Ron DeSantis: What in the ever loving fuck is wrong with him?

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

This bill is an obvious attack on "the media" and 1A. One of its provisions would make it possible to win certain defamation suits without having to establish malice, which sounds to me a lot like they want to outlaw satire/mockery, or just words that make them feel bad.
well lets hope Fox News is the first to be sued by this.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
well lets hope Fox News is the first to be sued by this.

A lot of people are pointing out the irony of the timing here considering Fox’s current legal battle. Since Republican lawmakers seem incapable of looking more than 2 minutes into the future I expect we’ll start to see more rapid backfires.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

man seems the first amendment is not really important to republicans imagine that.​

Bill Would Require Bloggers Covering Florida Governor To Register With State​

Florida lawmakers continued their assault on the First Amendment this week with a bill requiring “bloggers” to register with the state if they planned on writing about the Florida governor, his administration officials or any state legislator.
Florida Senate Bill 1316, filed by GOP state Sen. Jason Brodeur, comes as Brodeur and others have also introduced separate legislation to make it easier to sue the news media for alleged defamation. Weeks earlier, Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) lamented how difficult it was to sue journalists in the United States.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score

man seems the first amendment is not really important to republicans imagine that.​

Bill Would Require Bloggers Covering Florida Governor To Register With State​

Florida lawmakers continued their assault on the First Amendment this week with a bill requiring “bloggers” to register with the state if they planned on writing about the Florida governor, his administration officials or any state legislator.
Florida Senate Bill 1316, filed by GOP state Sen. Jason Brodeur, comes as Brodeur and others have also introduced separate legislation to make it easier to sue the news media for alleged defamation. Weeks earlier, Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) lamented how difficult it was to sue journalists in the United States.
Free speech? Only when the Republicans agree with it…. 🤬

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
the simple solution to this is stop covering him and all republicans that do this. it would take no time at all for this stupidity to stop.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
the simple solution to this is stop covering him and all republicans that do this. it would take no time at all for this stupidity to stop.
I don’t know if this is the answer. If poison is in office and passing arsenic legislation talking about it should be happening at least for those who don’t want to drink it.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
This guy is flat out dangerous, this war they're waging on Trans people along with all of his new proposals are flat out Fascist, including the new one where he wants people to register with the state if they're going to speak his name. It's a scary road they're going down.

Frankly, I hope Trump remains the front runner, he's more about himself than anything. It also bodes well for Democrats because I think it'll be hard for him to beat Biden a second time as well.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
It also bodes well for Democrats because I think it'll be hard for him to beat Biden a second time as well.

It should...though I think that will be driven by the state of Biden's health (determined by optics) one year from now. Imo, that's pretty risky. There needs to by a Plan B to cover that possibility.

For me, the best outcome will have trump indicted within the next six months, ideally by the Feds, Georgia, and New York. Even better would be guilty verdicts from trials, though there may not be enough time considering the delays that would occur.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
It should...though I think that will be driven by the state of Biden's health (determined by optics) one year from now. Imo, that's pretty risky. There needs to by a Plan B to cover that possibility.
Agreed, I think his age is at the top of all of the minds of Democrats. For anyone, getting behind a president in their 80s is not an easy thing to support. At the same time if you present a plan B it shows that you don't believe in plan A. They'll have to tread lightly here I think.

For me, the best outcome will have trump indicted within the next six months, ideally by the Feds, Georgia, and New York. Even better would be guilty verdicts from trials, though there may not be enough time considering the delays that would occur.
The only issue I see with this is that if he's indicted too early it could put him out of contention in the Republican party with the next 2 years looming. I know he maintains that he'll run anyway but that would be such an uphill battle for him for him to fight for that long.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I don’t know if this is the answer. If poison is in office and passing arsenic legislation talking about it should be happening at least for those who don’t want to drink it.
but polititions live and die by publicity. thats why this moron is doing this.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score

The biggest problem Biden faces in a '24 contest is he will be 2 years older and all that entails and he will not be able to use COVID as an excuse to hide in his basement. He will have to go out on the campaign trail. At that point, no one knows what he will say or do.

If I were a Dem, I would want Trump front and center and unindicted. DeSantis would walk in if Trump can't run.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Agreed, I think his age is at the top of all of the minds of Democrats. For anyone, getting behind a president in their 80s is not an easy thing to support. At the same time if you present a plan B it shows that you don't believe in plan A. They'll have to tread lightly here I think.

A fine line to walk for sure. How do you get a candidate of stature to run against a sitting President of the same party? And if you do manage that, how do they effectively campaign?

For the Dems, the best scenario is to get Biden to not run. But that brings in a second set of problems in that how do you not support the sitting VP? Especially a WOC.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
The biggest problem Biden faces in a '24 contest is he will be 2 years older and all that entails and he will not be able to use COVID as an excuse to hide in his basement. He will have to go out on the campaign trail. At that point, no one knows what he will say or do.
Of course Trump is only 4 years younger so they'll have to reconcile that argument if Trump is their choice.

If I were a Dem, I would want Trump front and center and unindicted. DeSantis would walk in if Trump can't run.
Any real evidence supporting this claim?

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Desantis is really trying to work it. You can tell he wants the big prize, the way he has his PR cranking hard. And it might well get him nominated, because he is hitting all the popular RW spouting points. However, there does not seem to be a mountain of evidence to support nationwide popularity across the board, at least, so far. If he "walks in", it would be because the Rs will have gotten the voting system solidly under their thumbprint.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Desantis is really trying to work it. You can tell he wants the big prize, the way he has his PR cranking hard. And it might well get him nominated, because he is hitting all the popular RW spouting points. However, there does not seem to be a mountain of evidence to support nationwide popularity across the board, at least, so far. If he "walks in", it would be because the Rs will have gotten the voting system solidly under their thumbprint.
Sounds like a talking point rather than an actual stat, I can't find any polling data that supports it.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Of course Trump is only 4 years younger so they'll have to reconcile that argument if Trump is their choice.

But if they are both on stage at the same time, Biden will look way older.

No, but DeSantis is Trump without all the negatives. If he can show the always-Trumpers he understand them he will peel some support.

Let's face it, Biden didn't win the election, Trump lost it. Too many people didn't like his mean Tweets or other things he did. He didn't lose on his policies, he lost on his personality.

Top Bottom
1 2