USA Election 2024

As a result... how many emails/texts do you get a day from Harris/Walz/Biden/both Clintons/Oprah/Emhoff/GwenWalz? Even De Niro and Obama (we're buds now, I can call them Bobby and Barry). I'm getting at least a dozen a day now and it's getting annoying.
As soon as I'm done donating I STOP texts and unsubscribe from all emails. Then, the next time I choose to donate I do it again. I never get spammed as a result and get to choose how and when I donate that way.

Maybe it’s just me but I’m not quite buying these assassination attempts.

Also, I loved reading that the now old enough Sandy Hook survivors are voting Harris/Walz.
At the very least it doesn't have any punch, really Trump is a victim of his own policies by giving every whackjob out there free and easy access to these weapons. Even then those buying them clearly can't use them, turns out they're way more successful at shooting up a bunch of kids in a school than assassinating a president.

Word! I'm actively involved and donating, it's our best hope.

I do not donate to political causes or candidates. However, Mom missed out on this one, and she was the feminist extraordinaire, so I will be sending money in her name. Symbolically. I am sending a money order for $47 and one for $19.20 – there should be a third one, but I cannot come up with the number. (Money orders so that they do not obtain my name or address.)

There are people like the Project 2025 folks for who Trump is a useful idiot, a means to their end. They won't go away when Trump does, but it will remain to be seen how many there will be and how much support they'll have. Then there are the politicians in the former GOP who need Trump and his base to remain in power. If Trump is out of the picture and another sane, conservative leader takes the reins, they'll probably go with them. And that leaves the true crazies, the cultists, who will never disappear. Again, what happens will depend on their numbers and strength. But no, I don't believe we'll ever return to the old status quo.
Yeah, unfortunately too many of the crazies are in positions of power. They aren't going to let go and too much of the base has been fed crazy and loves it. My memory is that the polls indicate about 40% of Republicans are basically Trump cultists. Even saying cults of personalities have difficulties replacing their leaders, this is the Tea Party on steroids and they'll be able to determine the leaders for a while. We could even see that with the Tea Party pre-Trump and this is bigger.
It's a shame Ret. Judge Luttig isn't a little younger. The repubs need someone like him to take the wheel and instill some respect/values/decency/common sense/anti-criminality/wisdom/kindness/etc in the party.
This has been a long time coming in the Republican party, like I mean I wouldn't associate any of those properties with the likes of Gingrich, Hastert, etc ... and even Saint Reagan well wasn't so saintly if you were gay, black, or working class. And then Nixon hangs like a pall over everything (and not just on the perversion of justice level, the Southern strategy as well) though even he might blush at Trump (and was certainly as President better at the job and even helped/tried to help others - though again the Southern strategy undercut a lot of that). And anti-democracy voter suppression has long been a staple of Republican policy. However, it does say something though that the likes of George Will and Dick Cheney endorse Harris/Walz. If even they recognize the crazy has gotten out of hand ... but I don't know how much of a nucleus can be formed around the conservatives abandoning Trump. After all, given the apparent tightness in the polls, it hasn't had much of an effect.

I recognize that conservative views need a voice in America and I'd like that voice to be sane. But I'm not going to hope for much more than that and I think only burning the Grand Old Party down and getting a new one has any hope of getting even that and that hope is slim for the foreseeable future. That's not just me saying that, some former Republican never Trumpers are the ones saying that the Republican party needs to be destroyed as a going concern the loudest (Tom Nichols comes to mind).

As soon as I'm done donating I STOP texts and unsubscribe from all emails. Then, the next time I choose to donate I do it again. I never get spammed as a result and get to choose how and when I donate that way.

At the very least it doesn't have any punch, really Trump is a victim of his own policies by giving every whackjob out there free and easy access to these weapons. Even then those buying them clearly can't use them, turns out they're way more successful at shooting up a bunch of kids in a school than assassinating a president.

Also limiting the effect of these attempts is the callousness which they have shown others, including children, being shot and killed, "just get used to it", and of course their own demonization of people to the point of inflicting terror on immigrant communities.

