Apple’s Sept. 7 Event

Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
On Wednesday morning Apple is rumored to be announcing the new iPhone 14 and 14 Pro, various new Apple Watches including a “Pro” version, and AirPods Pro 2. Tune in, and see y’all here for the play-by-play on Wednesday.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
On Wednesday morning Apple is rumored to be announcing the new iPhone 14 and 14 Pro, various new Apple Watches including a “Pro” version, and AirPods Pro 2. Tune in, and see y’all here for the play-by-play on Wednesday.

Can't wait.

Wife wants a Mini, so hopefully they either update it or discount it.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I want an Apple Watch that I don’t have to put on the charger after a simple one hour swim.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
i’ll definitely be buying an iphone 14 (small version) to replace my wife’s iPhone X (which was mine, then my kid’s, now my wife’s, and the battery doesn’t make it more than a few hours).

Maybe an iPhone 14 pro max for me, though it will have to have something pretty compelling to convince me to upgrade from my iPhone 13 Pro Max. (Camera might do it for me). Apple Watch pro maybe - i have an Apple Watch Series 4, and it works fine. Always on and better battery life would be nice, but, honestly, i don’t use the watch for much other than alerts and viewing information.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I also have a Series 4 Watch, but the battery still has decent capacity so I'll probably pass on upgrading this year. Maybe next year.

iPhone...Right now I have a 12 Pro and the battery's still decent. If I knew the upcoming 14 Pro/Max solved the lens flare issue, AND, if reviews are decent on the cameras, I might upgrade.

What I'm really hoping for is a reveal about Apple's upcoming AR product(s). I'm guessing they will be available within a year and will likely be glasses similar to what Stanford revealed at last month's SIGGRAPH conference. Knowing that Apple has been collaborating with Stanford's AR/VR lab for more than six years, I suspect Apple's glasses will be similar and pair with a user's iPhone for AR processing via UWB for the video/data links, allowing a much smaller glasses battery. Perhaps some Apple AR apps will be revealed now, and available when their device is released.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Series 3 Watch here, hoping to upgrade. Fingers crossed!

Can’t really see me upgrading my iPhone (13 Pro Max) no matter what (upgraded from 8 Plus last year), but I hope the fourteens are really nice anyway as a friend of mine is seriously considering a switch from Android.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
I have a Series 4 Watch and it still works fine. But I’m curious about the Pro version. If it doesn’t wow me then I’ll just keep the 4 another year.

fischersd

Meh
Reaction score
I picked up an SE when my S3 had an unfortunate meeting with the patio poolside in Thailand. Haven't seen anything exciting about S8, so I'll wait. Likely get 2-3 years out of the SE before I need to upgrade again (and, I think, if the rumours are true about the S8 Pro not being compatible with the existing watch bands, that the writing is on the wall that Apple will do so next revision for all of the watch family).

Still waiting for a Mac Mini with an HDMI 2.1 port (so I can recreate my HTPC setup I had back in Onterrible). Refuse to not be able to use the 120Hz refresh my 4k TV supports.

And make it black, dammit!!!

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Macs are not announced in September. You will have to wait until October 25th for the M2Pro Mini.

iPhone Mini.

Same general size as an SE, but without the button.

So either it will get updated, or there will be a fire sale on it. It's $599 now, so hopefully it may come down to $399.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure they mean the iPhone Mini.

It’s been rumored that Apple might toss that model in the bin, so it’s not guaranteed to be updated.

Pretty sure there will be no mini. The voices who want mini are loud. But there are too few of them.

Looks like the Apple Watch pro will have an extra button on the left side, and the crown and right-side button will be recessed into a protruding bar.

fischersd

Meh
Reaction score
Pretty sure there will be no mini. The voices who want mini are loud. But there are too few of them.

Looks like the Apple Watch pro will have an extra button on the left side, and the crown and right-side button will be recessed into a protruding bar.

Wow, that's fugly! If Apple actually did that to the "pro" watch, I think that may bite them in the ass.

Yes, I'm one of those loud voices - love my 13 mini.
@Nycturne - Yoused was obviously talking about the Mac Mini - they're not putting an M2 chip into an iPhone. :)

Colstan

Site Champ
Reaction score
I know this may sound like heresy around these parts, but I'm not an Apple user, per se, but a Mac user. I don't use any Apple products other than their desktop computers, and if for some reason they stopped making them, then I wouldn't use any of their products. That's why I was unaware that, when Apple announced "Background Sounds" for macOS Ventura, it was a feature already included in iOS. Apple certainly makes great products all around, but I focus most of my efforts on desktop computing, so I'm the target market for the Mac. Assuming my bizarre saga to purchase a 2019 Mac Pro pans out, then I won't be getting a new Mac until the M6 or M7 is released, as difficult as that is for me to fathom. Still, I'll be watching, because I never know when Apple will successfully tempt me with something new and interesting.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I know this may sound like heresy around these parts, but I'm not an Apple user, per se, but a Mac user.

Love my Mac's for sure.

But the wife and daughter are locked into iOS, so I am stuck. If it were just me, I would be using an Android in a heartbeat. In fact, my tablet is a Samsung.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score

Wow, I don't know if I like that at all. It looks so odd. The flat screen is so contrasting to the rounded case. And that sidebar looks like it was added on as an afterthought. Damn, I thought I would probably get it but now I might just go for the standard S8.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Wow, I don't know if I like that at all. It looks so odd. The flat screen is so contrasting to the rounded case. And that sidebar looks like it was added on as an afterthought. Damn, I thought I would probably get it but now I might just go for the standard S8.
A lot of the time the actual products look a lot better than the CAD drawings. I’m keeping an open mind until we see the actual product.

i agree the profile looks really odd in the CAD drawings, though.

Top Bottom
1 2