Musk offers to buy Twitter

An “everything app” under a company named X sounds like a bad YA novel science fiction villain corporation.

Everything old is new again. X.com being a payment platform that merged with another company to become what we now know as PayPal.

Musk seems to smell an opportunity to retread his own past here, and not be the one ousted from the company during a power struggle this time.

Someone's got their panties in a bunch over NPR...

fYCAbvf.jpg

If he really wanted to screw them he should buy it up for billions more than it's worth and then run it into the ground.
Thankfully he can’t be elected to the presidency without a constitutional amendment. Because he’d run otherwise. And he wouldn’t be interested in any other position.

Apparently, Musk purchased 10,000 GPUs for an AI project at Twitter. I wonder if he paid for them...

Also Jim Jordan tries to shield Twitter from an FTC investigation (just like he tries to interfere with the Trump investigations). Who would have thought he would exploit his position? (Yes, that was a rhetoric question.)

It’s interesting that I’ve read from multiple people at multiple levels that Twitter drives shockingly little traffic to news and even blog sites. It is often thought to be the opposite but apparently not. My guess is often people simply the read the associated tweets summarizing the article and never click or even just the headline blurb? Leaving could still result in a drop of reach in that case though the importance of that is debatable and I can definitely argue better that than staying and trying to navigate these fucking waters for these organizations given Musk’s erratic behavior never mind his other proclivities.

It’s interesting that I’ve read from multiple people at multiple levels that Twitter drives shockingly little traffic to news and even blog sites.

Maybe not all that surprising, as most news sites these days seem to present half their copy in the form of reposted tweets anyway. Why bother clicking a recursive link?

It's also worth noting that Musk applied the label 'state-affiliated media' to their account without asking and forced it on them. He's a fascist pig in every way.

Again, i don’t understand why anyone is still using twitter. What‘s to stop Musk from adding a label to your account? Maybe something he thinks is hilarious, like a reference to boobs.

Again, i don’t understand why anyone is still using twitter. What‘s to stop Musk from adding a label to your account? Maybe something he thinks is hilarious, like a reference to boobs.
What's worse is that every company out there is watching him, let's hope this starts a movement.

Again, i don’t understand why anyone is still using twitter.
This. It’s like nobody will leave the dinner table and the house is on fire. Still haven’t convinced my wife to leave, not that I try hard. It just seems like the obvious move to me.

Again, i don’t understand why anyone is still using twitter.
Given that Elno seems to be trying to parler it, there is most likely a certain type that are keen to use it. Not anyone we would care to hang out with.

Back