Ron DeSantis: What in the ever loving fuck is wrong with him?

But a discussion no one wants to have.......

I suspect that conversation is being had and gamed out at the DNC level, over multiple possibilities and outcomes. Extending respect and decorum for a sitting president, I imagine, is keeping that private. Expect more public discussion as this year comes to a close.

Last year David Gergen made an excellent case for politicians in their eighties to voluntarily pass the torch to the younger generation. For both parties - including McConnell and Pelosi. It was an extremely well-reasoned argument. I have a lot of respect for Gergen.

But as I said above, that's a different discussion and shouldn't muddy the waters when wondering why it is members of one political party embrace criminality, atrocious social behavior, everyday lying, fomenting insurrection/potential coup, etc. for their presidential pick (based on trump's 24 point gop primary polling lead over desantis).

My passed-away parents, from a different generation and solid republicans, would be so disappointed and crying seeing what their country (and the republican party) has become under trump's rule.

Last edited:
DeSantis, despite being known as a diet version of Trump, seems to be having the opposite trajectory of Trump.. Trump started the primaries with a whimper and gained steam throughout. I wonder if this will be a repeat, because DeSantis’ honeymoon lasted about three or four months. He’s been so weak on Trump thus far I don’t see how he magically gets tough just because he announces he’s running. Even Pence has been tougher on Trump, and Pence himself has been incredibly weak against Trump.

They’ve learned nothing, and are allowing Trump to suck all the oxygen out of the room. Hell, I barely even remember other candidates have already announced.

DeSantis, despite being known as a diet version of Trump, seems to be having the opposite trajectory of Trump.. Trump started the primaries with a whimper and gained steam throughout. I wonder if this will be a repeat, because DeSantis’ honeymoon lasted about three or four months. He’s been so weak on Trump thus far I don’t see how he magically gets tough just because he announces he’s running. Even Pence has been tougher on Trump, and Pence himself has been incredibly weak against Trump.

They’ve learned nothing, and are allowing Trump to suck all the oxygen out of the room. Hell, I barely even remember other candidates have already announced.
Anyone campaigning to be the Republican nominee has to kowtow to Trump's base, so they can't afford to attack him too vociferously. This makes these candidates less attractive to moderate Republicans and Independents. They also have to contend with Trump's vitriol, as DeSantis has. I don't see the Republicans moving past this as long as Trump remains on the scene.

Watched Meet the Press yesterday and they showed the opinions of several FLA Republicans and across the board they seem to hate the guy, he refuses to meet with them, discuss their agendas, etc. Sounds like he's just a grade A asshole all around.

Ron DeSantis' Culture War Is Turning Off Republicans​

A number of establishment Republican figures have condemned DeSantis, who is widely expected to confirm he is running for president in the coming weeks, for targeting Disney after the company objected to his so-called "don't say gay" bill—a move which appears to have backfired on the governor.

He has also received some right-wing backlash after he signed a bill that would ban abortions after six weeks, and continued to push through with policies targeting education and the LGBTQ+ community, including the banning of some books in schools.

"He spends way too much time on the culture wars, and that begins with Disney and includes many other things," former Trump White House counselor Kellyanne Conway told Fox Business host Larry Kudlow on April 20. "Woke is important, but you can't have that as a replacement for a bold, growth-centric economic plan."

You know if Trump is taken out by DeSantis (which is looking like a longshot at this point) or Biden in 2024 he'll just run again in 2028, or will say he is going to. Either way, we won't be rid of him until he takes his dirt nap. There's nothing in our constitution keeping him from running again including running the country from prison.

You know if Trump is taken out by DeSantis (which is looking like a longshot at this point) or Biden in 2024 he'll just run again in 2028,

I think at this point DeSantis needs to wait until '28. Trump is going to run either as a Republican or and Independent meaning even if DeSantis gets the nomination, Trump will siphon off the votes he will need.

But in '28, Trump may be past his expiration date.

