etc.

There isn’t an iota of evidence to support any of this. Congressional republicans have been promising bombshell evidence and James Comer comes out after each one and says “We sure hope evidence is on the way!”

If your stance was Trump is corrupt, but so is Biden to a lesser degree and I don’t like either, that would at least be consistent. Just tying them together is a joke. Biden isn’t even probably corrupt at all, let alone as corrupt as Trump.

What is so goddamn hard about admitting Trump is a con with no respect for the rule of law or legal and ethical norms?

By this logic, there isn’t a person walking the earth who is any better or worse than anyone else. I see no consistency in the GOP’s outrage.

I could create a coffee table book that weighs 50 pounds with pictures and descriptions of crooked and disgusting things Trump has said and done. And I’m also kind of sick of Trump being judged solely on what’s legal. How about taking classified documents home, not given them back when asked and showing them off to random journalists to boost your ego is just a bad look, especially when you ran a campaign on jailing your opponent for less overt acts of questionable legality?

I wish Biden were more forceful at countering the empty accusations being leveled against him
This is ground one must tread cautiously. If someone asks you "when did you quit beating your wife," presenting a fim defense is absolute folly. You simply have to avoid giving the impression that a there can be found there. Adamantly defending yourself works to validate the premise that an accusation might be meaningful, so you ignore it for as long as possible. Because, defending yourself, ironically, makes you look weak.

Maybe some of you need to take a look at some of the evidence and not what CNN wants you to see.

I can say this confidently, that if Joe Biden was charged with crimes and the evidence presented was the same as what Trump has against him. Then things would work like they normally should, and he would be out office and his political career would be over. He would be pushed out by a public shaming, and there wouldn't be the fervent defense and blind support of him.

When the evidence that you say is there turns into indictments, come back and we'll show you how a corruption scandal is suppose to kill a political career.

Trump has been caught on tape about his sexual predatory behavior, he lost a civil rape case, he is the head of an organization that was found guilty of Tax Fraud, two times impeached as President, and currently indicted three times for many serious crimes. But let's distract and muddy the waters with the crimes of Hunter Biden and his dick pics.

Remember the times when a simple sexual scandal ruined a political career? Examples; Gary Hart and John Edwards. Compare those scandals with what Trump has against him and then we'll talk about how the Democrats get it wrong.

This is ground one must tread cautiously. If someone asks you "when did you quit beating your wife," presenting a fim defense is absolute folly. You simply have to avoid giving the impression that a there can be found there. Adamantly defending yourself works to validate the premise that an accusation might be meaningful, so you ignore it for as long as possible. Because, defending yourself, ironically, makes you look weak.
This is exactly what is happening. This whole thing about the Biden's being as corrupt as Trump is simply baffling, I can only picture a bunch of angry ignorant Republicans watching Fox News all day while seething in hatred.

Biden has done nothing, they cannot produce a shred of evidence against the man. He's never said a word about this stuff with Trump other than to say he will not comment, has made it clear that Garland has full control over the DOJ and has never stepped foot into any of this. Yet their hate just keeps growing toward Joe and all they can cling on to is his son's misdeeds, as if Joe did it himself.

Yet their hate just keeps growing toward Joe and all they can cling on to is his son's misdeeds, as if Joe did it himself.

It’s an attempt to disregard reality (Trump’s moral and legal debauchery) while trying to will their own reality - which is fantasy - into existence.

Trump will probably keep threatening people until the judge hits him with a gag order, and you’ll see the same warped reality when his defense attorneys pretend they’ve never heard of a gag order, or that such an order is unprecedented. But at least it’s their job to pretend to be shocked. For the GOP politicians, it will all be warped into Trump being the victim.

The only person who victimizes Trump is Trump himself with his poor decisions and big mouth.

You said to read the full transcript. I did and found nothing other than what I summarized above. Your reply is meaningless, and you know it. It's as if someone wrote "People are saying the Herdfan family is into some sleazy dealings." You'd rightfully condemn it as baseless, though it's a tactic Trump has used again and again. Repeat something often enough, even if you know it's a lie, and people will believe you.
It’s completely discouraging how a good many citizens can promote, defend, and make excuses for this unmitigated, unhinged caustic, train wreck of a POS, because they somehow think they’ll personally achieve some advantage. It basically reminds me that the human species can be so selfish as to be blind, because that is the only way you‘re not throwing up your guts when you gaze on this stinking putrescence. :mad:

This whole thing about the Biden's being as corrupt as Trump is simply baffling,

In my opinion, it's about when people become so tightly tethered and aligned to a political party (like they're sports teams you reflexively root for), that well-reasoned objective judgement flies out the window, never to bee seen again. It's about winning, at any cost. Instead of admitting an error in judgment was made and move on.

If Joe Biden were indicted for any crime, and the facts/evidence smell right and corroborated with personal observation, I'd drop him like a hot potato.

