The Republican Agenda 2021 and Forward

Some Chaffetz dude went on F[redacted] "News" to complain that his Thanksgiving turkey cost Ninety Dollars! Because, Biden.

Amusingly enough, an astute observer discovered that, in 2020 (when Biden was not president) the same turkey would have cost $154.95

Well nimrod, you should have bought a Butterball instead of a Trump Turkey. I’m sure Trump claimed Trump Tower was a homeless shelter to get a free shipment of Turkeys he can sell for 600% of the retail value. Buy low, sell high!

These Fox personalities (if you can call them that) are so out of touch they didn’t stop to think maybe a few republicans celebrated Thanksgiving and bought turkeys? Pretty sure the average American paid under $30 for a Turkey, maybe under $25 or even $20.

Then again, maybe the average Fox viewer just thinks Jesus Trump blessed their local Wal-Mart with cheap turkey while every other location across the country was suffering Joe Biden’s inflation.

I paid under $24 for a 14lb turkey with no antibiotics, steroids or hormones. I like my turkey the same as I like my average Fox viewer.

Senator Rafael Edward Cruz has submitted a bill meant to protect us from the woke language scourge.

To prohibit the use of funds to implement, administer, or enforce measures requiring certain employees to refer to an individual by the preferred pronouns of such indi- vidual or a name other than the legal name of such individual, and for other purposes.

Huh. I guess he wants us to start calling him by his correct name.

Just once I'd like to come here and read "some politician is now proposing a new bill that would benefit Americans and make this a better country". Don't get me wrong. I appreciate all the protections from words they've given me. And it never hurts to be protected from even more words. But maybe something with a little meat on it would be nice from time to time. 🤷‍♂️

McCarthy announced he's resigning at the end of the year. Not too surprising.

I only watched a few minutes of the last GOP debate. Terrible.

It's like other than Christie, they're not even running for anything. It seems like the whole point for all of them is National coverage, and nothing more. Ramaswamy is such a phony, plastic, pre-recorded message box full of conspiracies, talking points and bullshit its painful to watch. I mean literally, it leaves you feeling embarrassed and gross and you just turn it off.

Nikki Haley - I get it and I don't. On one hand, she does seem reasonable in many areas. She's still stuck on stupid with abortion though, and again - she worked for Trump. Even Christie - you worked for the guy, and I know for a FACT everything you think about Trump now, you thought before you began working for him. But at least Christie is doing it NOW, regardless of motives. I just struggle to take Haley seriously when she worked for Trump and would vote for him again, and has virtually nothing to say about everything Trump has done these last three years. He was wholly unqualified to be a shoe shiner back in 2016, btw. So the fact they pretend they're not even running against Trump is a joke.

The GOP needs to take the L on this and move on.
Well, that is funny, because they already got most of what they wanted. The SCotUS cannot realistically institute a national ban on their own, but that is just not happening.

Also, they have shown us clearly and brightly, it was never about abortion to begin with.

Republicans in Texas didn’t get the memo. AG Ken Paxton - who should have been impeached if not for a weak GOP - is threatening to charge anyone complicit in a woman’s abortion - an abortion which she had to ask the court permission to get and was granted.

In much the same way Ruby Freeman puts a human face and victim to Trump’s election fraud scheme, this lady from Texas facing a difficult pregnancy is a real face to a real issue.

Given what we’re seeing with the GOP these days, I guess the next step in enforcing their outdated abortion laws goes hand in hand with ignoring elections and just doing what they want.

Some Chaffetz dude went on F[redacted] "News" to complain that his Thanksgiving turkey cost Ninety Dollars! Because, Biden.

Amusingly enough, an astute observer discovered that, in 2020 (when Biden was not president) the same turkey would have cost $154.95

Heard a focus group of people complaining about the price of everything. One guy complained changing his spark plugs was going to be $900. Some research was done and on average it should be 1/3 that. I’m surprised the guy didn’t say Biden is his mechanic.

I don’t know if it’s always been this way, but it’s amazing how some people give 100% credit/blame to whoever is in the White House when it comes to their personal finances as if somebody hits a massive reset button on business and finance whenever there is a new President.

Heard a focus group of people complaining about the price of everything. One guy complained changing his spark plugs was going to be $900. Some research was done and on average it should be 1/3 that. I’m surprised the guy didn’t say Biden is his mechanic.

I don’t know if it’s always been this way, but it’s amazing how some people give 100% credit/blame to whoever is in the White House when it comes to their personal finances as if somebody hits a massive reset button on business and finance whenever there is a new President.

Democrats usually hit the reset button after Republicans tank the economy. It's slow, painful growth, because we always have just enough conservatives in office to stifle progress. Republicans do everything they can to help out their billionaire friends and vilify anyone who isn't white, christian and male (in that order), and then get back to work screwing up the economy once they regain power.

Wash, rinse, repeat. Republicans are hoping they can roll back the clock a few years so we can go back to arresting black and brown people, force kids to pray to a god of their choosing in schools, lock doctors and women up for providing healthcare, and allowing millionaires and billionaires to avoid taxes and break the laws without penalty.

The problem is nobody pushes back on statements like that, whether they come from a uniformed focus group member or from Fox News, which constantly beats the drum about their take on the economy. Just like Fox knew their pronouncements about the stolen election were lies, I'm sure they're aware their complaints about inflation are false or overblown. But it serves their purposes to boost ratings and get Trump re-elected.

Back