WWDC 2022: What was Announced

Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

theorist9

Site Champ
Reaction score
"Vehicles will start to be announced late next year." Caught the tail end of that, but was that Apple saying when the first Apple Car will come out, or did I mishear? I did like the dashboard-wide display in that mockup. EDIT: "No, they're referring to vehicles from the listed carmakers that are compatible with the full dashboard UI."

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I’m pretty happy with the current CarPlay setup, so if there’s nothing new this year, that’s fine for me. Pretty interesting to see the level of integration they are offering for the future.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I’m pretty happy with the current CarPlay setup, so if there’s nothing new this year, that’s fine for me. Pretty interesting to see the level of integration they are offering for the future.

Yeah, I’ve been saying for years they need to development a standard interface for car instrumentation, data, etc., for deep integration, and now with EVs, it’s even more valuable when combined with apps like ABPR for planning routes, charging, etc.

theorist9

Site Champ
Reaction score
Not sure how helpful the running metrics that Apple Watch captures will be in allowing people to improve their form. Yes, vertical oscillation is useful, but the most basic issue with poorer runners is a lack of upper-lower body separation, and this doesn't address that. So by focusing on these, runners needing to improve their form might be missing the forest for the trees.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
May as well say "Let us show you how much better it is than the chip you just bought last week!"

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Dammit, I just bought 2 systems with M1s in them. I feel used. :mad:
If you've brought Apple products in the past you're "used" to this.

ba-dum-tss-sad.gif

Top Bottom
1 2