Ron DeSantis: What in the ever loving fuck is wrong with him?

But where do you pivot to? Biden is the only 2020 Dem candidate that could beat Trump, mainly because most of the country saw him as a moderate Dem. That is no longer the case. So do you try to find a real moderate, one that can win a nomination without being dragged too far left, or go all in with a progressive candidate.
Too far left, as in overturning Roe v Wade, launching an all out assault on LGBTQ, loosening gun legislation despite 647 mass shootings in 2022 alone? Yeah, it's been a total Liberal hellscape under Biden. :rolleyes:

Compared to DeSantis and Trump, Biden absolutely is a moderate. I mean, two things can be true at once. Someone can be "far-left" (which I don't think Biden is), but also still be moderate in comparison to someone else. It's all relevant.

But above all, Biden is sane and not a nutter. I mean, come on... this is not normal, and this is one of literally hundreds of bizarre, out of touch, racist, stupid or generally stupid things Trump says online and in person.

Untitled.jpg

Compared to DeSantis and Trump, Biden absolutely is a moderate. I mean, two things can be true at once. Someone can be "far-left" (which I don't think Biden is), but also still be moderate in comparison to someone else. It's all relevant.

But above all, Biden is sane and not a nutter. I mean, come on... this is not normal, and this is one of literally hundreds of bizarre, out of touch, racist, stupid or generally stupid things Trump says online and in person.

View attachment 23995

These same people who support Trump will never acknowledge his mental capacity, all the while questioning Biden's.

The question for Republicans is how they'll convince voters in the middle to move back to Trump over Biden and if current polling is to be believed it's a long haul for Trump.

I missed it (darn). Did he explain how censorship, repression, and charging people with crimes for mentioning or discussing the LGBTQ community on a school campus, having or performing an abortion after a month and a half, or giving a ride to somebody with questionable legal status all equate to freedom? Florida, where woke freedom goes to die.

But where do you pivot to? Biden is the only 2020 Dem candidate that could beat Trump, mainly because most of the country saw him as a moderate Dem. That is no longer the case. So do you try to find a real moderate, one that can win a nomination without being dragged too far left, or go all in with a progressive candidate.

Before I get into potential candidates should Biden not run... Let's look at trump and where he's currently at.

A jury recently found him liable for sexual battery and defamation.

But wait, there's more. trump is now a criminal defendant facing 34 felonies in NY.

And more...Special Council Jack Smith and a federal grand jury could soon be dropping the hammer where trump may end up being a criminal defendant facing a number of felonies in a federal courtroom.

And because the above isn't quite enough, in the great state of Georgia, it appears DA Fani Willis may be putting the frosting on an indictment accusing "find me some votes" trump of election fraud, making trump, yes, a criminal defendant facing a number of felonies.

Let's say some or all of the above come to fruition. Do you think gop voters might have an issue with that? If not, why, and what does that say about the gop in general?

Could you vote for a candidate with the above merits?

Speaking of moderates, heard a recent interview with one of the founders of the Lincoln Project who said the Republicans are seriously shooting themselves in the ass with their extremism on things like abortion and making it easier to put even more guns on the street as their crowning jewels. There are plenty of people unhappy or dissatisfied with Democrats but when they look to their right it’s an even bigger fuck that.

The southern border. The predicted bombardment of the southern border didn’t happen and a little mentioned reason for that is Mexico has decided to police a lot of immigration far from our southern border in exchange for the US turning a blind eye to their move back towards a dictatorship. That is exactly something, regardless of which side has current control, the US would agree to. That’s pretty much our entire middle east policy. Do us a financial or security solid and you can do whatever the fuck you want with your people.

Let's say some or all of the above come to fruition. Do you think gop voters might have an issue with that? If not, why, and what does that say about the gop in general?

Could you vote for a candidate with the above merits?
McConnell could. Soon after the attack on the Capitol, he said Trump was morally and practically responsible but when asked if he'd vote for him were he the GOP candidate he said yes. Republicans have been so conditioned about the "far-left radical Democratic party" that many of them would just hold their nose and vote for Trump, despite his many crimes and obvious shortcomings, because they fear the alternative.

McConnell could. Soon after the attack on the Capitol, he said Trump was morally and practically responsible but when asked if he'd vote for him were he the GOP candidate he said yes. Republicans have been so conditioned about the "far-left radical Democratic party" that many of them would just hold their nose and vote for Trump, despite his many crimes and obvious shortcomings, because they fear the alternative.

I guess that makes the gop, for the most part, the party without morals.

If tried and convicted of multiple and very serious felonies (some against the United States), fomenting an insurrection and potential coup (essentially trashing the Constitution), etc... no worries mate, he's a republican and good for the gop!