Unlike the Republican Party of the past, where Republican Congressional leaders leaned into nixon telling him he would be quickly impeached if he didn't resign, today's republican party (I can't capitalize those words when I have zero respect for today's republican party), appears to embrace criminality as if it's not a big deal.

(like they're sports teams you reflexively root for)

American politics is structured disturbingly like a tournament. Watch election night coverage, the way they report ballot tallies like some sort of game, and somebody is going to "win". Which is a problem if you want to actually address issues in a sensible way, because the winner has the trophy and the trophy gives them the right to fuck things up as they see fit.

Which is to say that politics is playing games with our lives while insisting that we are the ones who have to stay inbounds.

It’s completely discouraging how a good many citizens can promote, defend, and make excuses for this unmitigated, unhinged caustic, train wreck of a POS, because they somehow think they’ll personally achieve some advantage. It basically reminds me that the human species can be so selfish as to be blind, because that is the only way you‘re not throwing up your guts when you gaze on this stinking putrescence. :mad:

I think everybody should try to make an effort to defend something or someone without relying on whataboutism. Once stripped out of your arsenal it really causes you to think hard.

because the winner has the trophy and the trophy gives them the right to fuck things up as they see fit.

It would be like if you voted somebody into office to lower taxes and once in office they instead spend all their energy on banning abortions and books. That’s just a hypothetical, a little over the top that would never happen.

Actually read Devon Archer’s testimony. Not just the part your preferred news outlet gives you.
What evidence? Every time the Rs say there’s evidence they turn out to be mistaken (I’m being kind here). My favorite latest example is the transcripts of Joe and Hunter on the phone. The right shouted “we got ‘em now!” And the transcripts showed they discussed health and fishing. What is wrong with you people?!

I think Trump’s lawyers should file a motion for obstruction of justice for the DOJ not allowing any Democrats to testify or present evidence against Trump. Since this is a Democrat conspiracy weaponizing the justice department it's incomprehensible that not one Democrat will be sitting in the witness box righteously pointing their finger at Trump.

On a related note, if I get charged with murder just based on a mountain of audio and video evidence and witness testimony, can I get the charges dropped because the friends and family of the person I murdered are biased against me?

I don’t know a lot about Trump’s legal team, but the guy doing the rounds on TV is not doing him any favors. He’s admitted to Trump’s behavior, he’s admitted to the crime.

“We just wanted to take a pause and let the legislators figure this out.”

There is no such process. Saying you wanted to “pause” a constitutionally mandated official proceeding of congress without any such authorization to do so is obstructing an official proceeding. Planning to do it ahead of time is conspiracy. All the convoluted legalese doesn’t change that. Trump and his allies plotted and executed a plan to delay a process they had no such right to delay, with the end goal of depriving the country of their duly elected president. A crime to commit a crime to commit a crime.

Even if Trump sincerely thought Pence did have such a right, his only defense is insanity, because no rational person is going to believe Trump took the word of his dozen or so gaggle of misfits over literally everyone else, including his hand-picked Attorney General, White House Legal counsel, etc.

John Eastman also said the plot was illegal before changing his mind and coming on board. Jeff Clark worked in the DOJ; he knew it was illegal. Rudy and Powell? Nothing needs said about those two. What sane person will honestly think Trump was being honest by listening to them and not Pat Cipollone or Bill Barr, as well as the numerous governors, AGs, SoS and more from various states?

I think that’s why Trump’s behavior is the way it is - he knows if he gets to trial, he’s toast. The time between now and a trial is what he has to work with, and his behavior is starting to mimic the way he was acting in the lead up to J6. Spread a bunch of phony lies and excuses, attack the other side as being criminals themselves… It’s not going to work out well for him if he tries to will his delay of the trials until after the election by threatening and attacking people online and at rallies.

What evidence? Every time the Rs say there’s evidence they turn out to be mistaken (I’m being kind here). My favorite latest example is the transcripts of Joe and Hunter on the phone. The right shouted “we got ‘em now!” And the transcripts showed they discussed health and fishing. What is wrong with you people?!

I listened to an interview with a 70-year-old grandma who spent 2 months in jail because of her activities on 1/6. She has seen the light and is very remorseful. She got mad when Trump mentioned her as some kind of martyr for the cause because she takes full responsibility for her actions but also knows she and others wouldn’t have been in that situation if it weren’t for Trump’s lies. She also feels nobody should be pardoned because of personal responsibility. She now dedicates a good part of her time trying to help others see the truth and debunking the lies being spread.

The interviewer was firm but empathetic. He asked her when she is told things like “They are coming for you next” who exactly are they and what are they coming for people for? She admitted in her bubble they don’t really say or get into specifics. So I think you can take a similar view on “we got ‘em now!” statements. Not much thought or questioning is going to be put on that.

Back