As a result... how many emails/texts do you get a day from Harris/Walz/Biden/both Clintons/Oprah/Emhoff/GwenWalz? Even De Niro and Obama (we're buds now, I can call them Bobby and Barry). I'm getting at least a dozen a day now and it's getting annoying.
The past few days I've gotten maybe 50 emails and 20-30 texts each day. Yes, they're annoying, especially because they're so disjointed ("We're disappointed we haven't heard from you" from one group when I just donated to another.) But I'm willing to put up with the bother and have less cash on hand if it'll help the cause.

1726521894847.png

I hear thoughts and prayers are effective, but maybe now is not the time for action while emotions are high. Maybe they should just get used to it. Alternative below:

1726521728699.png

View attachment 31394

I hear thoughts and prayers are effective, but maybe now is not the time for action while emotions are high. Maybe they should just get used to it. Alternative below:

View attachment 31392

Back to my old motto on conservatives - “they don’t care until it actually affects them.”

BTW why is everyone calling for the SS to do a better job? He's the one out there being bombastic and baiting the worst kind of radicals, he is a civilian now, make him pay for his own goddamned security.

BTW why is everyone calling for the SS to do a better job? He's the one out there being bombastic and baiting the worst kind of radicals, he is a civilian now, make him pay for his own goddamned security.

It's been the law since 1965 that former presidents get protection during their lifetime unless they decline.

It's been the law since 1965 that former presidents get protection during their lifetime unless they decline.
I'm aware but we need an exception here, this isn't just covering someone with a limited crew while they spend their remaining days in retirement. The detail that is going into his campaign must be immense, then they still have to protect the existing sitting president. It's obvious that they're stretched.

I'm aware but we need an exception here, this isn't just covering someone with a limited crew while they spend their remaining days in retirement. The detail that is going into his campaign must be immense, then they still have to protect the existing sitting president. It's obvious that they're stretched.
I wonder if we're still paying huge sums of money for them to stay at Trump properties and put even more money in his pocket? That was the MO when he was president ...

View attachment 31046
Yes “guest essays” don’t necessarily represent the views of the paper, yadada, but they still thought this missive from Rich Lowry (National Review) was worth publishing.
While this article raises doubts about it, it's what it fucking sounds like to me:

Even if it's not, Megan Kelly and Rich Lowry are defending "alternative facts" and "creating stories" to bring attention to "what's actually happening" and saying it's just media who should be hated for making it sound like "alternative facts" and "creating stories" are the same as telling lies. 🤷‍♂️ At first in the clip, you think she's condemning Vance for making shit up, then you realize she isn't and neither is he and then he goes even further.

The NYT thought, yeah let's publish an article by this asshole. And yes he and Megan Kelley both used to be considered "serious journalists". So they're still defending racial slurs against immigrants even if he didn't use THE racial slur.

This is why I say the rot has gone deep in the conservative establishment and because its establishment, it infects everything that considers establishment to be sacrosanct - including the NYT and WaPo and other media. It's just like how journalists and editors launder their reputations from far right wing news organizations into the mainstream through the WSJ and other Murdoch papers and others feel they have to hire these hacks because of "balance" and "neutrality" regardless of journalistic ethics. Only once can I think of in recent memory was the Editor pick so odious that even the newsroom of WaPo revolted having them as their Editor for scummy shit he had done in Britain.

But of course the current WaPo editor is from the Wall Street Journal and the Executive was the unethical British guy's boss. So if you ever wonder what happened to WaPo ... that's what.

Last edited:

Seems they did a good job - they neutralized a threat before he could even fire.

If it’s a matter of how close he got to Trump, I’m not sure what the rules are on that, but they did stop him and he didn’t get very close, with close being subjective I guess.

But yeah, Trump is making a lot of people’s jobs harder, in many places.

Hate to even share these polls because we need to prepare as if she's going to lose, but it's better news than watching the Trump news on every channel.

Back