USA Election 2024

Passed that point long ago. His supporters are unethical people period. There're no more excuses to be made.
The problem is that I work close with some folks who are die hard followers. At first I have been respectful of their choice and as long as we stayed away from any political conversation, which is difficult with any conversation with these folks, then I still viewed them as misguided. Now I just cannot... I want to shake them (which would get me fired) and scream WTaF???

Ahh, so nothing else to add on the black vote then? That's what I thought. Congrats on MI though.

As far as the Black vote goes, it doesn't matter what I think, or @GermanSuplex thinks. Or even what the polls say. But there are two things that do matter, first, it does seem resources are being spent trying to short it up. So at some point, it was a concern. But the ultimate arbiter will be the Black voters on 11/5 and that will be the final answer.

As far as the Black vote goes, it doesn't matter what I think, or @GermanSuplex thinks. Or even what the polls say. But there are two things that do matter, first, it does seem resources are being spent trying to short it up. So at some point, it was a concern. But the ultimate arbiter will be the Black voters on 11/5 and that will be the final answer.

Nothing to add about Trump doing the geriatric shuffle for 39 minutes with “TRUMP WAS RIGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING” plastered behind him? No thoughts on Trump using the military and national guard on “the enemy within”, whom he defines as “the left” and people like Schiff? Nothing on Vance saying he’s fine making up stories to make a point, and that he doesn’t care what the legal status of immigrants are? Joking about the weight of an attendee who needed to be carried out on a stretcher? No opinion on him constantly calling Harris stupid while he calls Arizonans “Azur-Asians”?

This is the last two or three days, mind you. Want me to go back to 2015?

Nothing on this, no opinion? It may not matter what you or I think, but it does matter that you think. Like I said, I try to get your opinion, but you never respond to these type of questions. It’s like you pretend these things do not exist, and Trump is just a great policy maker who’s a little uncouth. That is the biggest issue I have with Trump voters, and when I try to ask them how they support these kinds of things, it’s nothing. It’s back to “well, immigrants are bringing fentanyl”. Yeah, so do something about it with someone who doesn’t shit himself and threaten to go Hitler on our country.

Ahh, so nothing else to add on the black vote then? That's what I thought. Congrats on MI though.

From Newsweek:

"A new poll reveals Kamala Harris has similar support from Black voters as Joe Biden did in 2020, contradicting previous claims that she was losing their support to Donald Trump.

The poll was conducted by YouGov for CBS News between October 8 and October 11. It found that 87 percent of Black likely voters would vote for Harris and 12 percent would vote for Trump.

YouGov's exit poll from 2020 found exactly the same party breakdown, with 87 percent of Black voters having said they voted for Biden, and 12 percent said they voted for Trump.
"

FWIW... I remember long ago when Newsweek was a highly respected news magazine. I have no opinion today not reading it very often. And know nothing about YouGov.

Nothing to add about Trump doing the geriatric shuffle for 39 minutes with “TRUMP WAS RIGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING” plastered behind him? No thoughts on Trump using the military and national guard on “the enemy within”, whom he defines as “the left” and people like Schiff? Nothing on Vance saying he’s fine making up stories to make a point, and that he doesn’t care what the legal status of immigrants are? Joking about the weight of an attendee who needed to be carried out on a stretcher? No opinion on him constantly calling Harris stupid while he calls Arizonans “Azur-Asians”?

This is the last two or three days, mind you. Want me to go back to 2015?

Nothing on this, no opinion? It may not matter what you or I think, but it does matter that you think. Like I said, I try to get your opinion, but you never respond to these type of questions. It’s like you pretend these things do not exist, and Trump is just a great policy maker who’s a little uncouth. That is the biggest issue I have with Trump voters, and when I try to ask them how they support these kinds of things, it’s nothing. It’s back to “well, immigrants are bringing fentanyl”. Yeah, so do something about it with someone who doesn’t shit himself and threaten to go Hitler on our country.
Herdfan's quick to highlight every Harris campaign miscue, polling showing her behind, policy criticism, ad infinitum. But, aside from saying he'd prefer Trump didn't regain the presidency at one point (IIRC), I haven't seen him say anything about Trump's mental condition, plans for the country, or anything else that has so many of us at DEFCON 1. He claims we (I guess he means the libs and centrists here) aren't interested in what the other side is saying. I don't believe that's true. But when the other side doesn't acknowledge or address our concerns, it's hard to want to pay attention.

