USA Election 2024

Kamala yesterday: DeSantis is “playing political games” with Hurricane Milton.

Biden today: DeSantis “has been cooperative” and “is doing a great job”.

I swear he is trying to sabotage her.

If so I don't think it's deliberate as much as confusion. In either case I hope they all stay safe and GTF out of there, this thing sounds extremely dangerous for everyone.

2 things can be true at the same time.
This could definitely be the case.

What about Trump saying and doing the same? Speaking about the job Harris is doing while others are telling him to shut up and that the admin has been helpful? Are the republican governors trying sabotage Trump?

Herdfan's old home state is up to hijinx. The House is considering a resolution regarding election fraud.

… Resolved by the Legislature of West Virginia:
That, the sovereign State of West Virginia declares it will not recognize an election for President if such election is enabled by illegal or fraudulent acts; and be it
Further Resolved, That, the State of West Virginia will not recognize any election of the Democrat candidate for President during the 2024 election cycle if the Republican presidential or vice-presidential candidate is assassinated, seriously injured during an assassination attempt, incarcerated, de facto eliminated or barred from the ballot in any states, or is the subject of legal actions that preclude their effective campaigning

Gee, I wonder to whom that might be referring. Odd and improper that they should make it party-specific.

Further Resolved, That, the State of West Virginia will not recognize an election of a candidate for President during the 2024 election cycle if the Attorney General of West Virginia or the Secretary of State of West Virginia, in consultation with the West Virginia Legislature, determine that election fraud in any state was a major reason that resulted in a candidate for President obtaining a majority in the Electoral College. …

Ah, so the AGWV will be tasked with investigating voter fraud in other states. That part is worded in a way that would, theoetically, disqualify ShitGibbon if there was R vote fraud (which seems to be where all of it is anyway.

Trump is having a meltdown on Truth Social.

IMG_0611.jpeg

IMG_0612.jpeg

It's just a resolution and has ZERO force of law.

While I am very much aware of the difference between an act and a resolution, it is specious to say that it has zero effect. Bear in mind that, in most states and in Congress, a resolution is passed to propose/ratify a constiutional amendment. This forms a directive which the AG is expected to carry out. It is sort of a small thing, and WV is a pretty small state, but this would not be nothing, if passed.

How soon will Trump say something like “If I’m elected, I won’t let Google be broken up!”

Which worries the paranoid side of my brain a bit.

JD Vance did his best Trump fluffing yesterday, calling Bob Woodward a hack and saying there’s nothing wrong with Trump speaking privately to Putin. “What’s wrong with diplomacy?”, he asks.

I wonder what Trump’s real intent with those documents was.
Woodward has always had a great reputation, it won't mean anything to MAGA people but he's well respected in the rest of the world.

So Trump went full Nazi and decided people from certain countries have bad genes. I expect FL and OK to make eugenics part of the grade school curriculum.

Speaking of OK and Nazism, giving a tip of the hat to Hitler and profiteering off Mien Kempf by state mandate, the school board announced it needs 55k Bibles to be accessible to school students with the prerequisite that the Bibles must include the constitution and bill of rights. Gee, I wonder who provides such a specific version.

Back