Today’s Shooting (an ongoing topic)

Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp signing bill allowing anyone to carry a concealed gun in public w/o license.

hnz0mrphkumd1.jpeg

I wouldn’t say JD Vance’s comments on this were outlandish, maybe not to the degree the left is making it, but it was more like it made him an automaton, cold and unempathetic. It was also slightly, and I’m not trying to joke here, weird. Similar to watching Trump onstage with Parkland families - clearly not giving a shit but trying to put on the appearance anyway, notecards in hand.

That said, he mentioned this is just “the reality we live in”. No s****, Sherlock, obviously that’s the case, what are we going to do about it? “More security”, which is just barely a cut above “more guns”. Or they mention healthcare, which they never do anything to improve (and actually work to help make worse). We don’t want to accept a reality where schools are targets, so what do we do to change the reality, not adapt to it?

I truly hope I never have to hear the words “Vice President Vance”.

I truly hope I never have to hear the words “Vice President Vance”.
Indeed
He would freeze up with indecision,
e0e045d6fe5f426c9bc22c910cbdf90e.jpg

Which one? Which one? Oh, how do I choose???

Also, his speech is pure plagiarism

Last edited:
The father of the Appalachee HS shooter is being charged with four counts of involuntary manslaughter for buying his son an AR-15 for christmas.

Finally, for once.

It gets worse for dad. He told the FBI in 2023 his son was struggling in school and had been bullied.

And so knowing this he STILL bought his son an AR. His stupidity knows no bounds.

It gets worse for dad. He told the FBI in 2023 his son was struggling in school and had been bullied.

And so knowing this he STILL bought his son an AR. His stupidity knows no bounds.
Yup. As the saying goes, though, you can't fix stupid. So any meaningful solution will have to go beyond relying on adults to do the right thing about kids and guns.

Trump was making light of Paul Pelosi again after surviving an assassination attempt, doesn’t seem to have affected him and I doubt one of these (school shootings) happening a week would cause republicans to do anything. They would rather see the world burn than handle what they would perceive as a loss by even giving an inch.

Now it is being reported that the mother of the shooter had been calling and texting the school that her son was in a bad place and they needed to locate him. WTH?

At that point the entire school should have been locked down and crawling with police. They had 30 minutes between her call and first shots fired.

I understand why some don't want teachers armed, but I don't know why anyone would object to auto-locking doors, window coverings, door jams and other passive measures.

I understand why some don't want teachers armed, but I don't know why anyone would object to auto-locking doors, window coverings, door jams and other passive measures.
Uvalde had 376 armed officers, most with body armor, that sat outside for 77 minutes as they knew the shooter was massacring students. Yet you all expect a teacher to be able to handle it. Get real.

Uvalde had 376 armed officers, most with body armor, that sat outside for 77 minutes as they knew the shooter was massacring students. Yet you all expect a teacher to be able to handle it. Get real.

Which is so inexcusable that I can't even find words to describe it. Some teachers could, some couldn't just like anything else.

But we can sure do better with passive systems. There was a news report on a school in I think NC that had lots of passive measures plus some non-lethal active ones.

Which is so inexcusable that I can't even find words to describe it. Some teachers could, some couldn't just like anything else.

But we can sure do better with passive systems. There was a news report on a school in I think NC that had lots of passive measures plus some non-lethal active ones.
One way would be to simply make it so these weapons of mass death aren't available to civilians for any reason.

Now it is being reported that the mother of the shooter had been calling and texting the school that her son was in a bad place and they needed to locate him. WTH?

At that point the entire school should have been locked down and crawling with police. They had 30 minutes between her call and first shots fired.

Assuming not a lot is going to be done about this outside schools, the only thing I can think of that would help is a TSA type entering system with x-ray and instant bulletproof containment system if a gun is detected. So like a prison pretty much, moving in and out of multiple secured areas until you are determined to not be an armed threat.

My concern is if the gun is already inside and the shooter detects that they’ve been discovered or get locked in a room they’ll just prematurely (to plan) start shooting up the place and I wouldn’t expect a teacher to have navy seal like reflexes.

Back