Musk offers to buy Twitter

Everything is going well

1678129543928.png

Basically can’t post images to Twitter. But don’t worry, Musk is on it!

1678129400291-png.22194

Edit: sorry accidental double post

“A small API change had massive ramifications…”

That is a lesson that I learned on the TRS-80 Model I in 1977 when I typed GO TO with a space accidentally and the program stopped working. “Small” errors can have catastrophic effects.

He seems to have done everything within his power to cripple it, he had to have known. Maybe it's deliberate sabotage but it's hard to see what he gets out of it.

He seems to have done everything within his power to cripple it, he had to have known. Maybe it's deliberate sabotage but it's hard to see what he gets out of it.
That assumes he knew enough to keep a platform like this working in the first place. I’m not convinced the more I read up on his history.

A Yuuuuge tax write-off.

Earlier this morning, people over on Mastodon were talking about it, so I tried to log in on the web. It wouldn’t even come up.

That assumes he knew enough to keep a platform like this working in the first place. I’m not convinced the more I read up on his history.
I would think that not firing 75% of your engineering team would be a good start, everyone warned him to the point that they were essentially laughing at him. He's his own worst enemy.

Everything is going well

View attachment 22193

Basically can’t post images. As someone else said: It’s good that they test these things before pushing out to production code. But don’t worry Musk is on it!

View attachment 22194
I don't think it's only the code stack that's brittle and needs to be rewritten. Twitter mostly worked well before Musk came upon the scene. He's incompetent, in addition to being an asshole.

This is all kinds of horrible. I’ll post a screenshot of the first part but it gets worse from there, link below:

1678161641320.png

I mean JFC. If you read the whole interaction in the link you’ll see what I mean. What a horrible person.

If Twitter's codebase were as brittle as Musk calls it, I doubt it would have kept running this long:

The last time that someone claimed to have "saved" the company that I worked for they had siphoned off all the reserves we had. But in this case Musk pumped billions into and probably will end up with nothing:

Twitter had its problems but it was a perfectly functional platform before Elon got in there and Musked it all up.

If Twitter's codebase were as brittle as Musk calls it, I doubt it would have kept running this long:

The last time that someone claimed to have "saved" the company that I worked for they had siphoned off all the reserves we had. But in this case Musk pumped billions into and probably will end up with nothing:

Twitter had its problems but it was a perfectly functional platform before Elon got in there and Musked it all up.

If he’s treating his remaining engineers like this:

This is all kinds of horrible. I’ll post a screenshot of the first part but it gets worse from there, link below:

View attachment 22210

I mean JFC. If you read the whole interaction in the link you’ll see what I mean. What a horrible person.

I think it’s a testament to the codebase that it’s lasted this long!

Oh and then there’s this:

1678165178541.png

Oh and then there’s this:

Speaking of the whole PayPal nonsense... Musk apparently had an ugly internal struggle for control after the merger between X.com and Confinity. Partly over the name of all things, which he ultimately lost when he got pushed out. And of course his "vision" for Twitter sounds a lot like X.com bolted onto the side of Twitter.

Oh and let's not forget the power struggle at Tesla where he ousted a founder in a process that ultimately let him take over as CEO. It's no wonder he feels the need for control and being unopposed at Twitter.

This guy is a piece of work. In the context of these previous power struggles, his nonsense at Twitter makes more sense. He's just repeating old patterns dating back over 20 years.

View attachment 22210

Here's the follow up on this with all of his replies, Elon is just a terrible person in general.

It actually gets much worse. Including revealing, and then mocking, the employee's medical condition.

Yup was just about to post this

Halli’s thread on Twitter this morning is a very good read

Too long to do screenshots but here’s the start (link to the whole thing above):

1678207609291.png

In other news, Elon Musk took a dump on mother theresa’s grave.

1678218114305.png

Back