The Republican Agenda 2021 and Forward

they are made up of Christians and promote killing. seems they have used the bible to wipe their butts with.

Well, the Bible and its all-loving god promotes and orders a lot of killing. I hate to say it, but most Christians are only reasonable people in as much as they don’t follow its teachings. It’s a mess of different books by different anonymous authors, and it can be cherry-picked to form any belief you want.

The NYT has some concerns.

sxjvalqhnfbd1.png

Well, the Bible and its all-loving god promotes and orders a lot of killing. I hate to say it, but most Christians are only reasonable people in as much as they don’t follow its teachings. It’s a mess of different books by different anonymous authors, and it can be cherry-picked to form any belief you want.
While it is true that most Christians don't follow the teaching of the Bible, you have to remember that it is split into two testaments. The old does justify killings, however the new testament (the new covenant between god and christians), promote loving, forgiveness, and saving judgement for god.

While it is true that most Christians don't follow the teaching of the Bible, you have to remember that it is split into two testaments. The old does justify killings, however the new testament (the new covenant between god and christians), promote loving, forgiveness, and saving judgement for god.
Except that many prefer to refer back to the “Old Testament” when it suits them. For instance, the saying about a man lying with another man is only found in the original. There’s nothing that remotely hints that homosexuality might be wrong in the updated version. And yet Evengelicals will always point back to this to explain why it’s wrong.

Except that many prefer to refer back to the “Old Testament” when it suits them. For instance, the saying about a man lying with another man is only found in the original. There’s nothing that remotely hints that homosexuality might be wrong in the updated version. And yet Evengelicals will always point back to this to explain why it’s wrong.

But they don't pull in ALL the Old Testament, just the bits that interest them and their agenda.

Well, Jesus said “nothing has changed”, and the Ten Commandments are in the Old Testament - just a half-page away from the guidelines for buying, owning and punishing slaves.

There seems to be no clear authority and we’re still trying to figure out which group is right after a couple thousand years. My guess is none of them are correct.

I don't think most Jews adhere to all the Old Testament's requirements and proscriptions. (Actually, Jews use the term Tanach, which corresponds to the first Hebrew letter of each of its divisions.) Modern Judaism revolves around positive elements in the Tanach and in centuries of subsequent teachings that can best be summed up by the phrase Tikkun Olam, which translates as "repairing the world." This outlook embodies the concept of individual responsibility, rather than attributing it all to divinity.

Trump just did a rally that makes Biden’s debate look respectable, but of course, nobody expects anything so it was “just another rally.”
its just like his lies its so much that no one really pays attention anymore. Plus his audience is great at ignoring what he says. Plus they were having heat stroke too.

Certainly didn't have this on my BINGO card:

If it were just Newsweek, I might be leery, but Pew did the polling.

I have some serious doubts about Pew when it comes to an issue of this nature.

I have some serious doubts about Pew when it comes to an issue of this nature.
You may not be picking up on Herdfan’s method of peppering relevant threads with dismal outcomes for Dems and that is DEFINITELY NOT TROLLING.

I read it all. Both sides.

So when someone posts a poll that shows Biden up, I read it.
And yet, I don’t remember you posting it. However, you’ve got a deluge of bad news for Dems that you’re compelled to post on this of all sites. I think you’re full of it, and I understand the twisted urge to post on a forum full of delusional morons but that’s not what this is. Your intentions are transparent to anyone paying attention.

And yet, I don’t remember you posting it. However, you’ve got a deluge of bad news for Dems that you’re compelled to post on this of all sites. I think you’re full of it, and I understand the twisted urge to post on a forum full of delusional morons but that’s not what this is. Your intentions are transparent to anyone paying attention.

By all means please link the good GOP news you have posted in the past.

Back