USA Election 2024

If he truly had a cold, why was he in a crowded Waffle House right after the debate? Doesn't seem very responsible does it?

I put a Waffle House appearance in the mice-nuts category of stuff to be alarmed of and go non-linear about.

The larger point to contemplate: Was Biden medicated/over-medicated (*cold* medication being of many potential medications) during the debate, and was that what caused Biden to appear and act as he did?

I don't know the answer to that. But I leave that open as a possibility.

If he truly had a cold, why was he in a crowded Waffle House right after the debate? Doesn't seem very responsible does it?
Not sure about the Biden aspect here but have you ever been to a Waffle House that wasn’t full of sick people? The only thing thicker than their gravy is the snot a bunch of careless rednecks are slinging. It’s campaign season so candidates are going to catch something.

I don't know the answer to that. But I leave that open as a possibility.

Look, I understand what everyone saw Thursday night was jarring. I had a chance to start watching the debate and the episode at around the 15 minute mark, well it stunned me. And I was expecting something like that. I didn't like the way I felt after watching it, so it had to be bad for most of you. And for that, I am sorry.

But not buying the cold medicine excuse. Maybe you are looking for a reason it happened because you can't believe this was hidden from you and I understand that. But cold medicine did not cause that.

Not sure about the Biden aspect here but have you ever been to a Waffle House that wasn’t full of sick people? The only thing thicker than their gravy is the snot a bunch of careless rednecks are slinging. It’s campaign season so candidates are going to catch something.

I do my best not to go into a Waffle House. ;)

But, yeah your point is well taken and accurate.

But not buying the cold medicine excuse. Maybe you are looking for a reason it happened because you can't believe this was hidden from you and I understand that. But cold medicine did not cause that.

Nope, not at all. But rather than quickly jumping to a conclusion while intentionally ignoring other possibilities that don't support a convenient or popular narrative, is something I try not to do. Again... *cold* medication is one of many potential medications that *could* cause what we saw.

Keeping an open mind until all of the facts are in has served me well over the years.

Facts supporting what we saw being related to age and decline have been abundant. And based on that, for more than a year I've suggested on this forum that Biden should step aside (letting someone like Newsom/Buttigieg/Booker/Abrams/etc step up) so we are not facing what we are today.

EDIT: Make that two years ago.

screenshot-2024-06-29-at-4-25-11%E2%80%AFpm-png.30141

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-29 at 4.25.11 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-29 at 4.25.11 PM.png
    116.6 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Running away will not help. I think it is best to stay and fight the nazis (but, I am old enough that if I die fighting them, at least I lived a long-ish life).
For you younger ones, I grasp what you are saying. But considering I don't know how much time I have left, if Trump gets back in, I want to be as far away as I possibly can.

Last edited:
Just a refresher of what once was, both McCain and Romney showed decorum and while they traded barbs were respectful. Ho far we've fallen.

I've always liked Romney. A decent person in all aspects. Ditto with McCain.

Since then the republican party has devolved to what we have today. Embracing criminality, nastiness, lying, cheating, intimidation, violence, othering, and on and on.

It truly is sickening. Especially since around half of the population embrace those attributes and party with open arms. I really feel sorry for their children, knowing they'll grow up embracing that as well, following in their parent's footsteps.

It truly is hard to believe how much things have changed since the dumb golden dildo appeared on the political scene. They can’t get enough of him no matter how much he degrades himself. And them.

It is astonishing. Since that happened, I have a much better understanding of how hitler came to power. Reading about that in books and watching old news reels is one thing. Witnessing the early stages of that occurring in real time right before your eyes is quite another.

Going to be an interesting four months.

Now you have another problem - is Harris electable?

And what will some democrats think if Harris is NOT given the reigns?

If they could convince Newsom/Whitmer to ticket together (and who does what?), that is the only energetic ticket I could see that could gain any sort of momentum, but as was said earlier, how many Americans even know their names, let alone who they are?

This is going to be a situation where nobody knows what’s going to happen, but everyone will have the gift of hindsight.

I may be in the minority, but I think moving ahead and letting these two settle is best. Of course, I’d gladly accept an agreement where both step down and are replaced - but there’s no way Trump ever drops out, and I still think Biden is the best chance at defeating him this late in the game.

Last edited:
Going to be an interesting four months.

If they could convince Newsom/Whitmer to ticket together (and who does what?), that is the only energetic ticket I could see that could gain any sort of momentum, but as was said earlier, how many Americans even know their names, let alone who they are?

This is going to be a situation where nobody knows what’s going to happen, but everyone will have the gift of hindsight.

I may be in the minority, but I think moving ahead and letting these two settle is best. Of course, I’d gladly except an agreement where both step down and are replaced - but there’s no way Trump ever drops out, and I still think Biden is the best chance at defeating him this late in the game.

I'm just spitballing here... But what if, in the ideal, Biden were to decide to step aside in the election in the next week or two and endorse Newsom for prez. Biden could be a senior foreign policy advisor for Newsom working remotely from Delaware, and be willing to travel to the WH if/when needed.

Harris stays on as VP. That would give her another four years to *somehow* distinguish herself (sadly not taking advantage of the last four years). In 2028 she could run against Newsom if he turns out to be weak sauce.

Or something like that.

Last edited:
I'm just spitballing here... But what if, in the ideal, Biden were to decide to step aside in the election in the next week or two and endorse Newsom for prez. Biden could be a senior foreign policy advisor for Newsom working remotely from Delaware, and be willing to travel to the WH if/when needed.

