Musk offers to buy Twitter

Not sure, but I think he is in trouble anyway due to the fact he disclosed personal medical information. And although the employee isn't an American, the company operates in the U.S. and I think still is under HIPPA and ADA. As a manager I know for a fact disclosing someone's personal medical information and saying or implying that they are fired for those reasons is a huge problem for Musk now.

Not sure, but I think he is in trouble anyway due to the fact he disclosed personal medical information. And although the employee isn't an American, the company operates in the U.S. and I think still is under HIPPA and ADA. As a manager I know for a fact disclosing someone's personal medical information and saying or implying that they are fired for those reasons is a huge problem for Musk now.
Oh, he’s definitely in trouble. But the purported $100M accelerated payment for the aqui-hire dwarfs whatever the penalty would be for the HIPAA or employment violations.

HIPAA only applies to covered entities as defined under the statute. Most employers don't meet this definition, but they probably could be sued for disclosing personal medical information under specific circumstances.

HIPAA only applies to covered entities as defined under the statute. Most employers don't meet this definition, but they probably could be sued for disclosing personal medical information under specific circumstances.
I am not very savvy with the ins and outs of HIPAA, but I just got slapped down for a grey area on ADA and was advised about a doctors note that contained Employee health data and my possession of it. Due to the employee feeling they had to share with me, to meet employer 3+ days out on sick leave mandate. I was shocked that just by having that in my possession there was potential privacy issues. Rightly so the ADA compliance officer at work, not only advised me to delete it but to also notify the employee that I no longer had it in my possession.

Rules are different I guess if you are a Billionaire CEO, who just outright discloses to the general public the medical conditions of an employee. Seems like two sets of rules to me.

I am not very savvy with the ins and outs of HIPAA, but I just got slapped down for a grey area on ADA and was advised about a doctors note that contained Employee health data and my possession of it. Due to the employee feeling they had to share with me, to meet employer 3+ days out on sick leave mandate. I was shocked that just by having that in my possession there was potential privacy issues. Rightly so the ADA compliance officer at work, not only advised me to delete it but to also notify the employee that I no longer had it in my possession.

Rules are different I guess if you are a Billionaire CEO, who just outright discloses to the general public the medical conditions of an employee. Seems like two sets of rules to me.
There’s also a world of difference between HIPAA and ADA. As a (non-healthcare) employer you don’t need to know anything about HIPAA, but you should be familiar with the ADA.

I am not licensed in Finland, but I would be incredibly surprised if a public admission that you fired a guy because of his disability is not the sort of thing that will end in Musk being ordered to give the guy enough money to buy a new house or three.
Well, Scandanvia+Finland is where you can draw a $100K speeding ticket for 15-over, so I would not be confident about Elno's chances there.

Elon Musk's Twitter Blue is breaking European rules about unfair business practices by failing to show its full cost to consumers right away, EU agency says​

• Elon Musk's Twitter Blue subscription is a flagship project to make the company profitable.
  • But the advertised subscription prices in the European Union don't factor in taxes.
  • An EU consumer protection watchdog told Insider this breached pricing rules in the bloc.

Right, turns out when you fire your entire development and engineering teams you're not going to understand their code.

lc1be8m4cfoa1.jpg

Right, turns out when you fire your entire development and engineering teams you're not going to understand their code.

lc1be8m4cfoa1.jpg
Making the code open source “next week” was also a promise he made a month ago:

1679122259401.jpeg

Maybe this time he’ll follow through but you know, he’s Musk …

Are we still talking about twitter?
I think Twitter is a lost cause - Musk has harmed it irretrievably. What concerns me more is that he remains CEO of SpaceX, which is (pardon the phrase) light years ahead of everyone else in developing rockets to launch space vehicles into Earth orbit and beyond.

I think Twitter is a lost cause - Musk has harmed it irretrievably. What concerns me more is that he remains CEO of SpaceX, which is (pardon the phrase) light years ahead of everyone else in developing rockets to launch space vehicles into Earth orbit and beyond.
They're slated to lose 32 million users by 2024, while Musk is playing a role I'm sure it was going that way anyway which is why he took such a bath on the purchase. Like AOL or MySpace, and now Meta, these platforms all seem to have a finite lifespan.

Btw, in the interest of fairness, I should add that Starlink despite Musk’s antics and the arbitrary restrictions and so on remains the communication backbone of the UA army and according to some military analysts one of the most important pieces of equipment shipped to Ukraine - on par with Himars, artillery, etc …

Back