Musk offers to buy Twitter

I know this is a crass comparison, but I can’t help but feel that the Twitter employees and users upon first hearing Musk’s idea to buy Twitter felt a bit like the Ukrainians watching the Russian forces building on their border and now all involved are watching the fallout and failure from Musk’s “special free speech operation”.

And much like Putin’s false premise for invading Ukraine, this was never about free speech. This is about an attempt to force the elevation of unpopular far right views (which Musk shares) to give the illusion they have equal footing with actual popular views.

He's a billionaire bully with the power to put his tweets at the top of the feed of more than 450 million users. If he wants to fuck you in the worst way possible, he can and will. I hope this person sues him for defamation and lives out the rest of his days in as much comfort as possible.

He's a billionaire bully with the power to put his tweets at the top of the feed of more than 450 million users. If he wants to fuck you in the worst way possible, he can and will. I hope this person sues him for defamation and lives out the rest of his days in as much comfort as possible.
I am not licensed in Finland, but I would be incredibly surprised if a public admission that you fired a guy because of his disability is not the sort of thing that will end in Musk being ordered to give the guy enough money to buy a new house or three.

I am not licensed in Finland, but I would be incredibly surprised if a public admission that you fired a guy because of his disability is not the sort of thing that will end in Musk being ordered to give the guy enough money to buy a new house or three.
How about in Iceland then? 😁

Based on his tweets, I’d say Halli has a sweet exit deal in his contract. It will be expensive enough for Twitter even without the medical disclosure fuckup I reckon.

How about in Iceland then? 😁

Based on his tweets, I’d say Halli has a sweet exit deal in his contract. It will be expensive enough for Twitter even without the medical disclosure fuckup I reckon.

Musk isn’t going to pay anything until a court tells him to.

Not sure how much of this is still there but here's the latest.

08ahdusigema1.jpg

Musk isn’t going to pay anything until a court tells him to.
Getting Twitter to admit in writing that the dude was fired is probably a good step in that direction if my assumption about his contract is correct.

Aparently Twitter broke because there is only one site reliability engineer left and Musk had already fired the whole risk evaluation team:

No risk, no fun, I guess...

Two more coverages of the Haraldur story:

If he really decides to stay at Twitter it's probably because he needs the money, since he doesn't know when he won't be able to work anymore.
It's a really f--ed up situation.

Aparently Twitter broke because there is only one site reliability engineer left and Musk had already fired the whole risk evaluation team:

No risk, no fun, I guess...

Two more coverages of the Haraldur story:

If he really decides to stay at Twitter it's probably because he needs the money, since he doesn't know when he won't be able to work anymore.
It's a really f--ed up situation.
While it might take awhile to extract from Musk’s claws, I’ve read that they’d likely still owe him for all the money remaining from the sale of his company to Twitter. So they’d have to pay him in a lump sum anyway. Add to that that he’d have a good case to go after them legally just for this treatment, him staying would almost certainly be cheaper for Twitter than firing him would be. If true, I actually hope he goes because he’s more likely to get his money now than later if Musk continues to drive the company off more cliffs he creates himself. If the company goes under he may not get anything from the fire sale.

I dunno horrible either way.

Back