Ron DeSantis: What in the ever loving fuck is wrong with him?

Likely sanctioned by DeSantis.

aezrxm247m0b1.jpg

I will say this about Newsom in contrast. A board in CA came up with a proposal to pay black people in CA reparations, not just for slavery (or maybe not for slavery at all), but also for arrests, incarcerations, and other injustices due to a highly biased system. Newsome declined to endorse it, specifically just handing individuals checks and he believes community investment is a better approach. I don’t think there is any Republican governor in a deep red state who would pass up the opportunity to attempt to steamroll through whatever far right agenda item comes across their desk.

DeSantis is going to be a victim of his own culture war battles. He’s in over his head. It’s all fun and games in Florida, but he won’t survive a primary against Trump, as soon as he announces it, Trump will turn up the heat.

DeSantis’ team is comprised of social media trolls. Think having Charlie Kirk as a staffer. His gimmick is less policy-focused than Trump’s and that’s really saying something. It’s just culture wars and trolling, but he suddenly finds his modesty when it comes to Trump. These people are not “fighters”.

I really wish those kids who DeSantis embarrassed for wearing masks had kicked his arrogant ass. That’s how I think of him as a person and politician, a perfect example. Some people like that kind of garbage. I can’t understand why republicans are cheerleading people they’d be disgusted with in normal life, but whatever.

His campaign launch has been a hilarious disaster so far (except for the content that did eventually make it in which was as expected a horrifying disaster). I put the main post in the Twitter thread because that’s where he idiotically decided to launch his campaign with Elon Musk:

Meatball Ron is getting owned by Trump. When he's not getting owned by Trump, he's self-owning.

As I said in another thread, this was a really ******g stupid idea. Just do a regular press conference or rally, you pudding head.

Yup, with good reason! Did you see some of quotes in the other post?

#FailureToLaunch is also trending
Yes, I read many reactions. Aaron Rupar's, all the #Trump2024 tags, the idiots who lauded Ron & Elon for doing something new (and it will take awhile to work out the kinks dontcha know) but hey! This route will "stick it to the press because they can't control this" blah, blah, bull hockey. But #DeSaster really nailed it for me & gave me quite a chuckle.

Meatball Ron is getting owned by Trump. When he's not getting owned by Trump, he's self-owning.

As I said in another thread, this was a really ******g stupid idea. Just do a regular press conference or rally, you pudding head.
We want a Trump/Biden rematch in 2024 as it's very unlikely Trump will ever win back the voters he lost last time. DeSantis is an unknown variable here and IMO the most dangerous Fascist that we have seen in our lifetimes.

2025-29 is going to really suck. People are getting more irritated, and the Rs will probably be able to play on that in '24, because the Ds are still deer-in-headlights keep-doing-what-we-have-been-doing. The Rs are dangerous idiots, but the Ds are bound up in their own brand of myopic stupid, and there does not appear to be a viable path out of this intractabe decline, short of destructive upheaval. I have lost my last flickering glimmer of optimism and feel we must now apologize to anyone under 30 that we allowed it to get this bad.

2025-29 is going to really suck. People are getting more irritated, and the Rs will probably be able to play on that in '24, because the Ds are still deer-in-headlights keep-doing-what-we-have-been-doing. The Rs are dangerous idiots, but the Ds are bound up in their own brand of myopic stupid, and there does not appear to be a viable path out of this intractabe decline, short of destructive upheaval. I have lost my last flickering glimmer of optimism and feel we must now apologize to anyone under 30 that we allowed it to get this bad.

I have a similar feeling, perhaps it's a malaise - that somehow we're going to f it up from futzing around. I'm also concerned about Biden's health, with no thoughtful or energetic plan B to quickly pivot to should something happen.

I have a similar feeling, perhaps it's a malaise - that somehow we're going to f it up from futzing around. I'm also concerned about Biden's health, with no thoughtful or energetic plan B to quickly pivot to should something happen.

But where do you pivot to? Biden is the only 2020 Dem candidate that could beat Trump, mainly because most of the country saw him as a moderate Dem. That is no longer the case. So do you try to find a real moderate, one that can win a nomination without being dragged too far left, or go all in with a progressive candidate.

Back