If tried and convicted of multiple and very serious felonies (some against the United States), fomenting an insurrection and potential coup (essentially trashing the Constitution), etc... no worries mate, he's a republican and good for the gop!
While he hasn't (yet) been tried and convicted, it's clear that he fomented an insurrection and potential coup and he stole classified documents and obstructed their return, among other crimes, and he still has the support of the GOP and millions of his deplorables. Actual conviction of these crimes might just be used as more fodder for the "weaponization of the DOJ" argument. And all this national angst due to one man's pathological ego.

Speaking of moderates, heard a recent interview with one of the founders of the Lincoln Project who said the Republicans are seriously shooting themselves in the ass with their extremism on things like abortion and making it easier to put even more guns on the street as their crowning jewels. There are plenty of people unhappy or dissatisfied with Democrats but when they look to their right it’s an even bigger fuck that.

I agree on the abortion part. We need a national law that caps it at 20 or so weeks. We can debate the 16-24 week thing, but it needs to be legal. Now this won't make the far left or far right happy, but that is what we as a country need to start demanding. Middle of the road solutions that make the people in the middle happy.

Same with guns. We need middle of the road solutions, not banning grenade launchers from AR-15's.

While he hasn't (yet) been tried and convicted, it's clear that he fomented an insurrection and potential coup and he stole classified documents and obstructed their return, among other crimes, and he still has the support of the GOP and millions of his deplorables. Actual conviction of these crimes might just be used as more fodder for the "weaponization of the DOJ" argument. And all this national angst due to one man's pathological ego.

I'm all for due process - even when it comes to trump.

"Actual conviction of these crimes might just be used as more fodder for the "weaponization of the DOJ" argument."

Are you telling me the gop really isn't "the party of law and order?" :)

Same with guns. We need middle of the road solutions, not banning grenade launchers from AR-15's.

What would be a good "middle of the road solution" to quickly and drastically reduce mass shootings?

I agree on the abortion part. We need a national law that caps it at 20 or so weeks. We can debate the 16-24 week thing, but it needs to be legal. Now this won't make the far left or far right happy, but that is what we as a country need to start demanding. Middle of the road solutions that make the people in the middle happy.

Even a Fox News poll showed 61% in favor of an assault weapons ban, if they had any practical use outside of mass murders then people might not be so against them but that's been a tough sell.

Roughly the same amount of people say abortion should be fully legal, as it was before.

These are two issues Republicans do not want dominating the ballot, yet they're always at the top of the news. It's what cost them in the midterms and will likely be on the forefront of the 2024 election so they'll have to reconcile a way to deal with that or likely lose more seats.

What would be a good "middle of the road solution" to quickly and drastically reduce mass shootings?

I don't think there is any way to do this quickly. But changing AR's to Class 3 weapons would slow the sales of them down to a trickle.

I know concealed carry, open carry and Constitutional carry get the left all fired up about guns, but it is rarely these individuals doing the shootings.

Even a Fox News poll showed 61% in favor of an assault weapons ban,

Which would be fine with me, with a caveat. Codify a person's right to possess a firearm. Not through the courts, but an actual law that states individuals may own weapons.

Which would be fine with me, with a caveat. Codify a person's right to possess a firearm. Not through the courts, but an actual law that states individuals may own weapons.
Are there any actual laws preventing people from the legal right to own a firearm, anywhere in the country? Unless this case is being made for felons or those with exceptions, the second amendment stands.

Which would be fine with me, with a caveat. Codify a person's right to possess a firearm.

Meaning banning all assault weapons? If so, I'm OK with that. I think 2A covers owning a weapon, right?

Since we're now negotiating... how about adding more comprehensive background checks (to own a handgun or regular rifle)?

Last edited:

I’m also getting tired of them saying they are just doing the will of the voters when they don’t actually put any of these things directly to the voters. The few times they did do it, shockers of shockers, the voters weren’t on board. So now they don’t even bother.

Politician: Why did you put me in office?

Voter: Lower taxes.

Politician: What was that, ban abortions?

Voter: No. Lower taxes.

Politician: Alright, we’ll ban abortions!

Voter: WTF?

Are there any actual laws preventing people from the legal right to own a firearm, anywhere in the country? Unless this case is being made for felons or those with exceptions, the second amendment stands.

No. So then codifying it in Federal Law shouldn't be a problem. And for the same reason to codify abortion in Federal Law: to keep states from messing with it.

Meaning banning all assault weapons? If so, I'm OK with that. I think 2A covers owning a weapon, right?

Since we're now negotiating... how about adding more comprehensive background checks (to own a handgun or regular rifle)?

Just making them Class 3, same as a fully auto machine gun. Lot's of hoops to jump through.

And I personally am fine with expanded BGC's, but this will be worthless if other agencies don't keep their databases current.

And I am actually fine with Red Flag laws as long as there are severe penalties for false reporting and the accused is given their weapons back automatically once cleared. I know people on here have said there is no false reporting, so fine, there shouldn't be a problem with severely punishing them.

Back