By the time 2028 comes, Trump will just run again, or announce the constitution allows three terms, and the rest of the Republican Party will go with him. Maybe Ron should wait until 2048, he’ll be young enough, and provide Trump plenty of time to rule from his nursing home in Palm Beach.

These guys cannot quit Trump. You can’t get rid of the king by asking him to leave or just telling him it would be best if he stepped aside. These guys are hoping someone else will push him out of the way, but all they do is give him more room.

I think at this point DeSantis needs to wait until '28. Trump is going to run either as a Republican or and Independent meaning even if DeSantis gets the nomination, Trump will siphon off the votes he will need.

Eric or Don Jr. can then step in. Or maybe both. A two-fer.

Attachments

• 2pklrs.jpg
    2pklrs.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 19

I doubt DeSantis will be any more attractive as a candidate in 2028 than he is now. It's not just that his policies are unpopular nationally — he's a mean-spirited, vindictive jerk who doesn't connect with people, something even Trump was able to do.

I doubt DeSantis will be any more attractive as a candidate in 2028 than he is now. It's not just that his policies are unpopular nationally — he's a mean-spirited, vindictive jerk who doesn't connect with people, something even Trump was able to do.

He's really busy building a case for why people shouldn't vote for him and I don't see him slowing down. Even if he did there's still plenty to point to with his current "points on the board" which is almost entirely done by gerrymandered super majority legislation and boards most people don't bother to vote for. He wouldn't dare put his points up for direct citizen vote. "Will of Floridians" is beyond insulting.

I don't understand why DeSantis is projected to be a viable presidential candidate. He has no charisma or personality. Trump is a sociopath and pathological liar but he can appeal to a crowd, albeit just of his deplorables. No way DeSantis does that.

I don't understand why DeSantis is projected to be a viable presidential candidate. He has no charisma or personality. Trump is a sociopath and pathological liar but he can appeal to a crowd, albeit just of his deplorables. No way DeSantis does that.

I think the belief before he got drunk with power as governor was he’d be less crass and more pragmatic about achieving the Republican agenda, mostly economic. It’s already been proven to do that you need to be a Democrat, but whatever. Instead DeSantis has gone off the rails and become 100% culture wars which solves nothing. This also goes against the praise that he’s a smart guy. Clearly he’s not. But this also isn’t shocking because in our meritocracy smart points are often automatically gifted to those based on schools they went to or businesses and job titles they have/had. Look no further than Musk running Twitter.

I don't understand why DeSantis is projected to be a viable presidential candidate. He has no charisma or personality.

For the way he handled COVID. He kept schools and businesses open, he didn't force mask mandates on people and kept FL open while other states were locked down. The effectiveness or lack thereof notwithstanding, the residents loved him.

For the way he handled COVID. He kept schools and businesses open, he didn't force mask mandates on people and kept FL open while other states were locked down. The effectiveness or lack thereof notwithstanding, the residents loved him.
And as a result is surely directly responsible for hundreds or thousands of deaths, but he sure owned the Libs.

And as a result is surely directly responsible for hundreds or thousands of deaths, but he sure owned the Libs.

It wasn't about owning the libs, it was about keeping the state open for business, schools open for the kids and keeping people employed and small businesses running.

7 - That is the difference between deaths in FL per 100K and NY. 404 to 397. And NY was severely locked down. FL wasn't the best, but neither were some of the really locked down states. NJ and MI were worse than FL.

It wasn't about owning the libs, it was about keeping the state open for business, schools open for the kids and keeping people employed and small businesses running.
The man was telling students on stage with him to remove their masks when it would've hurt nobody to leave them on, it was always about his political appearance, not about prosperity.

REALLY would love to see a Republican who isn't just a total dick bag to everyone around them. Decorum is gone from that party.

Disney filed a lawsuit against DeSantis for retaliation against their free speech. That’s exactly what he did and he’s frequently said as much. He really seems to enjoy a woke kick in his balls.

Back