Nothing to add about Trump doing the geriatric shuffle for 39 minutes
I mean that was just bizarre, right? It will be interesting to see the narrative over this but I suspect it will be ignored as usual, there really isn't anything he can do to surprise people anymore.

People polarized on the left or right aren’t getting the same news. On the right it’s all bad Harris news. On the left it’s all Trump. On the rare occasion a piece of bad news about their candidate does make it to their eyes or ears it gets quickly drown out by the 100 pieces of bad news about their opponent pretty much killing critical thinking for a lot of people.

Never done asking us to hold his beer in response to Harris saying we’re not going back, Trump now wants to enact the alien enemy act of 1798. :ROFLMAO: Keep moving the goal post on when America was great.

Jimmy Carter came through!!! 😍 👋👋👋

elephantjournal_1729018210_sm.jpg

People polarized on the left or right aren’t getting the same news. On the right it’s all bad Harris news. On the left it’s all Trump. On the rare occasion a piece of bad news about their candidate does make it to their eyes or ears it gets quickly drown out by the 100 pieces of bad news about their opponent pretty much killing critical thinking for a lot of people.
They're successfully swiftboating her, you have to hand it them when it comes to making something out of nothing, it's really their jam. I'm starting to think it won't be nearly as close as they're saying, if this country wants convicted felon, racist, rapist, conman as their president it's their God given right. Gotta love democracy.

It never fails to give us the government we deserve.
I recall feeling the same way with Bush Jr after he won his second term, who knew that bombing a country that had nothing to do with 9/11 was so popular. To be fair they were brown people with oil so either way they had it coming.

They're successfully swiftboating her, you have to hand it them when it comes to making something out of nothing, it's really their jam. I'm starting to think it won't be nearly as close as they're saying, if this country wants convicted felon, racist, rapist, conman as their president it's their God given right. Gotta love democracy.

Harris has an extremely high bar to succeed. Trump's success bar is at the bottom of the Marianas Trench.

All his proposed economic policies point to inflation and higher taxes for most of us. But when that happens expect violence from his base and/or another major war to get kicked off because that's always what fascists do to distract from their failings and idiocy.

Remember the good ol' days where Monkey Business (Gary Hart) and The Scream Heard around the World (Howard Dean), were the the death knell of a campaign? How cultish are the MAGAts that he isn't polling in the low ones? I swear he could do the worse than shoot someone on 5th Avenue and nothing would sway these folks. I am at the point were I am no longer considering any people who vote for him as "misguided".
Both Howard Dean and Al Franken were screwed by the Democrats…

Trump has 5 children from 3 different mothers, all of which he cheated on. That's how Jesus would want it.

Megachurch pastor tells congregation to "vote like Jesus" by supporting Trump​

It was recently discovered at the bottom of the Ten Commandments it says “….unless you want a border wall”. Historians traced it’s near complete removal to an attempt by the criminal Antifacus.

Both Howard Dean and Al Franken were screwed by the Democrats…
To be fair Democrats hold their politicians to a different standard with much higher expectations. Franken took an inappropriate image mocking a women as she slept, he was right to be called on it. Trump literally raped women and they made him a president.

Different party, different standards.

Not sure I'll post too much more, but I did wanted to offer a special thanks to several - really most - of the posters in this thread. While I haven't been actively involved on this site, I have occasionally done an anonymous "drive-by" and read the messages here, and with rare exception, they've been thoughtful, hopeful, and informative. Like many of you, I can't believe we're here, this close to the election, with a complete buffoon, an incompetent moron, a half-wit man-child, actually still in the running. That's it's not a landslide of reason, that the anti-science, anti-women's rights, anti-LGBTQ+ community, MAGA f***wits might actually decide the course of my country.

Oh, and special no thanks to at least one individual who has continued to diminish my faith in humanity.

Back