USA Election 2024

I stopped listening to Rogan because it’s clear he doesn’t know wtf he’s talking about. I enjoyed him talking about science and space and philosophical nonsense, and he’s legit funny, but if you take Trump seriously, especially when spreading conspiracies and lies about others, you’ve lost me. I can’t take seriously anyone who takes Trump serious. Just. Can’t. Do. It.

So I don’t.

He also seemed upset that the Trump assassination attempt didn't give him a boost and quickly dropped out of the news and public discussion. I'm not going to do some rambling "I don't condone violence" disclaimer here, but I'll just say there was a good percentage of people being honest with themselves that heard about the attempt and thought "Yeah, I get that one." even if they didn't say it out loud. And going even further into honesty the concern of Trump getting killed is less about that specific act and more about the fallout from it.

Not sure how to take this one, but notice how with this shooting pretty much nothing has been said on the gun debate? Or at least it wasn't front and center like with every other high profile shooting. To me the silence on that from the left kind of says they somewhat sympathize with the attempt. Not saying they condone it. Sympathize with what could drive a person to it.

Or how he’s flipped on several issues over the years, including party affiliation.

Also, maybe someone should have pointed out some people have parents of different nationalities and ethniciites.
This could not have gone worse for him, if he was looking to alienate whatever he had left of the black vote then he nailed it. I agree the person asking the question was pretty rude about it but he has to be able to handle it better than than, he took the bait on that one.

This could not have gone worse for him, if he was looking to alienate whatever he had left of the black vote then he nailed it. I agree the person asking the question was pretty rude about it but he has to be able to handle it better than than, he took the bait on that one.
so it's pathetic he expects everyone to be nice to him when he insults everyone else. maybe be an adult next time.

I honestly didn’t think the opening questions were rude or asked in a rude way. Trump always gets offended when confronted with the truth of his own words and actions. Plus, I wish people were more rude and forceful with him, they should respond equally and push back on his nonsense and defensiveness. All she did was repeat his own statements and ask questions I myself was thinking in a fact-based manner. But then there was no pushback when he got riled up. It’s the same old schtick with him, he either controls the narrative or accuses people of being rude or “fake news” when he’s not given softballs.

And they just move on to the next question instead of hammering him.

Although I don't mind having quit Twitter, I haven't found a replacement with a fraction of its scope.

And I heard the scientists say the other day that when a man votes for a woman, he actually transitions into a woman.
So with the same logic...
A woman voting for a man transforms into a man?

Tucker Carlson made lots of evil and idiotic comments (especially when he was "just asking questions"), but Jesse Watters is just plain dumb.

Today… trump gave a speech before the National Association of Black Journalists where he questioned Harris’ blackness.

Jeeez, what a dumbfuck.
How the Washington Post decided to frame it:

1722499084101.png

1722499134875.png

It wasn’t a dumb racist comment that fell flat in a room full of black reporters, it was a lashing criticism of her racial identity that came at blinding speed!

How did our news media get so bad? Yes there’s a but here and I can’t read the rest … but my god what an opening, title, and framing.

Edit: Managed to read the rest of it, the article isn’t as bad as the opening but still isn’t great. What a disappointment our media is. He’s flinging his loaded diaper around and the news media’s reaction (at least some of them) is: “Masterful strategy! That really puts Harris in a bind!”

Last edited:
Every mixed race person - such as myself - know how stupid Trump sounds.

That said, this isn’t appealing to anyone new and is probably pushing any young or otherwise inexperienced or out of the loop voter away if they come across it.

I still want him to explain why he invited Nick Fuentes to his country club, which he hasn’t answered yet. I’d show the picture of him posing with Trump while reading things Fuentes has said, including about JD Vance and his family. And ask him why he’s never able to outright condemn white supremacists and racist groups. And if he gave the same answer he’s given in the past, which aren’t answers at all but deflection and meandering nonsense, I’d ask him again, until he either says he likes them or “ok, they suck”.

Every mixed race person - such as myself - know how stupid Trump sounds.
I remember when Obama referred to himself as a mutt, it was both self-deprecating and endearing, something only he could really pull of in his own way like that. Trump is the polar opposite and just comes off as racist and hateful.

Yes, its not trump dividing the country its the media.

Since the Trump camp never likes to admit any mistake ever, it’s no surprise that it issued a statement after the NABJ disaster declaring victory over what it called “Liberal Mainstream Media Malpractice.”

The statement, credited to senior adviser Lynne Patton, said that “members of the media need to make a decision, and answer if their goal is to unite the Country or further divide us.”
Although the journalists on stage asked tough questions about Trump’s actual record, Patton accused them of “unhinged and unprofessional commentary directed toward President Trump” and claimed that “many media elites clearly want to see us remain divided.”
The statement, which can be read in its complete form below, ended with Patton predicting that what she called the “biased and rude treatment from certain hostile members of the media” will “backfire massively” and warned that “you would think that the media would have learned something from their repeat episodes of fake outrage ever since President Trump first came down the escalator in 2015, but some just refuse to ‘get it’”

The correct slogan isn't "long live mutts", but "mutts live longer".
Genetic diversity is a huge survival benefit - just think of the monoculture disasters in our agriculture - one pest to wipe out the whole plantation.
Interesting side note: you can measure genetic diversity by counting SNPs (single nucleotide polymorphisms) in the genome.
By that measure, a small Bantu tribe in Africa has a larger genetic repertoire than the rest of the world combined. This is a hint where the original humans began spreading around the world (with each group taking along a more limited selection of the genetic heritage).
Hitler started spinning in his grave when that was documented.

Funny how he has a hard time answering "Is she Indian or Black?". As if being both is a completely foreign idea and couldn't possibly happen in this universe.

Listening to the rest, he can't read a room, answer a question, stick on topic. Nothing new. But it's fun hearing the audience laugh at him. :)
What until he finds out Mr. "877 Cash Now" has children that are both white and Indian. 🫣

The correct slogan isn't "long live mutts", but "mutts live longer".
Genetic diversity is a huge survival benefit - just think of the monoculture disasters in our agriculture - one pest to wipe out the whole plantation.
Interesting side note: you can measure genetic diversity by counting SNPs (single nucleotide polymorphisms) in the genome.

Well, except for the whole bit about diseases that impact non-white groups disproportionately being under researched, which results in worse outcomes for people of color, including mixed children. While there’s the underlying resilience genetic diversity brings to the species, with medical technology, we are able to achieve even more resilience. But we benefit unequally from it, which can change the equation noticeably for different groups.

I don’t disagree with the sentiment, but I just caution that there’s inequity in health outcomes depending on your ancestry today, and we need to address that.

I don’t follow right wing media closely so I could be wring here, but it feels like all their attacks on Harris is the usual racism and misogyny, how the sound of laughter crushes their soul, and something she did or said years or decades ago.

Meanwhile the attacks from the left on Trump or Vance are regularly “Holy shit, look what they said 10 seconds ago….and then 30 seconds after that…”

Roger Stone gets his hands on AI, what could go wrong?

2puenoz1m1gd1.jpeg

Back