WWDC 2023 Thread

Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Plus why only use the fancy CA places for names? Here are some CA towns that I'm sure would like some of that MacOS love:
Encino
Palmdale
Barstow
Rancho Cucamonga
Amboy
Lone Pine
City of Industry
Tehachapi
Needles
Badwater Basin
Los Banos
Donner Lake
Lodi
Angel Camp
Corcoran
Eureka
and, of course, Weed

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I like the tacos there.

I like the character of the town. Old school. Haven't been there in a decade or so.

Here's a photo I made of their marina:

Attachments

• Alviso dock 2-7-10.jpg
    Alviso dock 2-7-10.jpg
    306.7 KB · Views: 22

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I like the character of the town. Old school. Haven't been there in a decade or so.

Here's a photo I made of their marina:
We used to go there for lunch sometimes when I worked at Exponential (It was located on zanker, near Brokaw, so it was in that triangle down there.)

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
We used to go there for lunch sometimes when I worked at Exponential (It was located on zanker, near Brokaw, so it was in that triangle down there.)

I had friends working in that area. Long ago I worked for a couple of companies close to the bay lands - in the area of Caribbean/Java Dr/Fair Oaks/Tasman. Nice taking a walk on the levees during lunch hour.

Colstan

Site Champ
Reaction score
Again, I apologize for my over-zealous palm reading in an attempt to divine the true nature of the next series of Mac releases. You've hinted that you've got some measure of insider information from your old buddies inside of Apple's skunkworks, but the dividing line between confidentially sourced information and personal opinion is one which I am unsure how to delineate. Therefore, moving forward, I shall keep my inquires about the future of the Mac to a minimum, if I do so at all. You're a lawyer, it's part of your profession to keep secrets, and I never intended for this to become uncomfortable; TechBoards is a discussion forum, not an interrogation chamber. We left the torture sessions behind in MacRumors.

Normally, I wouldn't be so dogged in my intelligence gathering. On the contrary, I'd be thoroughly enjoying the WWDC festivities, like everyone else. This time is personally different for me, because I need to make a decision on a new computer purchase within the next 6-9 months. I won't regurgitate the details of my Mac vs. PC plight, yet again, as if we were standing abreast of an ancient mythical Roman vomitorium.

The short version is that I need GPU grunt, if Apple goes crawling back to AMD for their high-end desktop graphics hardware, then I'll be forced to consider switching to a Windows PC. I can't justify purchasing an Apple Silicon Mac Pro, and refuse to use an eGPU because it's firmly in the "never again" category, having experienced the joys of using one daily for over two years with my Intel Mac mini. Simply put, if Apple has confidence in its GPUs, then so shall I, and stay firmly on the Apple ranch. It's obvious which option I would prefer, hence I'll be tracking down any hint of which option the fruit company will pursue, as if I were a cadaver dog that picked up a strong scent.

For those here who are tired of listening to my saga, then I apologize for the tedium. On the other extreme, if I have made @Cmaier or anyone else here uncomfortable during my irrationally exuberant mission, then I apologize for that, as well. I'm trying to suss out the details, not make a nuisance of myself, like a leg-humping dog in heat.

B01L

SlackMaster
Reaction score
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe...
The "stability" releases, like Snow Leopard and High Sierra, have always been my favorites.

Apple needs to release full & maintenance variants, alternating yearly...

Plus why only use the fancy CA places for names? Here are some CA towns that I'm sure would like some of that MacOS love:
Encino

macOS Encino, with an intro by Brendan Fraser...! ;^p

Last edited:

Joelist

Power User
Reaction score
I'd like therm to start naming MacOS versions after Kaiju if Toho and Daiei were cooperative.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
For reference (since I’ll update the wiki with actual announcements), here’s the rumors roundup:

Rumors

- Siri
  • “Siri” replaces ”hey, siri” as trigger phrase

- xrOS, VR/AR goggles
  • VR/AR modes, gradual transition between using digital crown-like knob
  • external battery pack worn at the waist
  • prescription lens options
  • 4k OLED displays
  • M2-based chip
  • Facetime virtual presence
  • no physical controller
  • iris scanner
  • outward and inward facing cameraS

- 15” Macbook Air

- new Mac Studio
  • M2 Max and Ultra

- iOS 17
  • Smart-home style display for always-on iPhones in landscape
  • control center changes
  • iOS-style lock screen stuff in iPadOS
  • Mental health/journaling app
  • Support for alternate app stores (maybe only in Europe)
  • health app for ipad
  • Ability to manually adjust App Library folders
  • wallet app with tabs for different types of passes/cards/keys
  • Some sort of Find My improvements
  • Airplay improvements - easier to connect to devices you don’t own
- WatchOS 10
  • Some sort of new interface, perhaps with scrollable list of widgets similar to siri watch face
  • update to the Home Screen - something different than the app honeycomb
  • built-in apps and watchfaces updated to better use Ultra’s large screen
- macOS 14

Joelist

Power User
Reaction score
Here's the 15 inch MBA. Seems like it is base M2 not Pro or Max (those still seem to be reserved for Pro).

Top Bottom
1 2