The Republican Agenda 2021 and Forward

The Oklahoma State Athletic Commission is considering amending a rule that prohibits some sporting competitions between trans and cis women. In this particular case, what was banned was not really a sporting competition at all but a professional wrestling thingie that involved a transgender woman against a cis woman.

The Oklahoma State Athletic Commission is considering amending a rule that prohibits some sporting competitions between trans and cis women. In this particular case, what was banned was not really a sporting competition at all but a professional wrestling thingie that involved a transgender woman against a cis woman.

That's hilarious. I did real wrestling when I was in school. I remember coming across a girl once or twice. Thankfully I never had to wrestle a girl myself. I figured if you won, you'd get teased because you only had a girl for your opponent. And if you lost, well... it was high school boys. You weren't going to get condolences on your loss. Then there's the whole aspect of being a high school boy rolling about the mat with a female in a sport where you not only need to grab them, but sometimes you need to grab them in places that could get extremely awkward.

Comparison between how PBS news and Hannity covered the same story. To be fair I will acknowledge that PBS news is news and Hannity is an opinion show. A more fair comparison might be the Fox straight news segment…that nobody watches because it doesn’t tickle their outrage bone.

Thankfully I never had to wrestle a girl myself. I figured if you won, you'd get teased because you only had a girl for your opponent. And if you lost, well... it was high school boys. You weren't going to get condolences on your loss.

Most stressful match short of state qualifiers.

She was a farm girl (aka farmer strong) in the 185lb weight class. I beat her pretty easily on form, but had it been strength against strength, I might have been in trouble.

And was getting 💩 from my teammates BEFORE the match. So had I lost……

And was getting 💩 from my teammates BEFORE the match. So had I lost……

Exactly. Every guy I knew not on the team thought it would be awesome to wrestle a girl. Every guy on the team realized it was a lose/lose scenario. Like picking a physical fight with a grade school child. If you win, you're a dick who beat up a kid. And if you lose, you're a dick that's going to get laughed at forever. There's just no way to beat up an 8-year old and walk away a winner.

Yesterday I was working and something came up and I just hit post. I no longer remember how wrestling a girl in high school relates back to professional wrestling. But I do know that they're gymnasts in funny outfits putting on a show. So who cares what their gender is? Men and women have been performing gymnastics together in everything from high school cheerleading to Cirque du Soleil to Chinese acrobats for ages. It's not the least bit unusual. But now we're supposed to be concerned if one of those men or women is actually a woman or a man? It's absurd and the government is wasting tax payer money getting involved. I want people in government to do things that benefit society, not to strip benefits from others. That's not making life better for people, it's leaving you alone while they make life worse for others, then telling you how much they improved your life. That's getting to walk by unscathed while the bullies beat up someone else.

The incarcerated 1/6 participants have started their own prison gang, Patriot Wing. If Trump pardons these people expect them to form militias that will make the Proud Boys look like the Girl Scouts. The irony will be while rural and small town America points to far off big cities they’ve never been with horror, the threats and violence brought to their communities by these groups will make Chicago look like Disneyland. Look to armed citizens currently blocking FEMA hurricane assistance as an example.

Donald Trump and the Republican party at work:

jjg9e3pqcqud1.png

Donald Trump and the Republican party at work:

jjg9e3pqcqud1.png

Like I said above, unless you are somebody hoping for a civil war to give your life purpose, expect MAGA and their politicians to make life worse for rural and small town America. No growth business is going to want to invest in your community when you are known for stripping rights and militias roving the streets. But some MAGA areas are already known for lack of investment so I guess no loss/no gain.

I didn’t see the need for its own thread, but this is why - unlike republicans - I do not support the death penalty. I don’t know enough to say whether this guy is innocent, but clearly, there is doubt and there are questions,

It’s also cruel and unusual punishment to make anyone believe they are hours (or minutes) from death before switching plans. Why do these decisions come down so close to the execution? 90 minutes before death and there’s a reprieve. Sometimes, these people get a stay and are executed anyways, putting them in the same situation all over again.

Not to mention, if he is innocent, this guy has spent two decades behind bars. Imagine spending decades behind bars for a crime you didn’t commit, then being killed. If it happens to a single person, it’s hardly worth it. But it’s happened a lot more than once.

Back