The Trump Indictment Thread

Part of this comes down to the republicans successfully gutting the IRS’ ability to audit wealthy people’s returns.

Unless your name is Hunter Biden. Then Republicans are all about enforcing audits for wealthy people with a fine tooth comb. Also if your name is Hunter Biden they are about hyper strict firearm regulation enforcement. It's best to avoid being named Hunter Biden.

Unless your name is Hunter Biden. Then Republicans are all about enforcing audits for wealthy people with a fine tooth comb. Also if your name is Hunter Biden they are about hyper strict firearm regulation enforcement. It's best to avoid being named Hunter Biden.
Fun fact: you've said Hunter Biden less times in a single sentence than any Fox News segment in the last 2 months.

I know that its another case in another jurisdiction, but shouldn't Jack Smith be able to use this as another example of why they should limit Trump's ability to leak out case information?

Didn't they release their names publicly in the indictment? I thought I saw it disclosed and was surprised, guessing that it's probably a policy of some sort. But yeah, this shit has to stop and they need to protect these people, a lot of Trump's supporters are domestic terrorists and it's going to freak out anyone serving on any jury.

Whoa - that's scary! Surely there must be laws that address that kind of intimidation. Hopefully whoever did that will soon be arrested and jailed.

At minimum whoever posted the info and posted violent threats should receive a visit from the FBI. And I don't know if this counts as irresponsible reporting, but I think a law enforcement action should have happened first and that should be part of the article, not "Hey! The names and addresses of the GA grand jurors have been posted somewhere on the internet but we're not going to tell you where because we are responsible. You'll just have to find it yourself...which shouldn't take long for the usually online unhinged."

Yeah, the grand jury names are public once the indictment is unsealed. Still, it’s a predictable and shitty thing that Trump supporters do.

I wonder if the jury members were advised of that public disclosure before selection. And if they could freely opt out if they didn't feel comfortable with that.

Didn't they release their names publicly in the indictment? I thought I saw it disclosed and was surprised, guessing that it's probably a policy of some sort. But yeah, this shit has to stop and they need to protect these people, a lot of Trump's supporters are domestic terrorists and it's going to freak out anyone serving on any jury.
Yeah, the grand jury names are public once the indictment is unsealed. Still, it’s a predictable and shitty thing that Trump supporters do.

Didn't know that. I fail to see how that's a good idea. It serves no purpose other than to open the door for retribution.

I wonder if the jury members were advised of that public disclosure before selection. And if they could freely opt out if they didn't feel comfortable with that.
Frankly, I'm surprised we've made it this long without someone getting killed, at least since the indictments started. It's really just a matter of time as many of these people have been radicalized. Had I been on the grand jury I would be pissed about my name being public like that. Not sure if it's a judge that needs to make that exception but it needs to happen going forward.

The names were public and unredacted in the actual indictment. My lawyer friends and I were a little surprised by that.

That's a pretty heavy and IMO unfair burden for any juror to shoulder - even more so if addresses were disclosed (not that it wouldn't be hard to figure many of them out). Especially in that situation where the there are loads of nut jobs out there willing to take action.

That's a pretty heavy and IMO unfair burden for any juror to shoulder - even more so if addresses were disclosed (not that it wouldn't be hard to figure many of them out). Especially in that situation where the there are loads of nut jobs out there willing to take action.
It'll be worse if the identities of any of the jurors for Trump's upcoming trials become known. Even if their names are never published, they can be identified in other ways. (I assume they wouldn't be shown on TV if cameras are allowed.)

It'll be worse if the identities of any of the jurors for Trump's upcoming trials become known. Even if their names are never published, they can be identified in other ways. (I assume they wouldn't be shown on TV if cameras are allowed.)
Courtroom cameras never show the jurors. They can reveal themselves if they want at the end of the trial.

Back