The Republican Agenda 2021 and Forward

I have zero shit stuck to my car. I find T-shirts uncomfortable. Hats are for holding back the elements. If you want to know who/what I am, ask.
I would also add that Hats are for keeping bird droppings from landing and the sun from charing the bald areas of my head.

Right?

I like dark humor. I'm not opposed to the image in and of itself. It would be a cool hot wheel model to put with your MAGA collection of cheap hats and other overpriced, worthless Trump memorabilia.

Putting it in on you actual car and driving all over town? My first instinct when I see that is not "How stupid" or "How evil", but "People broadcasting their low-IQ".

The problem is we live in an open air mental asylum and one person’s dark sense of humor is another person’s call to action.

As an aside, I read an article by a nanny saying the current generation of kids is even worse than the last. When they don’t get their way they quickly turn to violence. Wonder where they got that from?

Far be it from me to offer the right some tips, but if they insist on going back several decades to find a celebrity endorsement I recommend they start elevating Tom McDonald. He is current, popular, and talented and definitive right-wing grievance rap.

Behold the lyrics to In God We Trust. (20 million views on YouTube, not shabby)

They separate us from our neighbors, and they call it social distancing
It's actually a bigger plan, it's called social conditioning
They took away our privacy, there's always someone listening
They're rigging the elections, planning riots for the citizens
The government has always lied, it's history repeating
But the problem is the schools dumb you down so you believe 'em
If you try to speak the truth inside a tweet, then they delete it
Whole administration's satanists who claim thеy're praising Jesus

Every year thеre's a new name for enemies that we're facing, it's Al-Qaeda, then ISIS, and now American patriots
Who would've thought those who love the country the most
Will be hated on by folks who call America home?
Both political parties are equally just as evil
They been working for themselves, don't give a damn 'bout the people
Black, white, yellow, brown, humanity needs you
'Cause united we stand, divided they will defeat you

The man on the news says the problem is me
I'm just a small-town boy with big American dreams
The world's going crazy, and they're lying to us
Don't know who to believe, so in God we trust

Y'all missing what was written in them pages
That was history they wrote, now you wanna change it
You're racist, you hate this
Why you want us all to be locked up in cages?
I can't stand the left, everything they say's depressing
Ship 'em to the Middle East, they can learn oppression
Believe me, I mean this quite literal
I love liberty, but I hate white liberals

Wear a mask, stay home, complain and moan
Talk about privilege on your phone in your Range Rover
Starbucks mango foo-foo whatever
The cloth I'm cut from can handle any weather
You're just paper in the rain, we ain't the same
Stand for the flag, only kneel when I pray
I just pray we go back to the old days
Land of the free, home of the brave

Yeah, uh, I see through all the illusions
Refuse to hear the rumors or accept that we are losing
Easy to get caught up, consumed by the consumer
Truth is so diluted, people starve off they confusion
Comfort is the killer, your dream's execution
Cool with persecution if I make a contribution
Home of the brave look like a mental institution
And there will be revolution if we can't find resolution

And a threat is a promise, stand up, pay homage
They tell lies, I'm being honest, test of time is upon us
I know that God got us, so I'm fighting in His honor
Hear the cries of the crusaders as we're strapping up our armor
Either set sail to higher ground or drown in they drama
If I die for what I love, then my death will be nirvana
We're fighting for our freedom, don't believe what they been feeding
Be the change you wanna see, the warrior that we're needing

We don't trust the news, the government, or pharma
We just want freedom, do you have that to offer?
We don't want the lies, the politics, or the drama
We just want the life that was promised by our fathers
We don't trust the news, the government, or pharma
We just want freedom, do you have that to offer?
We don't want the lies, the politics, or the drama
We just want the life that was promised by our fathers

The world's going crazy and they lyin' to us

As an aside, I read an article by a nanny saying the current generation of kids is even worse than the last. When they don’t get their way they quickly turn to violence. Wonder where they got that from?

A lack of consequences for their previous actions.

If by the exact opposite you mean some people are attracted to states where abortion is banned, transgender care is highly regulated by government, and book banning is encouraged, I suppose that's so.

What does it tell you that @Eric won't allow me to post excepts from some of those "banned" books on this platform? Not a dig at him at all. Some of the content is simply inappropriate for middle school libraries.

Or that the news stations covering a DeSantis PC on the issue had to cut their feed because the content wasn't acceptable for their viewership?

I can guarantee some of you would be extremely pissed if I sent some of these books to your kids, grandkids, nieces or nephews. Yet you are perfectly OK with them being in school libraries.

What does it tell you that @Eric won't allow me to post excepts from some of those "banned" books on this platform? Not a dig at him at all. Some of the content is simply inappropriate for middle school libraries.

Or that the news stations covering a DeSantis PC on the issue had to cut their feed because the content wasn't acceptable for their viewership?

I can guarantee some of you would be extremely pissed if I sent some of these books to your kids, grandkids, nieces or nephews. Yet you are perfectly OK with them being in school libraries.
It says that we don't want Republicans cherry picking passages in order to score hyperpartisan political right wing points without full context, something you tend to do on a regular basis. You can always go to Twitter where they allow that type of BS all day long.

It says that we don't want Republicans cherry picking passages in order to score hyperpartisan political right wing points without full context, something you tend to do on a regular basis. You can always go to Twitter where they allow that type of BS all day long.

If it's in the book, it's in the book.

How is that cherry picking?

If it's in the book, it's in the book.

