USA Election 2024

Jamie Raskin gets it.

Now there’s a guy I could get behind as a candidate. I’d vote for Raskin in a heartbeat.
Which will also be a huge advantage not just in the upcoming election, but in the 2028 and 2032 elections as well.
If Trump wins in 2024, there will be no elections in 2028 and 2032, or ever. Totalitarian states do not hold free and fair elections.

A convention worthy of the Gaslighting Old Party.

Reshuffling the deck for the Dems is looking inescapable, but shuffling the deck at this point is truly a Hail Mary.
How it is done will make or break this.
If Biden can spin it as his ultimate sacrifice to further his ultimate goal = saving us from T2, it could work, if we are lucky.
If it looks like he is being pushed out, it's dead in the water.

I’d vote for Raskin in a heartbeat.
Me too - but I don't know if that would work. It's legally complex to transfer things, including campaign funds, at this point - unless Harris is the recipient.
I could live with Harris and Major Pete swooping in to save the day.
Have a look at this clip from (of all places!) Fox News with Buttigieg giving a master class talking to veterans as few days ago:

Last edited:
Me too - but I don't know if that would work. It's legally complicated to transfer things, including campaign funds, at this point - unless Harris is the recipient.
I could live with Harris and Major Pete swooping in the save the day.
Have a look at this clip from (of all places!) Fox News with Buttigieg giving a master class talking to veterans as few days ago:

Raskin is brilliant. He has a better understanding of and can better explain the Constitution than just about any politician I'm aware of. However, I doubt he'd want to take Harris' place at the top of the ticket. I also wonder if his being Jewish and his relatively recent history of lymphoma, now in remission, would work against him.

I agree that Pete Buttigieg is an excellent speaker and has done a superb job calling out Republican BS. That he's been willing to do this on Fox News also says much. But I also wonder if his being gay would negatively affect his candidacy.

Don't get me wrong: being Jewish or gay shouldn't make any difference, but when the stakes are this high, is it worth taking the chance if Biden steps aside this close to the election? In normal times, Raskin and Buttigieg would at least have been able to test the waters in the primary, but not this time.

Thinking way out of the box, I wonder about someone like Adam Kinzinger running for VP with Harris for President. (I continue to think an open convention that pushes Harris aside would do more harm than good.) Kinzinger supports the right to choose, though he's still conservative on other issues. He is supporting Biden, but would have to switch parties, so maybe too many hurdles to jump. But I think a ticket with him or a centrist Democrat could attract Republicans and Independents who are crying out for other options.

Me too - but I don't know if that would work. It's legally complicated to transfer things, including campaign funds, at this point - unless Harris is the recipient.
I could live with Harris and Major Pete swooping in the save the day.

After hearing him interviewed a dozen times by various people (including David Axelrod), I don't think I've ever come across someone who is more intelligent and thoughtful than Buttigieg. That he was a Rhodes Scholar and a naval officer is icing on the cake, and thus I voted for him in the 2020 Primary.

You could not write the Trump story if you tried. The man does have God on his side, if there is one, as nobody this dense should be in his position. It’s so transparent, fake and phony, and his followers can’t get enough.

And also this...

huh-confused.gif

And also this...

huh-confused.gif

But every time one of these stories is written, the WH releases a statement declaring it false.

Last edited:
My take is they won't say it's over until they say it's over, until then I would expect him to be all in. In that sense it's politics as usual.

Back