WWDC 2022: What was Announced

Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
MBP 13” has no notch? Looks like it has Touch Bar still? The picture they use of it makes it almost impossible to see the Touch Bar….
I know I'm in the minority here but I love the Touch Bar for routinely used shortcuts.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
MBP 13” has no notch? Looks like it has Touch Bar still? The picture they use of it makes it almost impossible to see the Touch Bar….

Thicker top bezel it looks like.

Do they just have a bunch of 13" touch-bar chassis lying around? I don't understand why they're keeping this laptop around.

There's a crowd that always wants a Pro version of anything exists. So if you are selling a Macbook Air, you know a Pro version is a seller.

Do you already have an M1?
I have the 16 inch MBP to go with my 12.9 iPP.

Joelist

Power User
Reaction score
The "predicters" got M2 a bit wrong - It is more than just a generation change on the microarchitecture. They also did like M1 Pro and added effectively afterburner and also increased the bandwidth. So M2 turns out to be a bigger jump than initially thought.

D

Deleted member 215

Let's hope there's some improvements to the Music app...are we getting that Classical app?

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
The "predicters" got M2 a bit wrong - It is more than just a generation change on the microarchitecture. They also did like M1 Pro and added effectively afterburner and also increased the bandwidth. So M2 turns out to be a bigger jump than initially thought.
I always thought the M series was like iPhones. One year iPhone xx & M1, next year iPhone xxS and M2, and so on.

So it doesn't surprise me when your version gets a 20 - 40% upgrade 6 months after you pulled the trigger.

Joelist

Power User
Reaction score
I always thought the M series was like iPhones. One year iPhone xx & M1, next year iPhone xxS and M2, and so on.

So it doesn't surprise me when your version gets a 20 - 40% upgrade 6 months after you pulled the trigger.
iPhones do seem to follow the tick tock approach where tick is the core change and tock is small enhancements. M Series seems to have ticks but no tocks - at least for now. Instead of the tocks they have "sizes" - the Pro, Max and Ultra are effectively scale ups of the base M Series.

Top Bottom
1 2