USA Election 2024

I am sorry, but that is just a bunch of hyperbole. Trump does not have unfettered power.
Every trial is either on hold or about to be dropped, the SCOTUS gave him a free pass cloaked under an ambiguous guideline of what is or isn't official. We've never seen such unfettered power that wasn't an outright third world dictatorship.

Every trial is either on hold or about to be dropped, the SCOTUS gave him a free pass cloaked under an ambiguous guideline of what is or isn't official. We've never seen such unfettered power that wasn't an outright third world dictatorship.

Since my posts are ignored by @Cmaier, perhaps you can ask him if Trump can now assassinate political enemies and have immunity. Curious as to his answer.

His post on the ruling indicated that while there was some ambiguity to it, it wasn't extraordinary and was kind of what everyone thought the law was. I could have misunderstood his post, so if he could clarify it that would be great.

Back to the news ;)

Biden has started talking to advisors about getting out. The WH denies this, which probably means its true.
WH came out with a full throated denial of this claim, news said NYT based it on a single anonymous source. Maybe this will bear out, maybe it won't but what ever happened to the days when the media required more than one vetted source?

Plus the GOP has shown us they would do nothing when he attempted to overthrow the election and now promote all the fake crap he is pumping out. the speaker will do anything to help trump too.

This is pretty intriguing - and would come with an outstanding presidential advisor at no extra charge:

"Michelle Obama ― author, attorney, and wife of former President Barack Obama ― has a double-digit lead over Trump, 50%-39%, according to the Reuters/Ipsos poll. "

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say the nation’s misogynist racists wouldn’t be on board with that. Not even a photo of her holding a Bible upside down on the National Mall would hide who she really is this time.

Well the WH has come out with its strongest language so far that Biden is not dropping out.

I think that is a mistake as it basically guarantees a Trump victory. Especially if he glitches again. Doesn’t even have to be during a nationally televised event. If he has another issue, the press will cover it. And talk about it.

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say the nation’s misogynist racists wouldn’t be on board with that. Not even a photo of her holding a Bible upside down on the National Mall would hide who she really is this time.

I'm OK with them staying with trump. That's expected. At the moment up +11 points in a Reuters/Ipsos poll says quite a bit.

Though she'll likely be sticking to her guns when she said in her book she has no interest in running for Prez. It's nice to dream. :)

Well the WH has come out with its strongest language so far that Biden is not dropping out.

I think that is a mistake as it basically guarantees a Trump victory. Especially if he glitches again. Doesn’t even have to be during a nationally televised event. If he has another issue, the press will cover it. And talk about it.

More irony. Trump could widen his lead if he would just STFU as much as possible, but he’ll continue down the path of campaigning against himself by reminding people why they don’t like him.

Not bashing CA here, but a question.

Is Newsom doing this just in case he has to run?

Prop 47 has been a frequent topic among conservative media and now it looks like Newsom is abandoning a compromise that means that only the CA District Attorney's much more restrictive proposal will be on the ballot.

There may be other reasons he has changed course.

I am sorry, but that is just a bunch of hyperbole. Trump does not have unfettered power.

That depends on whether the Republicans take the house and senate. In the event of that happening, there won't be a thing they'll do to stymie Trump.

That depends on whether the Republicans take the house and senate. In the event of that happening, there won't be a thing they'll do to stymie Trump.
What if it were close enough so neither party could do their best to ruin the other and they instead worked together for the American people?

I'll duck for cover now.

Not bashing CA here, but a question.

Is Newsom doing this just in case he has to run?

Prop 47 has been a frequent topic among conservative media and now it looks like Newsom is abandoning a compromise that means that only the CA District Attorney's much more restrictive proposal will be on the ballot.

There may be other reasons he has changed course.

I’d say it was a failed experiment along with Portland’s (or was if all of OR?) drug policy experiment.

As far as “just doing it to get votes” mentality. Isn’t that what politicians are supposed to do? I’d say that’s probably one of the top defenses of democracy. When you are guaranteed votes strictly based on party then they don’t have to do jack shit for you. Just ask Alabama.

Regardless of candidates, the election is still months away. I'll never understand how we can't simply get an election done in 30 days or less, this whole thing where it lasts nearly a year is beyond ridiculous.

Back