USA Election 2024

I didn't watch but here's the takeaway from Newsweek:

Tim Walz Gets Bigger Polling Boost Than JD Vance After VP Debate​

According to CNN's instant poll of viewers who watched the VP debate, Walz was at 46% favorable, 32% unfavorable (net +14%) before the debate, while Vance was at 30% favorable, 52% unfavorable (net -22%). After the debate, 59% had a favorable view of Walz, with just 22% viewing him unfavorably (net +37%), while 41% had a favorable view of Vance, with 44% viewing him unfavorably (net -3%).

So while Vance did have an increase in approval after from debate (from -22% to -3%), Walz actually went from +14% to +37% net approval after the debate! His increase in favorability was actually bigger than Vance's! So much for all the takes from the media that Walz somehow did poorly in the debate.

I saw this. Given that’s who they’re targeting, I’m relieved.

TLDR: I’m glad it was civil and mostly seen as a tie or with Vance edging Walz by a hair, with the voters who will matter most seeing Walz more favorably. That’s a great sign.

I’m also relieved that the general public shares my views. Vance did way better than I thought. But, while that’s great for him and his campaign (and probably will piss Trump off), he’s deceptive and I feel Walz should have went in harder. I’m glad it was civil, but I worry that has a tendency to lessen the seriousness of another Trump term. If you’re ignorant, you come away with the impression these are two principled men with differing views - like it used to be. That’s not we’re dealing with.

Walz did not need to get in the dirt to hammer Vance. Just quote his own words, and ask him how he can say the racist attacks on his wife were white supremacists - ask him why Trump can’t condemn white supremacy. Can Vance do it? Walz did say it, but he should have been more emphatic when mentioning Vance will do what Pence wouldn’t.

But at the end of the day, independents are what matters, and I’m glad it looks like he trounced Vance. Also, CBS did some polls and while Vance tied or bested Walz by a point overall, Walz came out ahead in many breakdowns, like who’s more likable and such.

I saw this. Given that’s who they’re targeting, I’m relieved.

TLDR: I’m glad it was civil and mostly seen as a tie or with Vance edging Walz by a hair, with the voters who will matter most seeing Walz more favorably. That’s a great sign.

I’m also relieved that the general public shares my views. Vance did way better than I thought. But, while that’s great for him and his campaign (and probably will piss Trump off), he’s deceptive and I feel Walz should have went in harder. I’m glad it was civil, but I worry that has a tendency to lessen the seriousness of another Trump term. If you’re ignorant, you come away with the impression these are two principled men with differing views - like it used to be. That’s not we’re dealing with.

Walz did not need to get in the dirt to hammer Vance. Just quote his own words, and ask him how he can say the racist attacks on his wife were white supremacists - ask him why Trump can’t condemn white supremacy. Can Vance do it? Walz did say it, but he should have been more emphatic when mentioning Vance will do what Pence wouldn’t.

But at the end of the day, independents are what matters, and I’m glad it looks like he trounced Vance. Also, CBS did some polls and while Vance tied or bested Walz by a point overall, Walz came out ahead in many breakdowns, like who’s more likable and such.
Apparently Walz was nervous, I think he won, but I he wish he had been quicker to say something like there is no basis in fact for most of your fantasy statements.

From Heather Cox Richardson newsletter
When moderator Margaret Brennan noted during last night’s vice presidential debate that Republican nominee J.D. Vance had, once again, lied about the legal status of migrants in Springfield, Ohio, Vance retorted: “The rules were that you guys weren’t going to fact-check!” As scholar of propaganda Pekka Kallioniemi noted, this was “[t]he epitome of post-truth politics.”

Did Vance skip Civics class? Does he not understand what a VP can & cannot do?

Did he go home and celebrate by copulating with his sofa?

I have so many questions.
He has no clue what the offices of president or vice president entail. What their limits are. He believes in full-fledged dictatorship. He might be able to list the branches of government, but he has no clue what any of them actually do.
“The rules were that you guys weren’t going to fact-check!”
That was the moment he lost the debate. When he refused to answer who won the 2020 election was the nail in the coffin.

I have been wondering what the temperature is on this election for everyone here?

My mood was greatly improved when Biden finally stepped down, mind you I was still behind him but I felt he should have never run a second term. Since then... I has started to go into the anxious white knuckle stage again. I have a lot of suspicions that Trump and crew have something up their sleeve more than what is already in play.

