USA Election 2024

Elon musk himself knowlingly posted a deep fake campaign ad of Harris. This is what we're going to be up against if they don't legislate a way to stop it. This piece of shit has the biggest megaphone money can buy.

hc8trfj6k2fd1.jpeg
That bastard, the FCC should be all over this.🤬 I’d also regulate the removal of funds from any fascist prick billionaire involved in the overthrow of the country.

Last edited:
The racist metrosexual mental midget “tough guy” wannabe Hitler is imploding.

I’m glad there’s momentum behind Harris, but he really needs to be hammered harder over the crap he’s saying on the stump. People ought to be asking where his mind is and why he’s out there telling people “it’ll be fixed” and “you won’t have to vote again”. Constantly. Over and over.

MAGA Republicans have lost their minds after the new Fox News poll showed the latest swing state polls tightening or leaning Kamala's way. The pace at which this has swung her way is mind blowing.

Harris said she’s showing up to the September 10th debate even if Trump doesn’t.

Campaign communications director Michael Tyler said, in a statement first shared with The Hill, that Harris will be at ABC’s Sept. 10 debate — to which Trump and President Biden had both previously agreed — regardless of the former president’s attendance.

“As Vice President Harris said last week, the American people deserve to hear from the two candidates running for the highest office in the land and she will do that at September’s ABC debate,” Tyler said. “If Donald Trump and his team are saying anything other than ‘we’ll see you there,’ — and it appears that they are — it’s a convenient, but expected backtrack from Team Trump. Vice President Harris will be there on September 10th — we’ll see if Trump shows.”

Harris said she’s showing up to the September 10th debate even if Trump doesn’t.

Campaign communications director Michael Tyler said, in a statement first shared with The Hill, that Harris will be at ABC’s Sept. 10 debate — to which Trump and President Biden had both previously agreed — regardless of the former president’s attendance.

“As Vice President Harris said last week, the American people deserve to hear from the two candidates running for the highest office in the land and she will do that at September’s ABC debate,” Tyler said. “If Donald Trump and his team are saying anything other than ‘we’ll see you there,’ — and it appears that they are — it’s a convenient, but expected backtrack from Team Trump. Vice President Harris will be there on September 10th — we’ll see if Trump shows.”

Harris' team should bring a large blow-up trump doll to put behind the republican podium. When asked a question it can choose to answer or not answer it.

I was wondering if ABC will still host it. My guess is Trump will show, especially after the convention and her certification as it takes the wind out of his argument at that point. There's no way he'll give her a free campaign rally viewed by millions like that.

BTW have you noticed that the MSM is now actually covering the weird shit he says? Especially that thing about not having to vote in 4 years which was on ABC tonight. Nice to see him getting treated like a normal politician for a change.

BTW have you noticed that the MSM is now actually covering the weird shit he says? Especially that thing about not having to vote in 4 years which was on ABC tonight. Nice to see him getting treated like a normal politician for a change.
I can’t remember I think it WaPo though insisted on framing it as a “everyone has opinions on what he really meant”. I can’t find the screenshot anymore so I guess take that with a grain of salt.

But yes it’s good that it’s finally getting coverage. Also the news is now publishing stories about how good the economy is with CNN even calling it historic.

Last edited:
Vance has had to spend time, even on Fox News, backpedaling his goofy comments about childless women.

Trump could have said the exact same thing repeatedly and nobody would bat an eye, an ongoing peculiarity of the Rs.

Grab the cat lady by the cat 2024.

Still not enough to my liking, but the addition of Vance has helped accelerate the coverage, which is definitely good.

At this point I blame those using it more then Elon, you know he's a hypocritical MAGA nut and continue to use his site. That's on you.

A social-media account for white male supporters of Kamala Harris was briefly suspended from X, formerly Twitter, sparking anger online.

Newsweek observed that the White Dudes for Harris X account had been temporarily suspended after the group held a star-studded virtual call on Monday night that raised more than $4 million.

White Dudes for Harris on Monday held a Zoom call fundraiser featuring celebrities including actors Jeff Bridges, Mark Ruffalo and Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

MAGA Republicans have lost their minds after the new Fox News poll showed the latest swing state polls tightening or leaning Kamala's way. The pace at which this has swung her way is mind blowing.

Read an article earlier that was a bit concerning. It was interviewing voters in swing states that was largely uninformed voters choosing to be continually uninformed. They knew Biden dropped out and Harris is campaigning but it’s like they knew nothing beyond that despite the constant stream of Harris campaign news over the last several weeks. No comments on any of that. One woman even said she doesn’t believe a woman is up to the task for what’s going on in Ukraine and Gaza. There’s probably a good chance she doesn’t even know what is going on in those regions but believes generically men should be in charge when war things are going on.

