The Republican Agenda 2021 and Forward

Fair question, Jim?

tunnedfwd2id1.jpeg

Jim Jordan, just another really putrid human who makes me sick.

I took great pleasure in watching him squirm in a suit while failing to garner the support of his party to become speaker. He got way more votes than he should have, but I think he believed there was a chance.

His committees were a joke and he and Comer had to battle to see which one was dumb and which one was dumber.

Really, even in a grossly gerrymandered district, Ohioans should do better than this weasel who’s all talk, no action (unless said action is inciting insurrection, dodging subpoenas or covering up for sex abusers).

The house GOP is trying to impeach Biden again. :ROFLMAO: I’m not even going to bother to find out over what. You can be mad or annoyed at these politicians, but I think we should aim more of that at the voters who put and keep them there.

Reading the book Shameless following the journey of the traditional conservative GOP to the absolute shitshow it is now spearheaded by Newt Gingrich who started the tactic of personal attacks against Democrats and going out of their way to break government while blaming Democrats for it breaking, then claiming they are the only ones who can fix what they broke. It also covers their usual values slogans and how they do the exact opposite in office, “fiscal conservatism” while massively increasing the deficit and “families values” (code for straight Christian white supremacy) while blocking or killing any government programs that help families. Why anybody would ever vote for these assholes over the last several decades is mind boggling.

The house GOP is trying to impeach Biden again. :ROFLMAO: I’m not even going to bother to find out over what. You can be mad or annoyed at these politicians, but I think we should aim more of that at the voters who put and keep them there.
like they could do it that fast. what is the say keep doing the same thing and think you will get a different result???

Republicans in any competitive race should be worried with the lunatic mental eunich at the top of their ticket.

I love watching the people behind him standing uncomfortably for a whole hour and trying to pretend “Yeah, this is normal….”

You Easterners, I swear. We are still almost two hours from sunset here.

Yeah I usually post all hours of the day and night, but last night I was dead tired.

I will watch the speeches today. Just the clips I’ve seen of Biden show it was pretty emotional for him.

I’m skipping all of it until Thursday night. I’m hoping to catch Shomari Figures, who is running for the newly created congressional seat in the district where I lived up until 2.5 years ago. I’ve known Shomari since he was 16. Although he was never my student, he was there during the time I pulled extra lunch duties to avoid hearing my colleagues whine. 🤣

The book Shameless talks about how Republicans control even the mainstream media through manipulation.

Fox is unapologetically pro Republican and therefor in their black and white yin/yang worldview all other media must be pro Democrat even if they are just in fact being neutral and reporting facts.

As an offshoot of Steve Bannon’s acknowledged “flood the zone with shit”, Fox and their lesser twins have “Why is nobody else talking about this?” which then forces mainstream media to talk about it no matter how mundane or asinine in the quest to seem unbiased.

News media has allowed Republicans to be unaccountable lying assholes to seem fair and “that’s one viewpoint”. When that’s the baseline then any coverage of Democrats is going to seem like a glowing endorsement by comparison. So they have to start inserting negativity to seem unbiased.

Essentially it’s like a prison where the criminals are given equal footing to the guards and administration and any reference to their criminality is an unfair attack. And hey, maybe it’s the guards and administration who are the actual criminals! I’m just asking questions.

I don't think there will be any redemption for the Republican party. They've reached the point of no return and short of a viable third party will have to be put out of their misery in the same way they replaced the Wig party.

The book Shameless talks about how Republicans control even the mainstream media through manipulation.

Fox is unapologetically pro Republican and therefor in their black and white yin/yang worldview all other media must be pro Democrat even if they are just in fact being neutral and reporting facts.

As an offshoot of Steve Bannon’s acknowledged “flood the zone with shit”, Fox and their lesser twins have “Why is nobody else talking about this?” which then forces mainstream media to talk about it no matter how mundane or asinine in the quest to seem unbiased.

News media has allowed Republicans to be unaccountable lying assholes to seem fair and “that’s one viewpoint”. When that’s the baseline then any coverage of Democrats is going to seem like a glowing endorsement by comparison. So they have to start inserting negativity to seem unbiased.

Essentially it’s like a prison where the criminals are given equal footing to the guards and administration and any reference to their criminality is an unfair attack. And hey, maybe it’s the guards and administration who are the actual criminals! I’m just asking questions.

I don't think there will be any redemption for the Republican party. They've reached the point of no return and short of a viable third party will have to be put out of their misery in the same way they replaced the Wig party.

I’ve been saying this for a long time. There’s no way to cover Trump or republicans the last two decades or more and appear unbiased by most societal standards. Republicans used to be able to openly condemn way more mild racism. So when you cover something racist they said, it appears “leftist” even though republicans would have covered it the same 25 or 30 years ago.

Clearly it’s easy to point to specific incidents of bias, but on the whole, every network is not wholly biased and as mentioned, often abdicate their duty to not appear biased. Trump had an interview with Axios and I think Brett Baier which were the only two I can remember where he was truly pressed. Even Hillary and Biden didn’t do it, and they could be as biased as they wanted, and were expected to be.

We clearly live among two realities, one where Trump is admired and taken seriously, and another in which it is impossible to do so, and whichever reality you live in dictates your view, I guess.

Comparatively not the worst thing to be said on right wing radio, but I’m assuming this type thing has been on their airwaves for decades and now it’s being brought to our attention after finally getting the national spotlight they’ve so desperately craved.

Hope they enjoy the attention now that they have it. I’m sure Trump will have their back. He cares about you and your issues!

Kandiss Taylor, failed Trump backed candidate for GA Governor in 2022, with recent hits like "we shouldn't be electing anyone in government...who isn't Christian." Posted this just a few days ago. How long does this wrong take on 5th grade US government class, end up coming out of Trump's mouth?

IMG_A69486486CDB-1.jpeg

Back