Disruption items currently in play.
  • Secret deal with Netanyahu, to ignore any talks of peace or cease fire until after the election.
  • Secret deal with Harold Daggett (Longshoreman Union Boss) to disrupt supply chain
  • Crony Louis DeJoy slowing down the Post Office again during the election process. My mother saw first hand what happened when her mail-in ballot from Polk County Florida showed up in NH a day after the election. She requested it the first day she was eligible.
  • GA ballot hand counting decision.
  • Money laundering/bribes for a $100,000 watch that has an estimated value of $700
  • Probably doesn't need to be mention because it's considered normal now... The constant lying and disinformation being spewed by Trump and team.

I have been wondering what the temperature is on this election for everyone here?

My mood was greatly improved when Biden finally stepped down, mind you I was still behind him but I felt he should have never run a second term. Since then... I has started to go into the anxious white knuckle stage again. I have a lot of suspicions that Trump and crew have something up their sleeve more than what is already in play.
I'm right with you. I don't trust polls, especially after what happened with Hillary.
As much as Trump and certain GOP deny it, I'm not buying that they don't have some sort of Gilead (Project 25) in play.

Disruption items currently in play.
  • Secret deal with Netanyahu, to ignore any talks of peace or cease fire until after the election.
  • Secret deal with Harold Daggett (Longshoreman Union Boss) to disrupt supply chain
  • Crony Louis DeJoy slowing down the Post Office again during the election process. My mother saw first hand what happened when her mail-in ballot from Polk County Florida showed up in NH a day after the election. She requested it the first day she was eligible.
  • GA ballot hand counting decision.
  • Money laundering/bribes for a $100,000 watch that has an estimated value of $700
  • Probably doesn't need to be mention because it's considered normal now... The constant lying and disinformation being spewed by Trump and team.
I’m ok, mood-wise. It makes sense that Harris should win. Trump is old news, she’s something new. He’ll only win if enough state election boards pull enough bullshit and guardrails don’t hold. I’m just not buying it’s as close as the polls (and media, happily so we keep clicking) would have us believe. I think enough women and young people will show up.

FWIW, Bill Maher turned a corner a few weeks ago and strongly believes Trump will lose. I’m aware he has limited respect from members here (and I have a few issues with him) but I feel like he’s been right about Trump a lot over the years and he typically defaults to pessimism.

They’re telling us “we win or there will be issues”. This is a game, and it’s only fooling very stupid people. Which, there are a lot of, sadly.
I do believe there are stupid people and I believe there are gullible people, I flip-flop which is the majority. Some days I feel it's just a bunch of people that got feed one too many lies, and then I see something like the Menendez HBO documentary where the tiktok movement trying to get a new trial.

Kamala Harris will be campaigning in person with Liz Cheney today in Wisconsin.

I’m surprised that clip of Vance saying Trump won 2020 didn’t hit the news today, He’s such a sleaze, I hope he’s not a presence for the next 30 years. The nerve it takes to tell these monumental lies to millions of Americans, and the overt racism pisses me off.

Also, it’s very irksome to constantly hear Trump refer to Harris as incompetent and stupid while he is by far the most mentally incompetent figure to ever hold the office, and it’s not even close. Now that I think about it, Harris probably dominated Trump in that debate more than anyone in history. When people look at the Biden debate in proper perspective over time, it will be seen as Biden simply fading, not Trump “winning”.

But back to Vance, he was very polished and well-prepared, but the phoniness of it all, and the fact people support him and stand the act, ugh..

You would think they would want someone who was pro-Trump all along. Just like Trump, they start being bigots and suddenly you’re a GOP darling.

You would think they would want someone who was pro-Trump all along.

The Party has all their eggs in the Agent Orange bag, and he most certainly wanted a pure psychophant, but he is way not literate enough to pore over the dossiers and make a reasoned selection. His aides pushed him over to Couchboy as guided by the backers (e.g., Couchboy's sweet buddy Thiel). Agent Orange believes he has a loyal high-ranking following in the Party when in reality they are using him to try to gain power. The leading Republiopaths want Couchboy, they want him behind the Resolute, and Agent Orange is nothing more than a useful pawn to get him there. D'ohnald is just too ignorant and self-absorbed to even imagine that the intend on slapping him with 25A the first chance they get.

Judge Barrett (appointed in 2019): "You are as defiant as a defendant this court has ever seen."

Yikes! :oops: Not what you want to hear before your sentencing, and since it was a state case you are exempt from a Presidential pardon.
totally brainwashed and she got nothing out of it but the praise from an orange idiot. well she sure is not getting a magnetic bed like she says she needs.

Back