USA Election 2024

this seems like the guy

Screenshot 2024-09-15 at 5.22.50 PM.png

Last edited:
Seems like some outlets are reporting he was a radical leftist, seems like that’s the case but it’s also early. Doesn’t matter, that’s what he’d be called anyways, and you can expect the usual suspects to accuse it of being a Harris operation or inside job. It’s predictable, hopefully to the point of being quickly dismissed.

Seems like some outlets are reporting he was a radical leftist, seems like that’s the case but it’s also early. Doesn’t matter, that’s what he’d be called anyways, and you can expect the usual suspects to accuse it of being a Harris operation or inside job. It’s predictable, hopefully to the point of being quickly dismissed.
Ehh … he’s got posts supporting Bernie, Tulsi (who supports Trump), Nikki Haley, and Trump (but is now disappointed). I’m not sure he’s politically coherent, but as I said maybe we’ll get more than that from him.

1726447389518.png

Combine these with the ones @fooferdoggie posted and to me he’s just a nutter. If there’s any coherence it’s just any “antiestablishment” candidate regardless of political affiliation or orientation.

Last edited:
Shooter was 300 to 500 yards away with an AK? I'm not gun expert but even with a scope is that realistic?

Pushing it at 300 yards. Now if he had a premium scope and it was dialed in and hand loaded and balanced the rounds, it would be possible. You are looking at over a foot drop at that distance, which can be accounted for, but AK's are stamped so the tolerances are not as good as a forged AR. Hence less accurate.

So 300 yards is right on the edge. At 500 yards, it would be pure luck.

Well, that was one week. Here we are at the start of another, should be interesting to see what this one brings in this never-ending Trump reality show.

Republicans will of course condemn this attempted attack on Trump, but they promote and incite it with their language - especially Trump.
I'll be glad when that SOB is gone and forgotten. His time on this earth will go down as one of the lowest periods in American history.

I'll be glad when that SOB is gone and forgotten. His time on this earth will go down as one of the lowest periods in American history.
I agree but I fear that gone and forgotten will be two very different time scales. And that's if we win in November. Trump and what the GOP has turned into is going to poison us for a very long time. Our best hope is that Trump losing in November will force the creation of a more sane conservative party that will cannibalize the Trump cult over time. I won't agree with much of what they stand for, but not ending American democracy, as imperfect as it is, will be a nice change. I'm not holding out too much hope though.

I agree but I fear that gone and forgotten will be two very different time scales. And that's if we win in November. Trump and what the GOP has turned into is going to poison us for a very long time. Our best hope is that Trump losing in November will force the creation of a more sane conservative party that will cannibalize the Trump cult over time. I won't agree with much of what they stand for, but not ending American democracy, as imperfect as it is, will be a nice change. I'm not holding out too much hope though.
There are people like the Project 2025 folks for who Trump is a useful idiot, a means to their end. They won't go away when Trump does, but it will remain to be seen how many there will be and how much support they'll have. Then there are the politicians in the former GOP who need Trump and his base to remain in power. If Trump is out of the picture and another sane, conservative leader takes the reins, they'll probably go with them. And that leaves the true crazies, the cultists, who will never disappear. Again, what happens will depend on their numbers and strength. But no, I don't believe we'll ever return to the old status quo.

Word! I'm actively involved and donating, it's our best hope.

As a result... how many emails/texts do you get a day from Harris/Walz/Biden/both Clintons/Oprah/Emhoff/GwenWalz? Even De Niro and Obama (we're buds now, I can call them Bobby and Barry). I'm getting at least a dozen a day now and it's getting annoying.

It's a shame Ret. Judge Luttig isn't a little younger. The repubs need someone like him to take the wheel and instill some respect/values/decency/common sense/anti-criminality/wisdom/kindness/etc in the party.

Back