Ron DeSantis: What in the ever loving fuck is wrong with him?

DeSantis: “We will stop this invasion of the woke Soros backed deep state ocean!”

LOL.

You all can make fun of the right's obsession with Soros all you want. But you are going to have to live with the consequences way more than conservatives will.

And if you have never experienced a Red Tide, consider yourself very lucky. It stinks and you can't get away from it, even indoors.

LOL.

You all can make fun of the right's obsession with Soros all you want. But you are going to have to live with the consequences way more than conservatives will.
We all know the reason for the focus on Soros, given that there are many other wealthy people supporting activities both on the left and the right but their names are never mentioned.

I thought about that about 15 minutes after I asked. I didn't even know he was Jewish until a couple of weeks/maybe a month ago.

So for me, I couldn't care less.
You might not, but there is a reason Trump, DeSantis and the right wing media focus on this one particular person e.g. "Soros-backed prosecutor." Meanwhile, I guess it's alright for Harlan Crow to basically subsidize a Supreme Court justice for years. Did McConnell say "Crow-backed judge" in his recent deplorable speech defending Thomas?

well that was way the right went after him the rich Jewish guy.

Or maybe it could be he is an old uber liberal guy.

Like I said, he will be hurting liberal cities more than conservative areas. So if you like what he is doing, great. But when people with money leave large cities leaving them without a tax base, it will be in part because of him.

Or maybe it could be he is an old uber liberal guy.

Like I said, he will be hurting liberal cities more than conservative areas. So if you like what he is doing, great. But when people with money leave large cities leaving them without a tax base, it will be in part because of him.
Are there no rich liberal donors of a different persuasion? Trump et al never seem to mention them.

And in comparing liberal and conservative areas, the latter don't come out well. Generally speaking, they are net importers of federal funds while the latter are net exporters. If the conservative areas are run so well, why are they so needy? And if you look up per capita crime rates the GOP run states are right up there among the top ten.

And if you look up per capita crime rates the GOP run states are right up there among the top ten.

So why don't MSNBC and other liberal outlets broadcast headlines about all the businesses shutting down and people leaving?

If FL and TX are so bad, why are people flocking to them from CA, IL and NY/NJ?

In what way?

He funds the elections of progressive DA's. Who don't seem to want to prosecute criminals and crime gets worse, stores close and people leave. So he is in effect, hurting those citizens, mainly liberals who live in these cities.

And as I asked @mac_in_tosh, why are there only stories about people bailing liberal cities due to crime. If crime is as bad in conservative run cities, why are there no stories about citizens leaving there. Why no pictures of walls of items locked up behind glass doors in The Woodlands, TX; Greenville, SC or Provo Utah?

JMO. Feel free to shoot all the holes in it you want. One of us will be proven correct as these cities die.

And as I asked @mac_in_tosh, why are there only stories about people bailing liberal cities due to crime. If crime is as bad in conservative run cities, why are there no stories about citizens leaving there.
Let's talk facts and not right-wing propaganda. Look up the ranking of states by crime rate and you will find GOP-run states are well represented at the top of the list.
In 2022, a city in Jim Jordan's district had a homicide rate 3x that of New York.
From the Daily Beast concerning McCarthy's Bakersfield, CA district: "The murder rate there in 2021 was 11.91 per 100,000, more than double the murder rate in New York City (5.55) and Nancy Pelosi’s San Francisco (5.6)."
And let's not dismiss conservatives' false interpretation of the Second Amendment as a contributing factor to the carnage occuring everywhere in the U.S.

Let's talk facts and not right-wing propaganda. Look up the ranking of states by crime rate and you will find GOP-run states are well represented at the top of the list.

I'm not saying they aren't.

Just wondering why people aren't leaving them like they are more liberal cities. Or if they are, why aren't there news stories about it?

Back