Harris stays on as VP. That would give her another four years to *somehow* distinguish herself (sadly not taking advantage of the last four years). In 2028 she could run against Newsom if he turns out to be weak sauce.

Or something like that.
I can't see a woman of color agreeing to run for VP again to make room for a white man to run for president. If Biden had stepped aside a year or so ago, a contest with Harris, Newsom, Whitmer, and a couple others may have worked, but not now.

Please don't come at me. I don't know who this guy is but his TikTok is sure making the rounds.
If you don't like swearing or rants, move on. But he does nail much of how I feel about the orange orangutan.

Or something like that.

I don’t know, I’m still just of the practical belief I’m ok with an elderly man - provided they aren’t hiding an underlying condition (and not a single report has said Biden can’t do the work of the presidency, unless they’ve all managed to keep it a secret). The main issue is the perceived inability to be the avatar of the job, which is half of it.

And yet, that all concerns me less than a Supreme Court with five justices picked out by a steak salesman convicted felon.

If Biden decided to step aside, Newsom / Harris or Newsom / Whitmer would be great, but this is the dems - “why is the man getting the job Why can’t Newsom be VP? The white man over the black woman”.

This is why I think the knee-jerk reactions from the pundits and heavily tuned-in folks are short-sighted. Understandable and necessary, for sure. I just think a sense of calm is in order - it’s sad that it can’t be pointed out Biden at least tried and did convey many policy facts in his speech, whereas Trump lied incessantly and maybe had a couple of genuine strong points in 90 minutes.

I get it, what’s sad or true doesn’t matter, this is part theater and Biden whiffed, badly.

I did watch Trump at a rally - oddly enough, he did his worst when he had the teleprompter. America will be seeing more of him in the coming weeks as well.

The polls without the pundits and donors may tell a different story. I would not make a decision until we see more than the next-day polls.

I don’t know, I’m still just of the practical belief I’m ok with an elderly man - provided they aren’t hiding an underlying condition (and not a single report has said Biden can’t do the work of the presidency, unless they’ve all managed to keep it a secret). The main issue is the perceived inability to be the avatar of the job, which is half of it.

And yet, that all concerns me less than a Supreme Court with five justices picked out by a steak salesman convicted felon.

If Biden decided to step aside, Newsom / Harris or Newsom / Whitmer would be great, but this is the dems - “why is the man getting the job Why can’t Newsom be VP? The white man over the black woman”.

This is why I think the knee-jerk reactions from the pundits and heavily tuned-in folks are short-sighted. Understandable and necessary, for sure. I just think a sense of calm is in order - it’s sad that it can’t be pointed out Biden at least tried and did convey many policy facts in his speech, whereas Trump lied incessantly and maybe had a couple of genuine strong points in 90 minutes.

I get it, what’s sad or true doesn’t matter, this is part theater and Biden whiffed, badly.

I did watch Trump at a rally - oddly enough, he did his worst when he had the teleprompter. America will be seeing more of him in the coming weeks as well.

The polls without the pundits and donors may tell a different story. I would not make a decision until we see more than the next-day polls.

I'm thinking about the undecideds (presumably willing to vote for trump) in battleground states. Are they going to be OK with Biden, considering how he came off a couple of days ago in the debate? Even though trump lied his way through it, I think he came off pretty robust optics-wise. How will Biden do two months from now in September's debate, leaving little time for options, should he do poorly (or worse)?

I'm thinking about the undecideds (presumably willing to vote for trump) in battleground states. Are they going to be OK with Biden, considering how he came off a couple of days ago in the debate? Even though trump lied his way through it, I think he came off pretty robust optics-wise. How will Biden do two months from now in September's debate, leaving little time for options, should he do poorly (or worse)?

And Biden didn't?

CNN’s Daniel Dale offered a report in which he said Trump had made at least 30 false claims, and Biden at least nine. But it wasn’t shown on the air until more than an hour after the debate ended — just shy of midnight on the East Coast.

So don't go thinking Biden is some Saint who never deviates from the truth. The one about not losing any troops overseas was bad. Especially when his ass was at the memorial service when they were brought home in flag draped coffins.

Will his campaign even let him debate again?

I'm just spitballing here... But what if, in the ideal, Biden were to decide to step aside in the election in the next week or two and endorse Newsom for prez.

Will Newsom do it? He isn't super popular in his own deep blue state:

So can he leverage those approval ratings to beat Trump? I don't know. He may be thinking Trump has 2024, so I'll position myself for 2028 (and give people time to not have current approval numbers).

Possibly, but they are going to have to get her to 1) stop cackling - it is off putting and 2) Force her to read what is on her card and stop her word salad.

I don't think anyone in the party will have an issue because for them the goal is to win and the end justifies the means, but there are certainly going to be some voters who will be pissed and possibly stay home. Or go over to Trump if he picks someone like Tim Scott or Byron Donalds. Won't take much of a shift to make a huge difference.

So don't go thinking Biden is some Saint who never deviates from the truth. The one about not losing any troops overseas was bad. Especially when his ass was at the memorial service when they were brought home in flag draped coffins.

I never made that claim. There's a world of difference between trump's intentional lies designed to deceive and evade taking responsibility, and Biden's occasional slips.

You might remember trump left Afghanistan in a terrible situation and a huge mess only negotiating with the Taliban and leaving the Afghan government in the dark and not at the negotiating table. Which only emboldened the Taliban to take advantage of the situation as trump had developed no plan for withdrawal. Which complicated Biden wanting to get US troops out safely. Intelligence revealed that the Taliban was ready to attack remaining US forces.

US military lives lost during the withdrawal I put squarely on trump and his inexperience/unfitness for office.

Back