Ron DeSantis: What in the ever loving fuck is wrong with him?

Let’s see what kind of misguided asshole response Ron has for that one. Maybe build a new prison next to every affordable house.
I was brought up hating the Disney Corp. And I understand they’re still looking out for number one, but right now they suit my interests.

Best description I’ve heard of DeSantis personality – He’s the ex-husband nobody wants to be around. :ROFLMAO:

I don’t know if this passed, but there was at least legislation being proposed that would make it a felony to aid anybody you reasonably think is here illegally. This would include just giving them a ride or letting them crash at your place for the night. As Republicans are pretty slick at naming legislation or saying what it’s supposed to be aimed at while not getting into the dark dirty real targets, this legislation is supposed to be targeting human trafficking. But given that, on a positive note if it passes we can expect DeSantis to turn himself in for the Martha’s Vineyard stunt.

‘Deeply frustrated': Florida legislators worn out by DeSantis​

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’ iron-clad grip on the Republican-controlled Legislature may be slipping amid growing frustration among GOP legislators.

Republican lawmakers are stalling a handful of his key remaining legislative priorities with just weeks left in the annual session. And what started out as whispers in private about unhappiness over the governor are starting to become louder even though Republican lawmakers remain unwilling to speak out publicly against DeSantis because of his power and clout. One House Republican recently told a former legislator he was ready to resign out of frustration over how the session was going.

He's out promoting his book and in effect running for president while his state is experiencing several significant problems. It's reminiscent of Ted Cruz escaping to Cancun while millions of Texans were dealing with power outages. Just more proof that these MAGA Republicans have zero interest in actually using their positions to help their constituents.

I don't think DeSantis is electable without even more cheating than the Republican Party is capable of. And Trump has been massively out flanking him.

Whoa... trump's leading desantis by 24 points in gop primary polling. Sucks to be Ron. It also says something about today's gop.

Clearly it is still cult-driven with members being OK with lies, and supporting an ex-president who fomented an insurrection and potential coup at the US Capitol. And is now a criminal defendant, with two or three other shoes (indictments) likely to drop in the near future.

I just don't get how someone could be on-board with today's gop with all of the above.

Whoa... trump's leading desantis by 24 points in gop primary polling. Sucks to be Ron. It also says something about today's gop.

Clearly it is still cult-driven with members being OK with lies, and supporting an ex-president who fomented an insurrection and potential coup at the US Capitol. And is now a criminal defendant, with two or three other shoes (indictments) likely to drop in the near future.

I just don't get how someone could be on-board with today's gop with all of the above.

This is exactly what we want, Trump is the devil we know and he'll suck the air out any Republican challenger hands down. Also, a Trump/Biden ticket is the matchup we want. Right now we should all be rooting for Trump, look at the damage DeSantis is already causing as just a Governor, imagine that fascist son of a bitch as president.

This is exactly what we want, Trump is the devil we know and he'll suck the air out any Republican challenger hands down. Also, a Trump/Biden ticket is the matchup we want. Right now we should all be rooting for Trump, look at the damage DeSantis is already causing as just a Governor, imagine that fascist son of a bitch as president.

For sure on that! Not worried, other than about Biden's age/health. That's another discussion...

For the moment I'm setting that aside, and am just frankly astonished trump, with all his negative (by normal peoples' standards) baggage, could be leading desantis by 24 points in the gop primary.

Pre-trump (before 2016)...desantis' republican credentials would have been solid.

Today it's trump with his wannabe dictator ambitions, conspiracy theories, a track record of lying as effortlessly as most people breath, mocking people who suffer disabilities, assaulting women (grabbing them by the...), facing at least one and possibly three criminal indictments, fomenting a insurrection with intent to execute a coup, disrespect for the law, trying to set up a secret back-channel to the Kremlin using Russian communications and encryption equipment, and on and on... All apparently are stand-up credentials for today's gop presidential candidate.

For me, the above speaks volumes about today's gop and its members who embrace the above.

Last edited:
Between DeSantis’ never-ending culture wars and the recent “controversy” over who Bud Light has sponsoring their beer, you can see republicans never really had a problem with cancel culture. Long before the internet was a thing, conservative groups were major sources of cancel culture, causing all sorts of headaches for every form of media imaginable, constantly pressuring sponsors to pull their ads and such.

Following the rest of his "points on the board" logic DeSantis will just pass a "Don’t say Trump" bill to fix things, something he’s already imposed on himself personally. It’s as if he’s in a conspiracy with Trump to make Trump look vastly better than himself, but clearly he hasn’t been paying attention or he’d know Trump has no intention of ever paying that bill and instead payment will come in the form of several henchmen going to prison.

It’s being had. Even on the left, but not to the level of full disqualifier that some want it to be.
Trump in only a few years younger and lives on McDonalds and KFC, I would say Biden is in better shape all around. Those who "only" question Biden and never Trump are just being partisan about it.

Both Trump and DeShit represent the poison surging though the nation’s veins.. Sure, I’m worried that Biden could croak tomorrow, but it would be really nice to get a 40-50 year old liberal in there as President.

And although I wish Trump would croak tomorrow I want him to stay around to squash DeShit who if elected to President would be in ways more dangerous to the Nation. Trump is the evil Clown, but DeShit imo should be viewed as the more competent, dangerous Fascist.

A recent poll has Biden ahead of both of them by 3%. Based on a lousy 3%, don’t let anyone tell you the country is in great shape, we, our democracy, our system of governance are in as deep shit as ever. :oops:

Trump in only a few years younger and lives on McDonalds and KFC, I would say Biden is in better shape all around. Those who "only" question Biden and never Trump are just being partisan about it.

I think the bigger issue with the elderly in office is they created the problems, probably benefitted from them historically, and it’s a tall order to expect them to admit it or do anything about It. They’d rather cling to when things worked for them and the people they surround themselves with. Of course there are exceptions.

It also matters who leaders surround themselves with for guidance, except with Trump. Trump only listens to Trump and the best his advisors can do is create a narrative for him on how he will be seen as a genius by doing the opposite of his worst instinct. "How about instead of bombing North Korea you start diplomatic relations. You’ll be seen as a hero for peace!" Which also fed his dictator fetish.

Back