The Republican Agenda 2021 and Forward

It’s funny, if you read the comments on this Fox article, all the comments are avoiding attacking republicans but offering more moderate “Congress shouldn’t be paid until they have a balanced budget”. They aren’t endorsing or condemning anything.. it’s like they know this is bad and looks bad, they know they are to blame, but can’t quite get to the point of fully acting reasonable and telling the clown caucus to stuff itself. Paralyzed by fear of cult blowback.

If a deal is made, Gaetz and crew will accuse McCarthy of working with Dems. McCarthy will be attacked by Trump. And if he doesn’t, and the government shuts down, he will cover his own ass by saying the rebels aided democrats.

This whole thing has jumped the shark, this is where it starts really affecting people directly, with an immediate impact.

this is the republican future. they are both dead ends.
IMG_2567.jpeg

Interesting question, I would just ask who they plan to replace him with and if it's one of the extremists, how do they expect to get said extremist to get confirmed?

f6zdwerzhnrb1.jpg

Interesting question, I would just ask who they plan to replace him with and if it's one of the extremists, how do they expect to get said extremist to get confirmed?

View attachment 26274
Third option is to bail him out for concessions, and then vote him out. Though at that point McCarthy’s weakness is an asset to Democrats.

Maybe get concessions, vote him out, then vote him back in. Punishment for breaking his word on the bipartisan budget bill and the other shenanigans. Send a message, you know? “You’re our bitch now.”

Last edited:
Third option is to bail him out for concessions, and then vote him out. Though at that point McCarthy’s weakness is an asset to Democrats.

Maybe get concessions, vote him out, then vote him back in. Punishment for breaking his work on the bipartisan budget bill and the other shenanigans. Send a message, you know? “You’re our bitch now.”
What I don't get is why no matter who they are, be it Pelosi, McCarthy, et al. is why you'll never here one say "you know what, yeah I'll work with the other side and see what we can accomplish for the betterment of the American people." They have to totally demonize the other side in order to get voted in and then the second they try to meet in the middle somewhere they're eviscerated for it.

He's made his bed here and from the sounds of it was ripping Democrats left and right this weekend so if he's hoping for them to come to his rescue he's going to need a different tack.

According to a report from CNN, an unnamed House Republican said that the caucus wants Gaetz gone — and that they may use the findings from the ongoing Ethics Committee investigation into the Florida congressman to oust him.

From the report:

One Republican lawmaker pointed to the ongoing Ethics Committee investigation into Gaetz, warning if he wasn’t cleared, he could get expelled by those who want him gone.
“We want him out,” the member said.

According to a report from CNN, an unnamed House Republican said that the caucus wants Gaetz gone — and that they may use the findings from the ongoing Ethics Committee investigation into the Florida congressman to oust him.
That would be lovely. Then they can do the same with Insane Female Klown Possee, and the party might be able to start to heal.

When someone in the House right wing says you have no morals :oops:. How does that even work? That's like below zero morals, mathematically. Einstein himself failed to prove this was possible.

1696255513495.png

I wonder if Mike Judge, the creator of Beavis and Butt-Head, could create a new comic series similar to B and B, but using Gaetz, MTG, Boebert, Comer, etc characters, depicting the comedy of US legislators in session?

Would he run afoul of defamation, or does the fact they're public figures/politicians provide some protection?

@Cmaier?

I wonder if Mike Judge, the creator of Beavis and Butt-Head, could create a new comic series similar to B and B, but using Gaetz, MTG, Boebert, Comer, etc characters, depicting the comedy of US legislators in session?

Would he run afoul of defamation, or does the fact they're public figures/politicians provide some protection?

@Cmaier?
Parody of public figures is allowed, there was even such a cartoon from Stephen Colbert - didn’t watch it, don’t know if it is still on, but it existed.

Found it on IMDb:

@Cmaier?

It provides a ton of protection. Parody is highly protected speech, and it is much harder to libel public figures.

@Cmaier?

Yeah, Dale Gribble - excuse me, Rusty Shackleford - wouldn't cut it into today's GOP. Need someone more loony.

Yeah, Dale Gribble - excuse me, Rusty Shackleford - wouldn't cut it into today's GOP. Need someone more loony.

Hmmm... Though she's not into politics, my wife's an artist and could probably create the exaggerated caricatures. It's tempting to try and create something together. Just for fun.

That would be lovely. Then they can do the same with Insane Female Klown Possee, and the party might be able to start to heal.
While they're at it, how about Gosar, whose family wanted him kicked out, and Santos, who should have been expelled long ago? They can all be sent to the Phantom Zone.

While they're at it, how about Gosar, whose family wanted him kicked out, and Santos, who should have been expelled long ago? They can all be sent to the Phantom Zone.

At least they know better than to pull a Fire Alarm. :rolleyes:

They’re more likely to start a fire than pull an alarm.

They'd ask for a pardon for the arsonist and call the person who pulled the alarm "disloyal".

I get it, this congressman should be punished for pulling the alarm. But as per usual, the anger on the right is laughable.

Back