Then there are the Trump supporters stuck on tilt with their “Inflation! Economy! Southern border!” who absolutely refuse to entertain the possibility that anything has changed or improved while there is a Democrat in the white house. It’s a fool’s errand telling these people they need to worry about democracy. They’ve made their choice and don’t want democracy which to them just represents a roadblock to getting everything they want. The irony is it's the "Silicon Valley elites" techno facsist billionaires like Musk and Theil who are leading the charge to dismantle democracy in favor of far right autocracy.

So I'm starting to swing into the cautious side on what could happen.

Read an article earlier that was a bit concerning. It was interviewing voters in swing states that was largely uninformed voters choosing to be continually uninformed.
And they’re probably happier! Stole this from Mastodon:

1722350756113.png

They knew Biden dropped out and Harris is campaigning but it’s like they knew nothing beyond that despite the constant stream of Harris campaign news over the last several weeks. No comments on any of that. One woman even said she doesn’t believe a woman is up to the task for what’s going on in Ukraine and Gaza. There’s probably a good chance she doesn’t even know what is going on in those regions but believes generically men should be in charge when war things are going on.

Then there are the Trump supporters stuck on tilt with their “Inflation! Economy! Southern border!” who absolutely refuse to entertain the possibility that anything has changed or improved while there is a Democrat in the white house. It’s a fool’s errand telling these people they need to worry about democracy. They’ve made their choice and don’t want democracy which to them just represents a roadblock to getting everything they want. The irony is it's the "Silicon Valley elites" techno facsist billionaires like Musk and Theil who are leading the charge to dismantle democracy in favor of far right autocracy.

So I'm starting to swing into the cautious side on what could happen.
Even more concerning is this:

Even if Democrats win …

Even if Democrats win …
Rachel Maddow covered this on her show yesterday. She began by highlighting what Trump has been saying about having more than enough votes to win. What he really means is that he thinks the fix is in and he'll be declared winner no matter what. The fake electors plot and other schemes in 2020 were keystone cops-level efforts compared to what the Republicans, who know they can't win in a fair election, have in place this time around. I'm hoping Democrats have detailed plans in the works to counter this, though I worry that any case that works its way up to the SCOTUS will end up with a Trump-friendly ruling.

And they’re probably happier! Stole this from Mastodon:

View attachment 30576

Even if Democrats win …
Yeah, I am seeing this theory more and more on social media. Also Rachel Maddow sounded the alarm over this, that even if there is a clear winner, the SoS in key swing states will not certify the votes.

At this point I blame those using it more then Elon, you know he's a hypocritical MAGA nut and continue to use his site. That's on you.

As somebody who hasn’t been on any major social media site for over a decade this is probably easy for me to say, but I don’t know why informed and knowledgeable people continue to use the service. At the same time I also don’t know why no competitor service has successfully knocked it off its perch. The user experience doesn’t sound that difficult to replicate.

A hundred years from now when history looks back on great human achievements I think its going to find social media billionaires absurd and going even further back we should wonder why the inventors of the phone book didn’t reach comparative levels of wealth and influence by connecting people and business at levels that were previously unheard of.

As somebody who hasn’t been on any major social media site for over a decade this is probably easy for me to say, but I don’t know why informed and knowledgeable people continue to use the service. At the same time I also don’t know why no competitor service has successfully knocked it off its perch. The user experience doesn’t sound that difficult to replicate.
It's because X/Twitter was already so pervasive and has millions of subscribers. Despite its toxicity, companies, politicians, organizations, and others are afraid they'll lose more by leaving than by staying. It's a lot easier for individuals who don't have a brand or constituency to support, as I did, to leave. Although I don't mind having quit Twitter, I haven't found a replacement with a fraction of its scope. Even here, where I think most of us recognize how bad X has become under Musk, there are many posts that link back to X.

It's because X/Twitter was already so pervasive and has millions of subscribers. Despite its toxicity, companies, politicians, organizations, and others are afraid they'll lose more by leaving than by staying. It's a lot easier for individuals who don't have a brand or constituency to support, as I did, to leave. Although I don't mind having quit Twitter, I haven't found a replacement with a fraction of its scope. Even here, where I think most of us recognize how bad X has become under Musk, there are many posts that link back to X.

One would think even those with established accounts would question his credibility. Threads is becoming a viable alternative.

Back