USA Election 2024

How the actual f is he 1 of 2 choices for the highest office?
Because he is a dialectical pugislist. Other Republican candidates are afraid of him and cannot figure out how to deflect his blows. He beats down the competition and then threatens them with his horde of MAGAts.

Currently, the 32-month rolling average of partisans as reported to Gallup surveyors works out to 28% Republican, 28% Democrat, 42% "Independent" and, I guess, 2% DGAFF. That places each Party in a pretty weak position with respect to respect for them, but the two parties are so deeply entrenched in the system that there really is no prospect in going outside of them above the local county level. So, a group with barely more than a quarter of national support will gain control of the government, and a lot of us will very much be not happy about it, but dislodging them from the levers of control looks difficult and unlikely.

Who's the dickhead? Who's the dickhead?
This should be great material for a Harris campaign ad. It may not affect the MAGAs who would gladly line up to be shot by Trump and declare their fealty as they die, but it could sway some voters who think he'll be better for their economic well-being.

It is not explicitly stated that this was politically motivated (central Texas, though), but if it was, at least that is $4,000 not going into ShitGibbon's campaign coffers.

ETA, this looks like a prepared stunt (video) in which the MC hands the guy a claw hammer, expecting him to smash the guitar. Overall, it looks plain pathetic.

Last edited:
There’s a f******g tweet for everything.

Then, in 2012…

IMG_0577.jpeg

Now, after Hurricane Helene in Georgia, in front of a staged brick podium, draining resources away from those who need it.

IMG_0578.webp

There’s a f******g tweet for everything.

Then, in 2012…

View attachment 31619

Now, after Hurricane Helene in Georgia, in front of a staged brick podium, draining resources away from those who need it.

View attachment 31620
Who knew? Comforting to know that if he's elected, he'll abolish NOAA.

I can’t believe we have had to deal with this unqualified, unintentionally hilarious racist dipshit for a decade - three times in a row as the nominee, a guy who has one brain cell ping-ponging around in his head.

I hope the presidency continues to be held by sane and rational adults moving forward, but I’ll never be able to view the office or politics in general the same way. Like, if someone told you Freddy Got Fingered was a cinematic masterpiece on the level of Gone With The Wind or The Godfather. Either you or they are clearly wrong, but it kind of ruins it for you to know people see them as equal. How can I ever take the office of the presidency seriously after this assclown held the role?

*Walz was shaky but made good points in his opening. Vance is solid. But those are mostly prepared openings.

**Walz is getting comfortable about five minutes in. Didn’t take long!

Last edited:
JD Vance held his own. This was far more of a normal debate, minus Vance constantly going on about migrants.

It was interesting, but somewhat boring. Obviously, I think Walz came across as more believable, but I don’t think this moves anyone in any direction. It also didn’t hurt either opponent, though I almost couldn’t take it when Vance credited Trump with saving the ACA and his remarks on J6.

As is usual with these things, I think team Trump wasn’t hammered hard enough. But I understand Walz is trying to help change the tone with Harris. And to his credit, is is Vance. But that just makes it more infuriating, and I’m surprised Walz didn’t at least one time say to Vance “how can you be so polite and run with a POS?”

He also got off light on his comments about women.

I think Walz won here, but Vance did enough for his side to claim he won. Which they would do anyways, but at least it has a semblance of believability this time.

Back