USA Election 2024

Tim Walz was born for this.

He’s got a genuine family too, unlike the cross-eyed handshake business setup of the Trump “family”.

Oprah was great as well.

I’m trying to be objective when I say Vance was really not a good choice.
I am sure the Right will be making fun of Gus crying. Even after they made such a stink about Barron being off limits.

Oprah's speech really stuck me, I loved it. I didn't get to see Bill Clinton's speech so I cannot judge it, but I heard it was great as well. My order of the top three speeches last night were,

1. Oprah. "Decency and Respect are on the ballot in 2024."
2. Tim Walz
3. Pete Buttigieg

Also, I have to agree with Lawrence O'Donnell, that if they don't get Kamala at the podium tonight before 11:00 PM Eastern, the Dems will not have executed this perfectly. I am not complaining that they are stressing out my sleep schedule (they are), but they are missing a news cycle with sound bytes.

I am sure the Right will be making fun of Gus crying. Even after they made such a stink about Barron being off limits.

Oprah's speech really stuck me, I loved it. I didn't get to see Bill Clinton's speech so I cannot judge it, but I heard it was great as well. My order of the top three speeches last night were,

1. Oprah. "Decency and Respect are on the ballot in 2024."
2. Tim Walz
3. Pete Buttigieg

Also, I have to agree with Lawrence O'Donnell, that if they don't get Kamala at the podium tonight before 11:00 PM Eastern, the Dems will not have executed this perfectly. I am not complaining that they are stressing out my sleep schedule (they are), but they are missing a news cycle with sound bytes.
I watched almost all the major speeches. Pete Buttigieg is/was so good — he exudes intelligence, calmness, and common sense. I hope he runs for the top spot someday.

Clinton's speech was OK, but he went on far too long — Hillary's was better. It was also great to see former Georgia Lieutenant Governor Duncan speaking to Republicans and Independents, saying if they vote for Harris, they're not Democrats, they're patriots.

Other than Harris, I don't know who's on the roster for tonight, but it would be quite an achievement if they got Pence to support Harris, or maybe Taylor Swift to introduce her. Not that I expect either to happen, but that would be quite a coup in the other sense of the word.

And, yes, I completely agree about timing. Of all the MSNBC commentators, I think O'Donnell is the most politically savvy when it comes to things like this.

The hits just keep coming.

Vance was speaking in Kenosha, Wisconsin on Tuesday morning when a reporter asked how he is preparing to debate Governor Tim Walz on October 1. “Well, I found a good friend from back home who embellishes and lies a lot, I’m having him stand in for Tim Walz,” Vance responded.

Yeah? A friend? Who embellishes and lies a lot? Gee, I wonder who that could be.

A pro-gun candidate protecting himself from bullets while addressing pro-gun voters.

epozl98bp8kd1.jpeg

He should get used to talking to people behind a pane of glass.

Also, JD Vance is bowl of boring, self-destructing garbage. And he lies a lot as well.

The projection from these grifting MF’rs is something else. Totally unbearable.

Trump is low-energy, something he loves calling others, and we will see how he stacks up against Harris in a live debate. As was easily predicted, Trump is going to give a softball “town hall” with totally unbiased Sean Hannity in place of the Fox debate Trump suggested. Merely a way to get some free press and say “Harris was scared”, which is kind of pointless since they’ll be on stage together a week later. I hope Trump has an opponent who will call his bluff.

Remember, Harris delivered the most memorable line from the dem primary debates in 2020 when she hit Biden on his support for bussing students. She also shut down a group of hecklers recently. We can debate about whether it was smart or not (I’m in the affirmative), but I just hope she doesn’t let him slide. The man is a replay of lies and the greatest hits, and at times can’t event acknowledge a question, let alone answer it.

I hope she brings up Trump and others called her a DEI hire when he doesn’t even know what that means. I hope she points out his family are from immigrants, and some of the people he demeans for their ethnicity have families that have been here longer than his. And I hope she takes him to task on his mental infirmity and truly low-IQ.

Also, JD Vance is bowl of boring, self-destructing garbage.

He is a car crash in slow motion, and as you see the shards of glass in the air, the people moving toward obvious injury/death and the groaning of metal as it is getting twisted into unrecognizable shapes, you just beg for it to be over already.

Trump is low-energy, something he loves calling others, and we will see how he stacks up against Harris in a live debate. As was easily predicted, Trump is going to give a softball “town hall” with totally unbiased Sean Hannity in place of the Fox debate Trump suggested. Merely a way to get some free press and say “Harris was scared”, which is kind of pointless since they’ll be on stage together a week later. I hope Trump has an opponent who will call his bluff.
Hannity has never been adept at keeping Trump on topic. I assume it’ll quickly turn into a Biden / Harris / Walz bashfest which will not help him.

Walz isn't playing.

ccisbg65x8kd1.jpeg

Ann Coulter is as predictable as she is irrelevant.

Trump sometimes doesn't even refer to his youngest son as his son, but "Melania's son".

The weird motto is sticking for a reason, and its not because people are eccentric - "good weird", if you will - but because of garbage like this.

But, she is serving one purpose - proving that at least some of JD Vance's attacks do apply to some people.

She's since deleted her tweet - certainly not out of remorse, I'm sure.

Back