Musk offers to buy Twitter

Fujifilm also uses X (not sure about copyright type of stuff.

Apparently I don't know how to embed tweets (Xes?).
Musk turned off tweets for those not logged in and limited them for regular (non-paying) members so when embedded they didn't work for most people, I turned off the feature as a result. Also, for Reddit all you have to do is post the full URL without modification and it should automatically embed.

Apparently this is true.

v55bwdxd73eb1.jpg

The photo
Greenshot 2023-07-25 08.24.34.png

Yes, this is all over the local news down here. He has never cared about local permits, just does whatever the F he wants. The city and local police were scrambling to deal with traffic and understand who ordered what with zero coordination in the city. The level of arrogance this entitled asshole has is beyond belief, everyone here hates him.

Heard on the news today while they were talking to an actual doctor about Lebron's son having a heart attack "Elon Musk said it was because of the vaccine, can you speak to that?". To where the doctor sighed and explained about the efficacy and studies relating to this with some athletes long before COVID.

I swear, we can't get rid of this ignorant MF. The media plays a role here, shame on them.

Imagine if some rich asshole bought McDonald’s for no other reason than they could - or maybe they preferred Pepsi or didn’t like clowns - and got rid of the Golden Arches and changed the name to something stupid, like “Aunt Myrtle’s”, but did the rollout stupidly so the result was a mix of both the old and the new.

Well, imagine no more, that’s what we’ve gotten. Some overrated asshole whose ego is such that buying and flushing an iconic brand is a hobby. Couldn’t he have put that money to better use, even if it was for a selfish reason?

So far, the only changes I’ve seen him enact are allowing more hate speech. They still censor all sorts of political stuff from all spectrums of opinions, and Musk seems personally involved in exempting himself from the same types of attacks he allows on others. Say the wrong thing about him and you’ll be banned, anyone else is fair game.

I’m not surprised there’s a big crossover of Trump and Musk fans, they’re both bullshit artists. That’s their real talent.. it’s not real estate or technology, but the packaging and selling of bullshit. And there are many more buyers in this country than I ever imagined.

If the company thrives, Musk can say it was his brilliance. And if it fails, he can just say he wanted to kill Twitter, so mission accomplished. Meh, who cares. Someone else will fill the void.

IMO just because he's a gazzilionaire doesn't mean he deserves to have his privacy invaded like this. It's like the paparazzi developed an algorithm and are using it to extort celebrities. If I were Elon I would see what sort of legal avenues there are here and litigate this guy into the poorhouse.

I agree with you in principle. And I don’t like eye for an eye mentality. But Musk was on Twitter promoting conspiracies about Paul Pelosi after he was attacked with a hammer by a home intruder. He’s certainly worried about his own safety, yet he buys a social company and the only real change he’s enacted is to allow hate speech to flourish on the platform.

His vigilante, pro free-speech, anti-hero act seems to stop the moment he himself is personally affected. So I agree in principle, but I also see this as the other side of the free-speech coin… If you think calling someone the n-word on a public social media platform is “something I wouldn’t do, but should be allowed and not censored”, then I also think using publicly-obtainable info to post things like this falls into the same realm.

I prefer neither take place, Musk seems to think one is ok but not the other.

Last edited:
one more song forever ruined for me

(or, at least, ruined for the near term)

Twitter, I mean X, basically stole the @X handle from a user who created that account in March 2007:

I cannot wait for the day when Elon Musk hopfully is an eX-billionaire and I don't have to hear any more news stories about him...

Twitter, I mean X, basically stole the @X handle from a user who created that account in March 2007:

I cannot wait for the day when Elon Musk hopfully is an eX-billionaire and I don't have to hear any more news stories about him...
I’m less concerned about what he’s done to the company formerly known as Twitter than his continued roles at SpaceX and Tesla.

Here is his new unsanctioned sign blasting the neighboring residential building, apparently they wouldn't allow inspectors up there either after continuing to refuse to pay his lease. Locally people are pretty irate, my guess is someone will start shooting at it eventually.

Another shot from someone in one of the apartments. Unbelievable.

Last edited:
What I don't understand is why individuals and organizations who recognize Twitter X for what it's become are still there, part from protest, reporting, or research.

What I don't understand is why individuals and organizations who recognize Twitter X for what it's become are still there, part from protest, reporting, or research.
It's been a staple for so many large companies/personalities for so long that I'm guessing leaving them would be costly. They had no idea it would be taken over by a maniacal madman.

It's been a staple for so many large companies/personalities for so long that I'm guessing leaving them would be costly. They had no idea it would be taken over by a maniacal madman.
Yes, but the audience they used to reach is decreasing. And the negatives of staying there and being associated with Musk and his ilk will push people and companies to leave.

Back