USA Election 2024

Just had to rain on my wife's parade. She wants to get a Lotus for POTUS yard sign, with a nice pic of a Lotusflower.

I asked for her estimate of the fraction of our neighborhood that is both aware that Kamala means Lotusflower and what a Lotusflower looks like.

She was not pleased with my input...

I'm so looking forward to ABC's Sept. 4th debate. They said it'll go on even if trump chickens out.

What'll be great is Harris unloading on trump multiple times and in different manners on how he's afraid of debating a strong woman and a coward.

I'm so looking forward to ABC's Sept. 4th debate. They said it'll go on even if trump chickens out.

What'll be great is Harris unloading on trump multiple times and in different manners on how he's afraid of debating a strong woman and a coward.

I think ABC is the 10th. The Fox News debate that Trump made up but Fox will probably be willing to host is September 4.

It’s a lame attempt to get ahead of the ABC debate and change the narrative to Harris being afraid to debate him. He said he’ll see her September 4th “or not at all”.

It looks bad for Fox, it looks bad for Trump. He’s given different reasons to avoid debating her. He wants a rally and a friendly audience where he can get cheers and talk over his opponent. I’m so disappointed Biden blew that debate, if that were Harris, he would not have come out with any momentum.

*The racist and cultish Fox News comment section has some good zingers 😂

IMG_0209.jpeg

Last edited:
I think ABC is the 10th. The Fox News debate that Trump made up but Fox will probably be willing to host is September 4.

It’s a lame attempt to get ahead of the ABC debate and change the narrative to Harris being afraid to debate him. He said he’ll see her September 4th “or not at all”.

It looks bad for Fox, it looks bad for Trump. He’s given different reasons to avoid debating her. He wants a rally and a friendly audience where he can get cheers and talk over his opponent. I’m so disappointed Biden blew that debate, if that were Harris, he would not have come out with any momentum.

*The racist and cultish Fox News comment section has some good zingers 😂

View attachment 30664

Damn... you're right. My mistake. :(

Would be nice if ABC could move their's up before the 4th. But then trump would whine about it changing.

Some we expect like Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger but also several others are joining the call.

Other former GOP Congress members who endorsed Harris include:
  • Rod Chandler of Washington
  • Tom Coleman of Missouri
  • Dave Emery of Maine
  • Wayne Gilchrest of Maryland
  • Jim Greenwood of Pennslyvania
  • John LeBoutillier of New York
  • Susan Molinari of New York
  • Jack Quinn of New York
  • Denver Riggleman of Virginia
  • Claudine Schneider of Rhode Island
  • Christopher Shays of Connecticut
  • Peter Smith of Vermont
  • Alan Steelman of Texas
  • David Trott of Michigan
  • Joe Walsh of Illinois

Sounds like a completely normal guy who can make critical decisions.

I always wrestle with what to do with roadkill carcass, so having someone who can make a decision at the flick of a dead worm’s tail is of utmost importance.
The convenient thing about roadkill is that if you follow the guidance in the classic Manifold Destiny, you can cook said roadkill on the way to your destination.

Some we expect like Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger but also several others are joining the call.

That’s great, but there should be an equal number of sitting GOP members doing the same.

As we saw with the Mayorkas impeachment, even the “moderate” ones are willing to fall in line. I hope moderate republicans who didn’t speak up are shitcanned by voters.

That’s great, but there should be an equal number of sitting GOP members doing the same.

As we saw with the Mayorkas impeachment, even the “moderate” ones are willing to fall in line. I hope moderate republicans who didn’t speak up are shitcanned by voters.
they can't they have to toe the line or Trump will call them names. keep them from being elected.

I think I can confidently say that I am not a big fan of being in a swing state.

Back in WV we would occasionally get ads meant for Ohio or Kentucky, but still not that many. Out here in AZ they run back to back to back to.....well you get the idea. Most shows I watch are recorded, but sports are not. Going to be a long early football season. :(

I am not much of a TV watcher anymore. Football started to bore me, watching three hours worth of an 11 minute game. If I do watch TV, the remote has this button, "mute", which I sometimes use for programming as well as ads, and if the TV is on, there is a good chance that I am mostly paying attention to my iPad.

What really, bugs me, every election season, is the signs, signs, everwhere a sign. Just some stick and a placard with some name on it. I can understand one on your front lawn, it tells me that you support so-and-so. But along the sidewalk, on the highway median, any damn place, they stick their sign there. It does not mean anything, it is just a name, that says "Hey, look at me, I can get signs printed up and litter the landscape with them!" All it really does is create more visual clutter for us to ignore, as if the world did not have enough of that already.

Back