How is that cherry picking?
I can take one of hundreds of horrific passages from the Bible and post them too. Stories of rape, incest, murder, you name it, all shit read to children all the time, yet we're not doing it either. Not going to litigate this with you, if you want to post that shit for political points you'll do it elsewhere.

The problem is we live in an open air mental asylum and one person’s dark sense of humor is another person’s call to action.

This is where my worries come from. We're not in normal times, and this is not just a statement of "my team is better than your team". The rhetoric is tense, the misinformation rampant, and death threats are increasingly common. We've got state governments barreling towards constitutional crisis right now over a supreme court ruling that didn't go their way. It's not even about the fringe anymore.

The thing that bothers me the most is that we likely won't understand what the tipping point is until we're already well past it. That's what is so dangerous about the brinksmanship and othering occurring here. It's a game where the wrong move(s) will cause pandora's box to open, only nobody knows where the box is, or if it's currently open or closed. We'll only know that it's open after it gets bad.

A lack of consequences for their previous actions.

I’d say it’s both that and observing the adult world around them, and I’m not saying this is entirely a right-wing parenting issue. It’s the evolution of special snowflake parenting that both sides participate in with different areas of focus.

The thing that bothers me the most is that we likely won't understand what the tipping point is until we're already well past it. That's what is so dangerous about the brinksmanship and othering occurring here. It's a game where the wrong move(s) will cause pandora's box to open, only nobody knows where the box is, or if it's currently open or closed. We'll only know that it's open after it gets bad.

I think we are at the tipping point in a lot of ways. It isn't going to take much but what is unknown is how violent it is going to be.

I can take one of hundreds of horrific passages from the Bible and post them too. Stories of rape, incest, murder, you name it, all shit read to children all the time, yet we're not doing it either. Not going to litigate this with you, if you want to post that shit for political points you'll do it elsewhere.

You warned me when I did it and I respect your position on it, so I have not posted them again. My point is that it is easy to complain about books being banned, but many who are complaining don't want to see those images either.

Can't have it both ways.

And I don't do it for political points as few here listen to me anyway. So when I post images like I did, I do it to educate (they can't ignore a pic from the book as easily). I can't remember which poster it was but they were surprised that the images I posted were from books in elementary school libraries. If we can't at least see what the other side sees, then there will never be any debate and we will continue to be extremely polarized.

This is where my worries come from. We're not in normal times, and this is not just a statement of "my team is better than your team". The rhetoric is tense, the misinformation rampant, and death threats are increasingly common. We've got state governments barreling towards constitutional crisis right now over a supreme court ruling that didn't go their way. It's not even about the fringe anymore.

Some say a new American civil war will look a lot like exactly what is already happening with isolated attacks but more frequently and bigger. It won't be large groups of people shooting at each other across a field.

The lone wolf narrative is a bullshit deflection. None of these are lone wolfs. If they aren’t getting their narrative from a circle of friends then they are marinating in it online. Steve Bannon regularly uses sleeper cell terrorist propaganda saying it's all patriots’ duty to take action. He’s also said it’s his job to burn it all down and not his job to determine what rises out of the ashes after. That’s the mentality, instant violent gratification with no concern for the consequences, personal or national.

I think we are at the tipping point in a lot of ways. It isn't going to take much but what is unknown is how violent it is going to be.

You warned me when I did it and I respect your position on it, so I have not posted them again. My point is that it is easy to complain about books being banned, but many who are complaining don't want to see those images either.

Can't have it both ways.

And I don't do it for political points as few here listen to me anyway. So when I post images like I did, I do it to educate (they can't ignore a pic from the book as easily). I can't remember which poster it was but they were surprised that the images I posted were from books in elementary school libraries. If we can't at least see what the other side sees, then there will never be any debate and we will continue to be extremely polarized.
But you guys ARE banning books, Liberals are not. Don't confuse me not letting that happen (from either side) on some website with actual legislation from right wing extremists, on a level not seen since Hitler. You are definitely having it your way.

But you guys ARE banning books, Liberals are not. Don't confuse me not letting that happen (from either side) on some website with actual legislation from right wing extremists, on a level not seen since Hitler. You are definitely having it your way.

Yes, but only in school libraries. Those books are still available in public libraries and Amazon. This is the little factoid the left doesn't want to talk about or admit.

Yes, but only in school libraries. Those books are still available in public libraries and Amazon. This is the little factoid the left doesn't want to talk about or admit.
You are still "banning books" through legislation no matter how ridiculous your spins are, the Nazis would love your justifications though.

You are still "banning books" through legislation no matter how ridiculous your spins are, the Nazis would love your justifications though.

Yes.

Are you saying they are being banned in places other than schools?

Some say a new American civil war will look a lot like exactly what is already happening with isolated attacks but more frequently and bigger. It won't be large groups of people shooting at each other across a field.

I’ve personally thought it might look like the Troubles. Others have said balkanization, which I have to admit is not impossible, especially if we have continued clashes between the federal government and states. It’s not as if people aren’t already suggesting it.

Abbott seems to be betting that the Biden admin will flinch here. But it’s a very dangerous game of chicken. And it’s a no-win scenario. Flinching encourages more of the behavior, and can encourage blue state governments to do the same going forward. Pushing on Texas will make the right feel more aggrieved. In that sense, how do you relieve the tensions?

If things were to explode soon, we already passed it a while ago. The civil war tipping point wasn’t Fort Sumter, the Articles of Secession or Dred Scott, but in the many ways that things were heading towards a show down on slavery at the federal level and in new territories. Blood was spilled over whether Kansas was to be a free or slave state before all that in political killings.

Back